Author Thread
shepherdingking

View Profile
I have to talk before I burst!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Posted : 17 Dec, 2010 02:21 PM

This verse is good too, Thess 4:3-8, Christians should not act as pagans with sex.

"this is the will of God, your sanctification: that you should abstain from sexual immorality; 4 that each of you should know how to possess his own vessel in sanctification and honor, 5 not in passion of lust, like the Gentiles who do not know God; 6 that no one should take advantage of and defraud his brother in this matter, because the Lord is the avenger of all such, as we also forewarned you and testified. 7 For God did not call us to uncleanness, but in holiness. 8 Therefore he who rejects this does not reject man, but God, who has also given[a] us His Holy Spirit."

Technically a jewish wedding/marriage was not considered valid unless it was consumated first. Untill then it was an arrangement/bethothal or an exclusive time to get to know each other where emotional intercourse is cultivated, not sex. :rocknroll:

shepherdingking

View Profile
The Unrecognized Third Choice Still Available Today!
Posted : 17 Dec, 2010 01:56 PM

I think you are on to something here, being overly concerned about right and wrong. That is exactly what the serpent wanted them to believe. The big lie..."you can be like God, knowing right and wrong." Satan wanted them to think they could know more than God.

Oddly enough, it is seen in the Church. Some mistakenly believe they have special knowledge over others. It comes accross as legalistic and judgemental. A little knowledge can be dangerous. It is a mental condition, pride. The choice is in discerning the spirits. :waving:

shepherdingking

View Profile
Choice vs. Feeling
Posted : 9 Dec, 2010 03:04 PM

God is love, He feels it. He created man as a recipient of His Love. As a result many are called, but few are chosen. The choice to love comes after the original feeling of love.

A bull elk aproaches a heard of female elk and closely passes by one of them. The female looks as if she might kick him in the head as he makes his pass. So He does not chose her, though that was what he was feeling originally. The choice is birthed by feelings. :yay:

shepherdingking

View Profile
How are you using your spiritual gifts in partnership with God?
Posted : 7 Dec, 2010 09:59 AM

Faith...

Speaking mysteries to God

laying on hands

prophetic vision

to name a few :yay:

shepherdingking

View Profile
The sin of divorce?
Posted : 7 Dec, 2010 09:55 AM

I do not know about Catholic divorce. I am not Catholic. But they do have it too. The idea of divorce can never be truly examined unless you know what a marriage is. now the legal system that says if you are truly married is considering same sex marriage as part of it's definition.

IMHO, Man's ritual marriage is not what "God has joined together," as Jesus said.

The power invested in me to marry people does not come from God but from apiece of paper you can get free on the internet.

The traditions of man came after God's joining them together by creating them male and female. Catholic divorce,Jewish divorce or Christian divorce have missed the mark as a ministry to any people today. :yay:

shepherdingking

View Profile
The sin of divorce?
Posted : 6 Dec, 2010 01:01 PM

Truth:

As you know the Masoetic text (KJV) and the The LXX (Septuagint) do not always agree. The "God hates divorce" (Masoetic text) has been used and abused to imply God hates all divorce and therefore divorce is not an option. And this is what I believed until I through no fault of my own became a victim of divorce.

The Dead Sea Scrolls agree with the most accurate version says,"For the man who does not love his wife but divorces her, says the LORD, the God of Israel, covers his garment with violence, says the LORD of hosts." (Malachi 2:16 ESV),

The KJV says "God hates divorce" but an earlier version, the Dead Sea Scrolls agrees with the LLX and, says he who hates and puts away covers his mind with violence as with a garment.

To me, hat would seem to be the hard hearted issue Jesus spoke of.

The account of Ezra (Ez.10:3) was a covenant made to divorce pagan wives. The bigger picture was for returning Judah, known as Jews, to contiue the line of David and fulfil the prophetic birth of the Messiah.

shepherdingking

View Profile
How are you using your spiritual gifts in partnership with God?
Posted : 5 Dec, 2010 05:02 PM

Spirit gifts are manifestations of the Holy Spirit, 1 Cor.

Motivation gifts are from the Father, Rom. 12:4-8, we are born with. And Christmas gifts, Eph. 4:11, are gifts Christ gave to the Church. Sometimes these lists of gifts overlap, (leadership/prophecy) and can be confusing. But generally if you can say "lists of gifts" three times in a row, real fast you may be line for the gift of tongues, :ROFL:

shepherdingking

View Profile
AGE RANGES SET BY MALES AT THIS SITE.
Posted : 5 Dec, 2010 04:45 PM

After I reach 60 I'd may prefer an 18 year old wife. That is if I could catch one. But I might break something in the process.

:yay:

shepherdingking

View Profile
AGE RANGES SET BY MALES AT THIS SITE.
Posted : 3 Dec, 2010 03:03 PM

What an older guy wants a younger woman for is not really a realistic QUESTION, most know answer. It is obvious or it should be. But the implication is that these men are so how not proper for doing so shows a inclination to rush to judgement. This is the real danger to men being nagged for as yet unfounded allegations.

Trusting God's wisdom, Abraham was 10 yrs older than Sarah, But she brought him great wealth. Changes in life are a normal part of God's plan. But not all of us have lived a normal life when it comes to romantic relationships.

Am I wrong to think a healthy physical relationship is too be expected after 50. That may be the real question. Should guys seeking marriage expect to have a satisfying physical relationship, too. Or should they just be happy with an emotional bond doing girl stuff like shopping or watching the grand kids. :party:

shepherdingking

View Profile
Catholics endorse Adventists!
Posted : 3 Dec, 2010 12:38 PM

Catholics not Calvinists are trying to get in good with God�s people including the Sabbath keepers. But my web name �daves7days� has nothing to do with Adventists. It is simply healthier eating vegitables, (Dan 1:12) and having your own personal relatiobship with God, (Matt 11:29-30)

IMHO, There needs to be a new Protestant movement protesting not only the abuses (incompetency) of the Catholic church but there new alliances with the Islamic �Anti-Christ� forces. :waving:

Page : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10