Author Thread
GraceMae

View Profile
What physically attracts you?
Posted : 2 May, 2010 09:25 PM

What physically attracts me? Well, that's changed over the years... (sorry, some of yall might find that odd, but so what! :goofball:) What I'm noticing is that what I used to think was so "physically attractive" some years ago, don't float my boat the way it used to.... Now, what seems to "make butterflies in the stomach and heart flutter" ... has taken a twist. The things that used to turn my head, well, must be something the Lord is doing with me, cause I've changed! Ok, so I still have a few that apply today...

- eye contact (that's one! :yay:) Actually that's a biggy!

A lot of the attributes many of you listed used to be on my list too. So ok, I'm blabbering now...

In some ways now, physical attraction "does not equal to chemistry" which is what I want! Chemistry!! What I'm learning is that chemistry might not have anything to do at all with physical attraction or lack of. I.E.... You all know the entertainer Seal....Well, I've always thought of him as being so attractive to me... As some of you know he's scarred, but, I find him to be so "alluring like a magnet" to me, that I just respect, and admire that man so much. His demeanor, the way he carries himself...etc....

For that matter, a man like Frank Sinatra floated my boat too! Hey, maybe we ought to post a thread on our favorite attractive actors, politicians, businessmen, etc... Oops... got carried away! :rolleyes: Thanks for making me think 1babygirl

~ GraceMae

GraceMae

View Profile
Returning messages?
Posted : 30 Apr, 2010 09:22 PM

Remp... I agree with your thoughts. I have experienced this also PnW. As you said too, when it's the other person who contacts you first and initiates the desire to want to get to know you, then after awhile.... poof. I'd feel better if the person just told me, they were no longer interested, or had someone else, or just too busy to continue communicating with me... just a reply back would be very relieving, respectful, and courteous. ~ GraceMae

GraceMae

View Profile
Affection...from a girl's perspective
Posted : 30 Apr, 2010 08:58 PM

Thanks for posing the Q to us women, bcp.... I'm kinda with 1babygirl.... What I do know though, is, for me... a hug would probably be ok, ending the first date perhaps, hopefully that date confirms a positive chemistry. Holding hands would also be dependent on that chemistry too. I think though, that the kissing I would hold back. To me, each stage of physical expression... I want to know what it means. I can't just exchange saliva with someone kissing-- casually. If we're kissing, I'd hope to think that we've bonded, and more than just casual friends, or casual dating. ~GraceMae

GraceMae

View Profile
Moving into my Dream House
Posted : 29 Apr, 2010 09:15 PM

Praise God, and congrats!! Enjoy and make sure you have plenty of food to feed us all for that new home celebration! ~ GraceMae

GraceMae

View Profile
The Finger
Posted : 28 Apr, 2010 08:55 PM

Yes, I agree with you Thunder.... We gotta take care about pointing the fingers at others less we forget who we are, and where we come from.

Matthew Henry�s Concise Commentary expands a little pre and post to your scripture reference. In particular it says, which I think is related to �pointing of the finger�:

Henry writes � But they indulged pride, covetousness, and malignant passions. To be liberal and merciful is more acceptable to God than mere fasting, which, without them, is vain and hypocritical. Many who seem humble in God�s house, are harsh at home, and harass their families. But no man�s faith justifies, which does not work by love.�

If we aren't real careful, we could be pegged "vain and hypocrital". ~ GraceMae

GraceMae

View Profile
Stuck Up
Posted : 28 Apr, 2010 08:22 PM

katiek.... I admire you... You know your makeup and who you are in Christ, and are in tune wtih you.:applause:

You got the one up on some folk, my sister! Thanks for sharing! ~ GraceMae

GraceMae

View Profile
If you could have a "perfect"...
Posted : 28 Apr, 2010 08:05 PM

Good suggestions and input from everyone. Pixy, I know God has been using me to minister to young single women more-so with their struggles in relationships sometimes. I think there is a big need not to have just an established �titled� ministry, just a checkmark of the church saying �hey, we got women�s ministry covered� because most times it�s not all covered. There are a lot of single/divorced young and older women who are suffering inside, and in women�s ministry we�ve got to be able to dwelve into the hearts of these women, and be for real with them about life and God. Asking the penetrating questions can be hard, but also, for us to be authentic and genuine in our willingness to help another sister, we�ve got to be transparent with each other, speak our own experiences and not pacify and glaze over the hurts they�ve experienced. Many times I�ve seen the holiness there, but not the �realness� from the person trying to comfort �so the believability that the support is genuine is questioned by the hurt person. When you�re hurting, all the time you don�t feel �holy�� you want someone there to feel your hurt, let you vent, share something they might�ve experienced like you, and how they then were able to come out of it with God through His word... That is the most effective kind of women�s ministry in my opinion.

The fellowship part�. Outings, eating gatherings, shopping adventures, etc� are all good too. I thank God that I allow Him to use me however He wants to. Then once He puts the person before me, I just know�. This is God� now I�m �on� for Him. Ok, well, that�s my initial input. Good post!

GraceMae

View Profile
Why are you single?
Posted : 28 Apr, 2010 07:10 PM

raqsz... WELCOME BACK! I missed you! :applause:

~GraceMae

GraceMae

View Profile
Please help me pray...
Posted : 28 Apr, 2010 08:13 AM

Please lift up our sister lululuvsGod in your prayers. Specifically for employment, her health and strengthening of family relationships. She is going through a lot as some of you know, but I lift her up again now, as the trials are increasing. Thank you prayer warriors and God bless you.

~ GraceMae

GraceMae

View Profile
Why are you single?
Posted : 27 Apr, 2010 09:10 PM

Nyanda, T, everyone ... (softly speaking...) Thanks for your responses. I posted the thread so we might be able to share of ourselves, and who we are/what we feel with one another. NOT for us to argue. There is enough of that going on elsewhere in this forum. I care about you gents and ladies, and respect the fact that we DO HAVE this venue to have ** F-U-N ** together and "let our hair down" from time to time, NOT "raise our hair and eyebrows all the time".

Please, please, let us not attack one another (again "softly speaking"). If you must do, then do it privately... messsage yourselves privately...

So, with that being stated... please everyone, we may continue now. I appreciate reading the various responses. Thanks!! ~ GraceMae

Page : 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17