Author Thread
shepherdingking

View Profile
A Foolish Husband and the Wise Wife...
Posted : 28 Jun, 2011 02:58 PM

Women are responsible to work out their own salvation personally with God just like a man. Otherwise the man would become the "way" for a woman to find God. But 1 Cor 7:16 suggests an unbelieving man might even be saved through his wife. Therefore they are at least equal in that respect.

"God has called us to peace. 16 For how do you know, O wife, whether you will save your husband? Or how do you know, O husband, whether you will save your wife?" (1 Cor 7:15b-16).

Abigail was a good wife for David.

"He who finds a wife finds a good thing, and obtains favor from the LORD." Proverbs 18:22

Her husband was a dead man one way or another. But Abigail saved David from committing murder and became his wife. She worked on behalf of God's overall plan for a Godly seed and the Son of David.

Men and women are both divine creations, God's likeness. Man is both male and female in God's image.

A Woman is Man (humankind). Therefore a woman has a "Spiritual Man" inward and a female body. A woman's (sensual) body should not speak in the church. But a Spiritual man, as a woman, can and do. Some women are very manly. And some men are not. God makes things right.

Romans 4:17, "the God who gives life to the dead and calls things that are not as though they were." :purpleangel:

shepherdingking

View Profile
A great falling away?
Posted : 13 Jun, 2011 10:48 AM

"Let no man deceive you by any means: for [that day shall not come], except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition" 2 Thess. 2:3. A great falling away? Who falls away? The man of sin is also called the spirit of lawlessness. Today's economic tribulations may cause some to receive that spirit of lawlessness and abandon sound biblical principles like "do not steal" and choose to live for the "hear and now" instead of the "hear after."

When times are tough, the tough get going but some will fall away. When Jesus comes you should not be found beating up God's servants. I can never understand why Christians are critical of other Christians. It seems to me very close to blaspheming the Holy Spirits work in someones life. Who am I to judge another. Christians should maintain a spirit of unity.

But the context of this great falling away is false teachers at the end times.

"suppose the servant says to himself, �My master is taking a long time in coming,� and he then begins to beat the other servants, both men and women, and to eat and drink and get drunk. The master of that servant will come on a day when he does not expect him and at an hour he is not aware of. He will cut him to pieces and assign him a place with the unbelievers,"

(Luke 12:45-46).

shepherdingking

View Profile
any views on the Emergent Church
Posted : 7 Jun, 2011 11:31 AM

This Emergent Church scare seems to suggest that many are led astray. If it were possible to deceive the elect.

On the other hand they claim traditional churches are too legalistic and hurt the people they claim to help.

Does anyone have reason to believe the Emergent church preaches a false gospel? The Bible does say we are to watch out if something like this happens in the last days. :boxing:

shepherdingking

View Profile
Roles reversed?
Posted : 7 Apr, 2011 11:01 AM

Some people just don't get it. When the bible says "he will rule over her" it is a statment of fact. It does not mean he has to try to do something God has already spoke into existence. Nor does it mean the woman has any choice in the matter. She came from God through the man, so he has the senority. :ROFL:

When women rule over man it causes problems.

shepherdingking

View Profile
Roles reversed?
Posted : 5 Apr, 2011 01:14 PM

I thought this thread was about role reversals. I may downplay the sticky questions of wives submitting to husbands. But we all heard the curse of Gen. 3:16, that he will rule over her. It may simply mean it is because the men are physically stronger. Or it may be he has some other strength she wants.

Ga 3:13Christ hath redeemed us from the curse of the law, being made a curse for us:

But God joined them together before the curse of the Fall (not the law). Science has verified this fact. The man carries X and Y chromizomes. And God took a side of the man, the Y side, and formed a woman. Woman carries two Y chromizomes.

Therefore a man 'CAN' get in touch with his "female side" and relate to his wife in a very caring understanding way like a close girl friend. But the woman cannot do this so she has to submitt because her female Y chomizomes belong to him.

