Author Thread
NRSV1953

View Profile
Kinda lost here, can anyone help?
Posted : 19 Feb, 2012 02:24 PM

Just like in the 3-D world, character is how you act when you think no one is watching.

I want to receive a response, even if it's not the response I want. Therefore, I respond to all messages as, to me, this is the only Christian thing to do. Others standards are perhaps not as high.

NRSV1953

View Profile
church government?
Posted : 19 Feb, 2012 02:14 PM

In my experience, I prefer a church led by a democratically elected group of people, Elders perhaps, with the support of the Pastor, although I agree that the Bible isn't specific about the form of government.

This way, no man or woman becomes a "God-like" figure as we all fall short of the mark set by Christ. Hopefully, guided by those who prayerfully consider the important issues, we stay true to what God really wants of us - "to do justice, love kindness and walk humbly with your God." Micah 6:8

NRSV1953

View Profile
Dating When We Are Over 50
Posted : 19 Feb, 2012 01:38 PM

Tuckygirl, unfortunately I am finding the same thing. To be fair to men, if they really want a younger, flashier woman that's OK by me. Personally I don't want to date a man too much younger than me.

I have encountered many scammers and a few rude men whose huge egos didn't show through what they wrote in their profiles. But, I've also been turned down by a couple of genuine gentlemen who at least had the common courtesy and Christian care to respond kindly to my "inquiry."

So, do we keep at this seemingly futile venture, knowing that there are at least a few genuine articles on here? Or do we stop trying because they are so few and far between?

Somehow, I don't think this is what God envisioned for us.

NRSV1953

View Profile
Posted : 19 Feb, 2012 11:00 AM

Kay, I tried to send you a private email, but, because I take an occasional drink, it won't let me contact you. If you're interested in discussing this further, please add me to your "Favorites" & send me a note. Thanks and Blessings~~NRSV1953

NRSV1953

View Profile
Posted : 18 Feb, 2012 08:01 PM

Thanks for the warning Flowers! Yes, I have gotten pretty skilled at weeding out the chaff from the wheat but we can't be warned too many times, now can we! I so appreciate the heads up and wish you blessings on your search!

NRSV1953

View Profile
Posted : 18 Feb, 2012 03:33 PM

Yes, Cobbler, silly me asking for a response from anyone who has met a special someone on here! Still, I would like to hear of other's experiences, positive or negative, and honesty would be so appreciated! Blessings!

NRSV1953

View Profile
Posted : 18 Feb, 2012 02:43 PM

Has anyone aged 50 or over, male or female, had a good experience finding either friends, dates or a healthy relationship on this website?

NRSV1953

View Profile
Hello from Ukraine!
Posted : 9 Nov, 2010 06:47 AM

Hello from the US! I have a good friend in Kiev. She is 29 and lived with me for a short while when she was a teenager. My daughter also went to live with her in Ukraine. Welcome to the site and may God help you find your heart's desire! P

NRSV1953

View Profile
In the name of Jesus Christ, may you all be blessed.
Posted : 2 Nov, 2010 03:45 PM

Dan21 - I really tried to follow what you said after my post, but, I'm sorry, I cannot decipher the exact meaning of your words. Am I too obtuse?

NRSV1953

View Profile
How many people think this looks like alycorn25 ?
Posted : 28 Oct, 2010 08:37 AM

Twosparrows - you, sir, have one "wicked" sense of humor!

Page : 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42