Author Thread
GraceMae

View Profile
Why Come people, Why Come?
Posted : 3 Jun, 2010 09:22 PM

Why come, accomplishment comes to those who say, "I can make it happen"? ~ Brian Cavanaugh

Why come, true knowledge is not attained by thinking, It is what you arel; it is what you become. ~ Sri Aurobindo

Why come, different sores have differnt salves?..~ English proverb...

Why come the breath of life is so mysterious, awesome, wonderful, glorious, can't explain to anybody the true magic of it all..........

GraceMae

View Profile
What's the deal?
Posted : 3 Jun, 2010 08:39 PM

Allright Godslamb! I'm with you!! :applause: ~ GraceMae

GraceMae

View Profile
Just wondering
Posted : 3 Jun, 2010 08:30 PM

T - I think many Christiians know the truth, but pick and choose what they see with there "eyes'... will or will not be most beneficial to them in this earthly life.... you say "wouldn't they also have the ability to find it and know it and so live by it?" Well no... It still comes back to what we as believers are willing to stand firm in our spiritual foundation on. Many can believe the Word of God is true, yet the same will decide again and again what parts they will live/not live out in there own lives, and that is the problem.

I feel everyone has some kind of faith, doctrine they believe in, but I also feel that there is some part of that same faith, doctrine, that they may not yet be willing to live out in there own lives... There in lies the biggest problem... we talk about loving others as Christ loved the church, the body of Christ. God gave up His Son, Jesus Christ for us. What right do we really have to pick and choose (in the big scheme of things.....) to say "no Lord, my way of truth is better that what you've laid out for us" ... In my own walk, this I'm questioned with almost daily. I appreciate you posting.

~ GraceMae

GraceMae

View Profile
first letter
Posted : 3 Jun, 2010 08:12 PM

bamak - If someone contacts me for the first time, I always respond.... just out of simple courtesy... Now the response, don't ask, cause sometimes the 1st message is a doosie!! ( I wanna poke-um! Some good, some I get not so good!

I can tell ya, my main profile pic is of food, and I tell you I get many look-see's just because of the display of food (which I dont' mind), then I get some who actually read my profile, and look at the other pics too. (That's good too, except for this one joker who offended me, and really got me hot under the collar!!:angeldevil:)

I can tell you though, I DO know what I want in a man, and I AM looking for a Godly man. I've already prayed to our Lord that He give me discernment that I can "SEE" and not be deceived in what I'm looking at. I can tell you I've been deceived once on this site, but it only took that one time.

I like what you said about us all having " parameters of acceptance".... very good! Thank you! ~ GraceMae :glow:

GraceMae

View Profile
show interest
Posted : 3 Jun, 2010 08:02 PM

bamak.... I, like Pixy... have to admit, I need mental stimulation. People that I can exchange my mental thoughts with who can appreciate what may be going on in my mind, and are spiritually on the same page, somewhat, as I.

I said enough in my profile to encourage or deter most... so, a nice, honest, simple PM works for me. Winks I appreciate, but so really signify a mans' real interest in me. Some of you men are into looks, could care less about the content of what a woman writes in her profile. Others take the time to read the profile, and wink, saying nothing at all. So, winks have no real meaning for me. I usually always write back something out of courtesy, but that's all actually.

I like a man who can see the little that most can interpret from looking at pics in a profile, or even taking the time to read a profile, and actually take that and just relax and say "Hey, I would like to be in communication with you. Nothing heavy, just simple, slow, that's ok with me". Now, that raises my eyebrows! Thanks for the post! You've partially revived me! :applause: ~ GraceMae

GraceMae

View Profile
Male Leadership Has Failed
Posted : 2 Jun, 2010 07:38 PM

It takes two�. Two believers who stand on the word of God. How can a man be a Godly husband and leader of the home if he doesn�t know enough about the Word of God, believe, receive and stand on it to be that? How can a woman submit to her Godly husband if she doesn�t know and receive and stand on the Word of God to be that? The foundation of what we believe as men and women of God has everything to do with the success of a Godly marriage. It really is that simple. It is not about being perfect, but being perfect in one another in Christ. If a man doesn�t have the foundation he needs to lead us women, then we women (those not strong to know for ourselves what we�re really looking at in a man and/or our own foundation isn�t strong) will just take the reign and lead him!

