Author Thread
NRSV1953

View Profile
Men Over 50
Posted : 20 Feb, 2012 03:12 PM

Thank you so much Steve! There is much wisdom in what you say. I'm finding it a little difficult to keep my heart open as most of the emails I receive appear to be from scammers. Being an optimist though, I'm going to keep trying and hope to at least make a few friends along the way. Blessings to you!

NRSV1953

View Profile
hi everyone
Posted : 20 Feb, 2012 08:44 AM

Grandfather born in Scotland! Does that count?:laugh:

NRSV1953

View Profile
Dating When We Are Over 50
Posted : 20 Feb, 2012 08:43 AM

Mmag, So, if the men here won't respond to us, let's keep each other company. Perhaps, by doing that, truly Christian men will see how we support & care for each other and will join the discussion. And, let's face it, it's a lot less awkward than that first email! ~Blessings~

NRSV1953

View Profile
not whinnin' just blue
Posted : 20 Feb, 2012 07:58 AM

Debby,

I for sure know the feeling! Life can get all of us down at times. That's exactly when we have to reach deep inside and ask God to hold us in loving arms and guide us. I hope by now things are improving for you. I also face some of your stated struggles and pray everyday for God to help me love my life even though, at present, I'm not where I want to be.

Hang in there and continue to reach out to others, both as a blessing and to be blessed!

NRSV1953

View Profile
Men Over 50
Posted : 20 Feb, 2012 07:37 AM

I'm so curious! Are there actually any men over 50 on this website? If so, have you had a good experience here? Please give us older ladies some advice on how to get some good communication going with y'all. Blessings & thanks for all input!

NRSV1953

View Profile
Only reason given in the New Testament to get married
Posted : 20 Feb, 2012 06:41 AM

Watchful, I am confused as to how you "used" women for communication? Or am I missing the boat here? Do you mean you led women on, making them think you wanted a permanent relationship when you weren't ready?

How can we know if we want any type of relationship unless we first communicate with each other?

NRSV1953

View Profile
church government?
Posted : 20 Feb, 2012 06:24 AM

Oops! I inadvertently responded under the "Ask a Guy" forum. Mea culpa! I'll be more careful next time!

NRSV1953

View Profile
Posted : 20 Feb, 2012 06:22 AM

Administrator:

Please consider adding a Forum just for those over 50 who are trying to date again. We could encourage each other and share our unique experiences as older adults. Thanks!

~IHN~~NRSV1953

NRSV1953

View Profile
Posted : 20 Feb, 2012 06:19 AM

Hey Purple! (love the name - it's my favorite color!)

Thanks for responding. I learned, while on Christian Mingle, that I may not meet any men, but I made a good female friend. So, while I'm no longer active on that site, God blessed me with another kindred spirit to laugh with, cry with, pray with and keep cyber company at least. And isn't that what life is all about? Making loving connections with people who encourage us and we them?

CDFF needs to add a Forum for those over 50. That way we could at least have some discussion amongst ourselves whilst we wait for that elusive man to ride forward on his white horse!:ROFL::ROFL:

So, let's keep some discussion going on here. I'll look for y'alls postings here & elsewhere and chime in as appropriate. We can make Christian Dating for Free something for us too!

NRSV1953

View Profile
Farewell!
Posted : 20 Feb, 2012 06:08 AM

Geez! Sorry to see you go. May God richly bless you! ~~ Paige

Page : 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42