Author Thread
SilverFire

View Profile
astrology
Posted : 1 Jan, 2011 02:28 PM

Uhm, guys? I think she was asking a question about astrology, not advocating using it. There is a subtle difference, you know.

Astrology started (in my opinion) from a solid source -- from the observation of similarities between people born in the same time of year. Then, it built on that a lot of metaphysical hogwash. Using the stars for guidance for what you should do is silly and opens the doors to demons.

SilverFire

View Profile
How important is it for you to...
Posted : 1 Jan, 2011 02:22 PM

Well, ideally, I'd like to get along with and respect my future in-laws. If that's not possible because they have a horrible relationship with my fiancee`, then I'll start from there as my attitude and gently, over the years, work on reconciliation, if possible. If that's not possible, then I will make sure they are not in our life at all. Having a great relationship with the girls' family is not a dealbreaker; it's just a nice to have.

SilverFire

View Profile
This question is for those of you who dislike drama.
Posted : 1 Jan, 2011 02:17 PM

I think we have a male-female translation problem here, so let me decode the manspeak for you.

----Bzztt.----

When a guy says "drama" he means "turning something little into something big out of a desire for attention". There is no "good" or "little" aspect to drama. Drama is a way of life. It's either there or not. If she has a bad day, that's not drama. If something truly tragic happens and she's out of sorts for a while, that's not drama. Drama is only and always selfish, self-centered, childish behavior.

-----Bbbzzzt.----

You can now resume your normal female mode of thinking. This has been a transmission by the Male-Female Emergency Communication broadcast.

SilverFire

View Profile
Dating Dollars
Posted : 1 Jan, 2011 02:08 PM

I expect to pay about $40-$50, and this is for Southeastern US. I expect that in bigger cities, you're looking at just shy of $100. I used to be incensed that women expected men to pay, but if I choose my dates wisely (and infrequently), it's not too bad of a hit.

SilverFire

View Profile
Women and Bikinis on a Christian dating site
Posted : 29 Dec, 2010 07:10 PM

I don't see how the woman is RIGHT. Look at her response. She is judgmental, hateful, obnoxious, and unloving -- completely out of proportion. In nothing she said or did does she consider that she is laying a stumbling block for her brothers. That's what important here, or have we forgotten? "Food for the stomach, and the stomach for food -- yes, but God will destroy them both." Just because you have the freedom to post pics of yourself in a revealing pose doesn't mean that you SHOULD. Someone who doesn't exercise discretion should be shunned.

SilverFire

View Profile
Big ceremony vs Small ceremony vs Just eloping
Posted : 29 Dec, 2010 06:55 PM

I'd like a small ceremony. Something simple yet charming, beautiful but not ornate, something where the vows don't get lost in gaudy materialism.

SilverFire

View Profile
The "Spark"
Posted : 28 Dec, 2010 05:38 PM

I think others have nailed it. The first time you meet someone, make it not a date. Make it meeting. Do something you both like doing; talk; get to know one another. When it's over, you can review and see if you want to see each other again.

All real feelings take time. I remember when I started to suspect that there was some hope for a relationship between myself and a girl in high school -- we hung out a lot and one day it just felt like there was electricity in the air. That didn't happen the first time we met and we didn't even have a first date until a few weeks after that; the feelings grew and grew inside of me until I had to ask her out.

SilverFire

View Profile
Why do you disappear?
Posted : 28 Dec, 2010 05:24 PM

Sometimes you just have tried everything you can try and there's no hope in continuing. You just don't have the willpower to type out one more message. Men can reach this state after trying really hard and not feeling like there's a connection.

SilverFire

View Profile
A mans perspective of attractive
Posted : 28 Dec, 2010 05:20 PM

Style, carriage, hair, eyes, overall shape, voice, personality -- in the order I notice them. A lot of things strike me as attractive.

SilverFire

View Profile
What are your thoughts on Exorcisms?
Posted : 21 Dec, 2010 06:27 PM

Yes they are real and legitimate from a Scriptural perspective. Christ gave us power over demons, and demons still do possess people today. I've known people who could see demons, and I've felt their activity. I knew a guy who by his own admission was possessed.

Page : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10