I don�t think male leadership has failed. I think a true Godly man has a discerning spirit, and for the one who has a Godly woman by his side, performs the task as a male leader in his home very well, and God is glorified. For him, his wife is more than happy to submit because she knows she has a man that loves God, and will abide by His word, and love her that much more because of it.

~GraceMae

GraceMae

View Profile
Friendships vs Relationships and the Internet.
Posted : 2 Jun, 2010 06:50 PM

SimSou�. I agree with everything you�ve said. I often look at friendships I�ve formed in the work place, i.e. working with people in different geographic locations. By phone, we had to get to learn one anothers personalities (email, phone & video conferencing) , and learn how to work together and get assignments completed. I had to work with many people long distance where I was sort of forced to get to know them in able to work with them, different culture of people, race, age and gender, and I did learn over a span of 22 years in employment then, and never physically meeting some, that you can have relationship with folk you sometime may never meet. Then on occasion I would travel to that area and get to meet them in person, and it was awesome! They could identify a face with the voice and character established in their minds over all the time spent working together.

Similarly, I think internet sites could have the same analogy. Only problem is everyone on these sites aren�t honest, and motives are deceptive, and many have different agendas using these sites.

Like you said, everything takes time, but if we practice most of the things you and others have shared about , including caution and with much regard of discernment along the way, guarding our hearts, this really can be a fun place to get to meet nice people. Thank you again for what you�ve shared!

~GraceMae

GraceMae

View Profile
Old black and white movies...
Posted : 24 May, 2010 09:49 PM

Katie.... as a youngin'' I used to watch Doris Day too! Me and my brother were into all the James Bond oldies (back then they were alll black and white).

Ok, so BG, yeah.... All the Sidney Poiter B/W movies.... A Patch of Blue, Mr Tibbs, and Lillies of the Field.... great acting!

Yeah Brandon.... Paper Moon... thumbs up! :glow:

GraceMae

View Profile
Why Come Part III
Posted : 24 May, 2010 09:41 PM

springrose..... "Why come my best friend says she wants to join a dating site (she's married) because I'm the one having all of the FUN?!?!

Good one!!!! :applause: ~ GraceMae

GraceMae

View Profile
How/When did you become a fan?
Posted : 22 May, 2010 08:07 PM

Hey Brandon! I'm in the Dallas metroplex and I've been an avid fan of the Dallas Cowboys... have been for many years now. I actually got started watching football years ago because my Dad was into it, and he taught me what some things meant when I asked stupid questions. I learned as much as I could about the game and it has served as a good advantage for me when conversing with the male gender! I have something other than talking about relationships :rolleyes: Men figure I'm not so dumb I can talk relatively intellegently about football (either that or they just go along with me anyway and don't want to hurt my feelings!:glow:) With football though, I also like watching other pro football teams... especially at playoff!

Pro basketball I like but mainly during the playoffs. My Dad is geographically distanced from me, so we talk on the phone long distance during the night games and banter in exchange. He likes that.

I used to think pro baseball games boring, but the last few years, I like to watch it sometimes.. Of course I pull for the Texas Rangers!

And last but not least, I love bowling!! [ Many don't consider bowling a Sport, but I beg to differ] Mainly cause I LOVE TO BOWL!! I used to bowl in travel league for several years, but then God got hold of me cause I was doing it all day on Sundays, and the Holy Spirit started convicting me. Now I bowl just for fun. It's also a good exercise for flex and extending! :glow:

Page : 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13