Author Thread
MargoSolo

View Profile
Jesus in the Old Testament
Posted : 29 Jan, 2011 12:50 PM

Could Abraham have had such faith in God's promise that he believed Issac would have been resurrected? After all, God did promise him a son through whom there would be a great many people. This had to have been accomplished starting with Issac.

Thanks for sharing your notes, Godslamb. I'll post my notes from Bible study in a couple of days.

MargoSolo

View Profile
Is confidence the key?
Posted : 28 Jan, 2011 02:45 PM

Fine line but easy to spot!

MargoSolo

View Profile
Valentine Day Blues
Posted : 26 Jan, 2011 05:25 PM

Thanks River :laugh:

Now that I think about...

Did I say I was over it??? :boxing::laugh:

Hope you have many wonderful Valentines ahead of you, minus the boy's club!

:laugh:

MargoSolo

View Profile
Valentine Day Blues
Posted : 26 Jan, 2011 03:10 PM

One of my favorite valentines was in college, I guess the only guy I'd say I really "fell in love" with. I had his roomate give me a key to the apt. and I decorated it, and left a card and cake for him when he came home.

He loved it, and I loved the fact that I pulled it off... or so I thought.

A few weeks later, he hestiantly told me that his dumb friends came over before he came home and ate half the cake before he even saw it!!

:goofball:

Oh well, I couldn't believe it and thought they were idiots but I got over it.

MargoSolo

View Profile
Earliest memories
Posted : 24 Jan, 2011 09:18 PM

Ok, this is something I just wanted to share with everyone as I have reflected on it today. People ask me when it was that I made a decision for Christ. Typically my answer has been that it was around the age of 11 or 12 when I was in confirmation class, but when I rewind the years even earlier, I have one memory of my dad reading bible stories to us at night. One night he told me that Jesus died for me. The strangest thing was that in my little 6 year old brain, without really knowing much else, it made perfect sense. I remember thinking, "WELL, SOMEONE HAD TO".

Is that weird or what? (I mean weird in a good way). Can anyone related to something like this as a child?

MargoSolo

View Profile
Are there any Calvinistic girls out there?
Posted : 24 Jan, 2011 08:48 AM

This line of thinking is one that Christians of all theologies have fallen into, and it isn�t right. Paul talked about it when he described how grace is increased through Christ, but that people were taking it as an excuse to sin.

Romans 5:20 � 6:1

The law was brought in so that the trespass might increase. But where sin increased, grace increased all the more, 21 so that, just as sin reigned in death, so also grace might reign through righteousness to bring eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord. 1 What shall we say, then? Shall we go on sinning so that grace may increase? 2 By no means! We are those who have died to sin; how can we live in it any longer?

MargoSolo

View Profile
Answering PhillipJohn's Question about the Elect
Posted : 24 Jan, 2011 07:15 AM

Can God create a rock to big for Him to lift?

Can He forget our sins?

Can He limit Himself?

The only reasonable answer to this, I would say, is Yes - if He wanted to.

MargoSolo

View Profile
Are there any Calvinistic girls out there?
Posted : 24 Jan, 2011 06:52 AM

1689 Baptist -

I don't like the term Calvinist either, because it has the connotation of following a theologist. I prefer the term doctrines of grace, which refers to the five acronym TULIP. (Total Depravity, Unconditonal Election, Limited atonement, Irrestible grace, Perserverance of the saints).

As bcpianogirl mentioned, another term to refer to this is reformed theology, taken from the sixteenth century Protestant Reformation.

bcpiano � There are many who would consider themselves 4 point Calvinists, limited atonement being the most often objected.

MargoSolo

View Profile
Prayer
Posted : 23 Jan, 2011 05:20 PM

Cobbler, I loved that last C.S. Lewis quote. Christianity is NOT a comfortable religion. Anyone who believes we are meant for "blessings" on our own terms is believing a very sad lie.

MargoSolo

View Profile
Heard any good, clean, decent Christian jokes lately?
Posted : 23 Jan, 2011 03:57 PM

Husband and wife are getting ready to go out. The wife is standing in front of a full length mirror, and she's very upset.

"I'm fat, I'm getting wrinkles on my face, and I can't stand my gray hair!" she says

"hmmm, " says her husband, as he considers what she just said.

"Well, can't you say anything good about me?" she says.

"Well, hon," he says pensively, "your eyesight is pretty darn near perfect!"

Page : 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13