Author Thread
MargoSolo

View Profile
Resist the devil
Posted : 24 Feb, 2011 06:17 AM

Yes, the implication I meant was nothing to the effect that the devil is an extention of God's bidding evil, but nothing the devil is doing is taking God by surprise. In ways I believe we don't understand, God is and will use everything to His glory.

MargoSolo

View Profile
Resist the devil
Posted : 23 Feb, 2011 09:50 PM

Chevy,

What I was refuting was that Satan has free reign and running wild without any reign from God, not that God approves of sin and all of those horrible things! God is not the author of evil and sin but does and will ultimately prevail over it all. What I am trying to say is that God is omnipotent, and that Satan himself is subordinate and dependent upon God for any power or authority that he exercises, as shown in the story of Job and Peter.

We live in a fallen world. From the minute sin became man�s nature from the fall, everything is effected. Satan influences this world, but the wickedness of man brings about his own evil and hate. Satan is not the only source of evil. We have brought about our own consequences. Even the earth is effected by sin. It was perfect in the garden, but now there are natural disasters. Does God create them for evil or does He simply allow them as consequence? I believe it is consequence, but in His mysterious ways He will use even evil to His purpose.

God is still on His throne and will overcome all the evil to show His glory through the redemption of His people and judgment over Satan and unbelief.

MargoSolo

View Profile
Resist the devil
Posted : 23 Feb, 2011 07:43 PM

"By the way Margo Jesus prayed that Peter's faith would not fail he said nothing to Satan, Satan does what he does because he is Satan."

So what's your point? He didn't say anything to Satan because there wasn't anything to say. God already granted him to shift Peter as wheat.

In Luke 22:31-32, Jesus said to the disciple Peter: "Simon, Simon, Satan has asked to sift you as wheat."

The next sentence is " But I have prayed for you, Simon, that your faith may not fail."

This tells us that God allowed it!

Why did God allow this?

"And when you have turned back, strengthen your brothers."

So as to strengthen Peter, and for him to help his brothers! There was a purpose to this! However, isn't it wonderful that Jesus was praying for Peter, even though he went through this (allowed) trail and testing, just like He does for us!

"Margo i seriously would love to see you put Satan in his place when you believe he is God's puppet. You can not do it."

I AM putting Satan in his place because he is God's "puppet"! That's what I am saying - whatever evil is in this world I believe God is soveriegn to use to turn around for His glory!

Do you believe that God is greater than Satan, PJ?

MargoSolo

View Profile
Resist the devil
Posted : 23 Feb, 2011 07:10 PM

PJ, why is it hard for you to see that Satan cannot do anything outside of God's control? Do you think that because Satan has/had to ask permission that God is somehow "working with Satan" towards evil? On the contrary, it is good news to believers because that confirms that Satan is on a short leash, that God is in control.

Here's another verse that indicates the same thing;

Jesus said to the disciple Peter: "Simon, Simon, Satan has asked to sift you as wheat. But I have prayed for you, Simon, that your faith may not fail. And when you have turned back, strengthen your brothers." - Luke 22:31-32

We know that God allowed this, because we know how Peter denied Christ. But look at why...Jesus says "when you have turned back, strengthen your brothers." God's reason for allowing this was for Peter to help the other disciples since they were going to undergo the same thing.

God's will was to put Christ on the cross. He didn't create the evil that made that a necessity, but He ordained, allowed, and orchestrated the circumstances surrounding it.

MargoSolo

View Profile
Resist the devil
Posted : 22 Feb, 2011 08:53 PM

Sodom and Gomorrah, for instance. From man's perspective, it was bad news - And it came directly from fire from heaven! One could call it evil. But it was ultimately good because it was an expression of God's judgment upon their wickedness. God would not be holy and righteous - and good - if He allowed sin.

Additionally, we know from the story of Job that Satan had to ask God's permission to attack Job. (Job 1:12). According to this, even when there is a direct attack from Satan, he can't do anything without God's permission. Nothing evil in this world goes unseen by God, or undirected according to His ultimate good... and being His children, we are thankful that His nature is always good. We just don't see the big picture.

MargoSolo

View Profile
Everything Short of Hell, is Mercy...............!!
Posted : 22 Feb, 2011 07:48 PM

You're right, Two

Sorry~

PJ, what do you mean?

MargoSolo

View Profile
Posted : 22 Feb, 2011 03:25 PM

There may be a question in your mind, but not in mine.

MargoSolo

View Profile
Posted : 22 Feb, 2011 01:02 PM

Yes. And the truth is my God is on His throne!

MargoSolo

View Profile
Posted : 22 Feb, 2011 12:08 PM

I'm sorry PJ. That is a lie. Whatever happens to any one of us is because God has allowed and/or ordained it.

MargoSolo

View Profile
Posted : 21 Feb, 2011 07:19 PM

Chevy,

Even when there is suffering from evil, you have the hope of God's deliverance and His comfort and strength to see you through. You know as a child of God that He means it for a greater good for you and for His name to be glorified.

James 1:2-4 ~ Consider it pure joy, my brothers, whenever you face trials of many kinds, 3 because you know that the testing of your faith develops perseverance. 4 Perseverance must finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything.

Page : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10