Author Thread
MargoSolo

View Profile
Please don't laugh
Posted : 4 Feb, 2011 10:51 PM

I think the female equivent challenge would be learning how to help put on a tie. I don't have a clue!:excited:

MargoSolo

View Profile
here I go again!!
Posted : 1 Feb, 2011 11:09 AM

In a marriage or serious relationship, I think it is a nice gesture to call and let the other know if you happen to be in a 1:1 situation with another person, for example, you bump into them at a coffee shop and they sit down to chat. Its not necessary, but it sure builds trust.

MargoSolo

View Profile
What if. . .
Posted : 1 Feb, 2011 10:12 AM

Thunder,

I don't have any use for it either, if people insult and name call and loose focus of the joy of their faith. I grieve about it, and it makes me mad what some people have said. Then I see a new believer and the purity and joy of their faith. I wonder how God looks at us, myself included when I have fallen short.

Anytime our talk is more than our walk we need to re-focus. That being said, I do see benefit in it if it is done with humility and mutual respect, if we put ourselves aside and do it in an organized manner, with God's word as the focus and we do it in an attitude of "lets find this out together". If that is the case, I find it challenging, fun, and helpful in my own understanding of God's word.

MargoSolo

View Profile
Just for fun.... (not the same as Ask a Girl)
Posted : 1 Feb, 2011 10:02 AM

Pie!

Chinese!

Country

Brunette

Tennis

Live Music

Either 5 star or camping

Summer!

MargoSolo

View Profile
What would happen if...
Posted : 30 Jan, 2011 07:17 PM

Marikasome -

True, but I always try to ask myself if what I am saying is substantiated by scripture or not. If not, I won't post, or I certainly retract if I am in error. We aren't perfect but I would hope that we try to stick to inpartiality as closely as we can.

Shawn - I love how you always look at all the questions involved. -

Browneyed -

There's wisdom in your words. I think you addressed some of Shawn's questions. Is what we post going to cause a stumbling block to others? How much of a possibility of misunderstandings are there in this type of forum? Good questions.

Hilltop �

You have a point. We have to look at the totality of scripture. I mention just one scripture at a time so as not to get sidetracked but to keep the discussion focused and orderly. Welcome to the forums!

MargoSolo

View Profile
Men Who Cry
Posted : 30 Jan, 2011 06:32 PM

Well, what was Jesus like? Definately sensitive and loving to others, but He was no wimp.

MargoSolo

View Profile
What would happen if...
Posted : 30 Jan, 2011 02:49 AM

What would happen if we all played by one pre-set set of rules within a debate or discussion in regards to Bible interpretation:

1) All posts will include only scripture. Not labeling, not opinon, not name-calling, just scripture, not man-made assumptions.

2) The discussion will focus on one scripture at a time until it is agreed upon to move to another.

3) When posting scripture, please provide support of your interpretation, including citing of commentaries or other resources for the study of that particular verse, or context, or orginal language, etc. In other words, how did you come to that conclusion? I'm not asking anyone to be a scholar. Even notes at the bottom of a study bible will do. No this is what it means "to me".

4) When refuting that interpretation, please use the same standards.

I wonder how it would change our discussions, and I wonder how many people would actually take that challenge. After all, I think scripture is the only valid focus.

MargoSolo

View Profile
Just a thought
Posted : 30 Jan, 2011 02:34 AM

Oh, and please don't tell me you don't have to. That wasn't the question. The question is have you ever considered it or actually done it.

MargoSolo

View Profile
Just a thought
Posted : 30 Jan, 2011 02:08 AM

Has it ever occured to anyone to ever debate the OPPOSITE side of a issue in order to see if your own side can hold water, and/or to see if you can shoot holes in your own? Wouldn't that increase everyone's honesty around here?

MargoSolo

View Profile
Well guys & ladies..........
Posted : 29 Jan, 2011 12:55 PM

Good bye, Wiseguy. I didn't know you well but I enjoyed your prescence and input here. I wish you every happiness.

Page : 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12