IN other words, man can relate to a wife in an understanding way. But wives and most women think men are clueless. Nevertheless God created them male and Female.

shepherdingking

View Profile
Please be respectful, I really wanta know what all think
Posted : 7 Mar, 2011 01:55 PM

@Sheperdingking,

I just want to make sure I'm not reading too much into what you are saying. When you are saying that the man is only the head of the woman and not of the house, are you saying that the woman is the only one responsible for the spiritual lessons of her children, or are you saying the woman is responsible for the management of running the household, i.e. food, bills, laundry, etc.

The traditional view of man as the head or leader is certainly a truth we hold to be self evident. But in Christian circles the Traditional view vs the Complementarian view has been debated. Basically, IMO men and women, created both in God's image, are equal (spiritually). But according to the flesh the men rule over the women.

But in today's world, it is turned around. Women rule and men drool, so it seems. This is what it means when a woman "usurps" her authority over the man. The wife is given to rule over her husband...

1 Cor 7:4,

"The wife does not have authority over her own body but yields it to her husband. In the same way, the husband does not have authority over his own body but yields it to his wife."

The prostitute usurps authority over the man by using sexual powers. A wife should not trade sex for housework and therfore play the harlot towards her husband :yay:

shepherdingking

View Profile
Please be respectful, I really wanta know what all think
Posted : 5 Mar, 2011 11:17 AM

The bible does not say man or the husband is head of the house. It say man is head of the woman like Christ is to the church. But unlike a man, Christ is the only way of salvation, it is not a man or husband. be careful not to give to a man what is God's.

Abraham's wife respected her husband and called him lord not because he was her head or because he deserved it.

The Word for head also means "source" or "fountain head."

The progression of head as source is seen as ...God sent Christ, Man was created through Christ, and woman was taken out of man. Following this progression, Children come from the mother and she would then be their head or source. Any husband with half a brain knows that the woman or wife is really the head of the home. that's where she shines as the woman identifies with her home while the man is primarily known by his work.

This false (teaching) view of making man head of the house puts women down. Which some may not care for. As a man though, I see this as more serious. Men are not always sensitive to women's feelings. That includes me.

But IMHO, making men head of the home adds extra work for the husband. He goes out and works and now he has to be head of the house too? God forbid. Don't try to strap me with a woman who denies her spiritual duties and then makes the excuse her husband is not a good enough head.

The head or spiritual head of the man is to be the woman's emotional source. Like the physical source, this will affect every other area of the woman including her attitude towards the home.

daves7days :yay:

--

"let him labor, working with his hands what is good, that he may have something to give him who has need." Ephesians 4:28

�Do not labor for the food that perishes, but for the food that endures to eternal life"

John 6:27a.

shepherdingking

View Profile
Pagan Christianity ?
Posted : 15 Jan, 2011 04:59 PM

I Googled "Pagan Christianity" and got emergent church/Mars hill and Phil Driscoll who wrote a book titled Pagan Christianity. But really there is no such thing as Pagan Christianity. It is a contradiction of terms. The better phrase is counterfiet Christianity or just plain cult.

How do you define pagan? As an acronym, it stands for; People

Against

Goodness

And

Normalcy.

:yay:

shepherdingking

View Profile
What has....?
Posted : 1 Jan, 2011 09:29 AM

New Years Day falls on a Sabbath Day this year. Adam was created on the sixth day and then took Saturday off. We should rest on God. not take a rest from God. :angel:

:bow: �since the promise of entering his rest still stands, let us be careful that none of you be found to have fallen short of it.� (Heb4).

:applause: �Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls.� (Matt11). Rest in God �rest in Peace.

:yay: �Let no man therefore judge you in meat, or in drink, or in respect of an holyday, or of the new moon, or of the sabbath [days]:� (1 Cor2:16).

shepherdingking

View Profile
Why do you disappear?
Posted : 29 Dec, 2010 01:05 PM

You do not build a house in a day. Men need some brake time for God to speak on how to proceed or not. You can read

"Men are from Mars Women are from Venus" that says men are like rubber bands that get stretched out emotionally by the woman. And after being stretched he needs his "Cave" time to recover and be ready for the woman's next emotional stretch session. :ROFL:

:dancingp: :dancingp:

Page : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10