Author Thread
GraceMae

View Profile
When we share....
Posted : 15 May, 2010 10:23 PM

Amen River..... and Amen again! The thing about this life here on earth is in remembering that we are not here just to enjoy life, but as believers, it is to be all about glorifying God in this time He allows us to remain here on earth. It's a blessing for us to open our hearts, to share the good and the bad parts of who we are, who we were, and how God has changed us. The Word of God ( our "living" God) is SOOOO precious! When we take time to heed the living Word of God, our "light" that others see in us, hopefully... will encourage and help others with hope, yet needing reassurance, help them continue in there own personal journey in the faith.

Just even as Nyanda illustrated in her reply, just sharing that real life experience, as simple as it was, could help another in ways that we have no idea could bring another believer closer in Christ.... or at least, reinforcing a decision to continue the walk in faith. I know from experience, sometimes people don't just want to be quoted scripture... They want to know, have a silent yearning to know, how God has spoken to, and is working in other believers lives. It's one thing to quote scripture, but it's another to KNOW how that scripture has worked applicably in a persons life. That's how we help and assist in a believers life... when we share.

GraceMae

View Profile
Long Distance Relationship...
Posted : 15 May, 2010 09:43 PM

I think LD relationships can work. Its most often a number of factors that attribute to the success of one including chemistry (enough that says, hey "we can try to give this a go anyway"), level of spiritual maturity and maturity in general as well, and the willingness of both persons to compromise just a little because of the distance. If God is in our lives, and we allow God to be the one to direct our steps with one another, anything is possible for a positive outcome.

While, as in previous posts about this topic, obviously for some, relocating is NOT an option, so many rule out distance all together, and that is ones perogative in there perusal of selecting or not selecting.

Seriously though, it could be the woman or the man that boughs out dependent on these things. Patience, persistence and faith have a lot to do I think, with the success of having a long distance relationship. ~ GraceMae

GraceMae

View Profile
Will be true this biblical phrase? Where is love nowdays?
Posted : 13 May, 2010 09:14 PM

What are we doing about it hum? Where is love nowdays?

Well... with racism... that's going to exist because this is an imperfect world with impterfect people. Racism is a choice. But, I'll say.. as we all know... LOVE is a choice too...

Love CAN be enough, but we've got to make the choce to LOVE regardless of the things and circumstances around us, AND be willing to stand above all odds, anyway... In truth, many of us in the world haven't matured enough spiriitually to grasp the full impact of the sacrifice, ridicule, and persecution involved to stand and love that way.

~ GraceMae

GraceMae

View Profile
When we share....
Posted : 13 May, 2010 09:01 PM

I like it when we post things about scripture, and we share how that scripture personally affects our lives. I get so much more meaning and encouragement knowing how scripture has worked in your life personally and builds me up to want to continue on in lifestyle appication of our Word of God.

Sometimes though, I get disheartened with many posts, as it's been already expressed by many all around the forums of late. It's one thing to post an article, which is good... as many enjoy the lessons. BUT, lessons are better 'learned" and "received" from those with personal witnesss to the Word of God I feel.

I would like us to continue as a body of believers in community with each other, to share that scripture that touches us our lives personally to continue helping, edifying and encouraging others to continue being steadfast in our personal walks with our Lord. This is what I love about CDFF. :glow: ~ GraceMae

GraceMae

View Profile
Life's too short
Posted : 13 May, 2010 08:18 PM

... not to be thankful about the here and now.

... to not love freely.

...to not realize when God sends someone into your life, not to realize its blessing, reach out and receive back the gift of friendship and love.

...to not keep in the forefront of your mind, that human life can be over the next breath you take.

~ GraceMae

GraceMae

View Profile
for the guys and girls
Posted : 13 May, 2010 08:05 PM

River... the one thing that would probably make me change my mind and back off would be his insistant approach of wanting/pursuing physically intimacy. Particularly if we are both professing Christians, yet this is the one thing (celibacy) I find out as we progress that he doesn't buy into. Of course there is the other things that bcp and godslamb mentioned too. ~ GraceMae

GraceMae

View Profile
Older Men or Younger Men
Posted : 13 May, 2010 07:57 PM

Well now... Ideally IF, that is** IF ** a younger man had all the qualities that would "float my boat!" Yes, YES, YYEESS... a younger man will do!! :yay: My heart is young :bouncy:, and I'd love to have someone old or young who is able to relate to me on my level, and me on his, and we both enjoy being around each other and make each other smile! Of course we said before about chemistry, etc. and that is most important. MrLL thank you for the question! It got me excited and thinking about the possibilities!! ~ GraceMae

GraceMae

View Profile
For laughs.....
Posted : 8 May, 2010 09:31 PM

Nyanda... believe it or not..you help keep me on my toes.... :glow: ~ GraceMae :dancingp:

GraceMae

View Profile
Happy Mothers Day :)
Posted : 8 May, 2010 08:38 PM

Happy Mothers Day River and ALL the CDFF ladies!!! :applause:

~ GraceMae

GraceMae

View Profile
Ice Cream Flavor
Posted : 8 May, 2010 08:33 PM

Mint Chocalate chip! :yay: yummy yum yum..... I don't just have one favorite, but I'll go with this one for today! :glow: ~ GraceMae

Page : 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15