Author Thread
aceets

View Profile
Proverbs 31
Posted : 9 May, 2010 06:37 AM

southwestgal

You have made some good points in your posts, esp. the one that the Prov. 31 woman is a married woman.

Yet, I do not think that she is an ideal, although I do think that she may be found in strange places. Whoever ordered the books of the Hebrew Bible, placing the Book of Ruth after Prov. 31, seems to think the same.

As to what kind of a man a Prov. 31 woman would find attractive, I would say it would be a man like Boaz.

Blessings

Aceets

aceets

View Profile
enlighten me please...
Posted : 9 May, 2010 06:19 AM

danigapeach

I totally agree with the way you have described friendship in one of your posts in this thread.

Friendship involves getting to know a person for who they are without necessarily looking forward to anything more then discovering yet another brother or sister in Christ.

This process of getting to know people, as opposed to photos and textual constructions in profiles, is vital because falling in love with a picture is idolatry and so is falling in love with a textual construction.

This is why I insist on being good friends with someone before any further steps towards a relationship are being considered.

Blessings

Aceets

aceets

View Profile
Warning label
Posted : 9 May, 2010 06:03 AM

Thanks for the input by everybody. I had a few good loughs while treading this.

Blessings

Aceets

aceets

View Profile
touch =)
Posted : 9 May, 2010 05:26 AM

Well, I was introduced to these ideas about ten years ago. At the time I believed that giving and receiving gifts was on top with physical touch being rock bottom.

Now I prefer words of affirmation and quality time. Physical touch remains bottom.

Thanks for asking the question.

Blessings

Aceets

aceets

View Profile
Ice Cream Flavor!
Posted : 9 May, 2010 05:13 AM

Anything with chocolate and/or chocolate chips

Blessings

Aceets

aceets

View Profile
can someone please help
Posted : 26 Mar, 2010 10:35 AM

If a user has sent you a message, then you can block him/her by clicking the block user button after you have opened their message. The button is right next to another one which allows you to report the user. You may also wish to report the user and protect the rest of us.

Hope this helps.

Blessings

Aceets

aceets

View Profile
Did god harden pharoahs heart?
Posted : 22 Nov, 2009 02:33 AM

Steve,

Good post that.

I would just add that if one was to read Exodus from the perspective of Isaiah, then the hardening of heart language is really a language of idolatry. Pharaoh is both an idolater and an idol in Egyptian culture. He has become what he worships. When we have this dangerous spiritual truth in mind (see, e.g. Psalm 115.1-8), there is no difficulty to understand how both God and pharaoh worked together to achieve God's intentions i.e. a clear-cut victory over the gods of Egypt and a strong testimony to the whole world expressed in the repetitive use of the phrase "so that they (Israel, the Egyptians and the nations) may know that I am Yahweh".

Blessings

Aceets

aceets

View Profile
Busy Singles
Posted : 22 Nov, 2009 02:16 AM

Beth,

Thanks for the post. It is a very good one indeed and it made me think.

Yes, I believe that I am way too busy and that has prevented me from meeting people. Being a young seminary lecturer demands enormous amounts of time to be invested in the preparation of lectures of your own, rather then relying on the notes of your teachers. Last year it truly overwhelmed me so that I ended up staying in the office from 6AM to 11PM just in order to be ready for the next class. Only a good summer holiday with my family saved me from a burn-out.

Well, you can imagine how much time I had to hang out with people my age. Oh, and by the way, it is culturally inappropriate to date one of your students in my part of the world!

So, how do I turn this around. First, I made sure I did some of the class preparation during the summer. Next, I commanded :) myself to stay in the office only from 9AM to 5PM and no more. Thirdly, I will not agree to do any teaching that has not been scheduled ahead of time. So far things have looked better, although CDFF has remained one of the few means by which I meet people. Hopefully that may change some day.

To sum up, I honestly believe that one of the reasons why I am single is because I am to busy.

Blessings

Aceets

aceets

View Profile
Pacifism
Posted : 22 Nov, 2009 01:35 AM

Garrett,

I absolutely agree with your post.

I would just like to add that Pacifists are by no means assivists! (pun intended) They do many things in order to prevent armed conflicts and bring reconciliation between waring sides.

Blessings

Aceets

aceets

View Profile
Racial Discrimination
Posted : 1 Nov, 2009 05:39 AM

dutzeagle

You were trying to say this in some of your earlier posts here. Shame it did not get noticed and you had to do it in this blunt manner.

I begin to wander weather or not the option on the mail settings which only allow people from a certain country to contact you works in this way as well.

But yes, all Christians are not and must not be like that.

Just my thoughts anyway.

Page : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9