Author Thread
Gourd00

View Profile
Christian Nudism
Posted : 18 Feb, 2011 03:42 PM

" *** I believe it is Covering for the Sin�but some persons believe Adam & Eve where Cold & needed Work Clothes� ;-)�"

If it was covering for the sin, then that means you believe Christian nudism is okay right? Because Jesus died and paid the price for our sins already.

Gourd00

View Profile
Background Checks...
Posted : 17 Feb, 2011 11:12 AM

I'm fine with background checks. Just because someone has committed crimes in their past and you have the record of it doesn't mean that person hasn't changed today. It also doesn't mean they have to deny the person a pastorship just because that person had a past. It's called using one's best judgment and praying and getting to know the person before choosing to hire them as a pastor. And then if even after all that something goes wrong, you can deal with it then. God doesn't count our sins against us any more after we have repented; why should we hold sins against our brothers and sisters?

Gourd00

View Profile
Should women be ordained pastors?
Posted : 17 Feb, 2011 11:06 AM

I think women are every bit as capable of leading as men are, and people don't even bother to look at what practical sense would imply. The Bible says that in Christ there is neither male nor female (Galatians 3:28), and Genesis even said that part of the curse that befell women was "...Your desire will be for your husband, and he will rule over you." (Genesis 3:16). But Christ died so that we didn't have to live under the curse any more; he came to redeem us from the fall. There is no reason women can't lead. And if you look up that word "help mate" or "helper" used to describe Eve's role, no where is it indicated that it is a submissive role. The particular word is actually used much more in reference to God (check it out for yourself), and God is certainly not submissive to man.

As for Paul, my opinion is that he was speaking from a cultural standpoint. Paul wasn't perfect; he was a man, just like men of today, who was trying to make an impact for God. But instead of looking at his letter as a letter from a person/overseer/sent one who was writing a letter to a particular church and doing the best he could with the understanding he had, we have chosen to hold him up as infallible, like many people do the pope.

You want proof he made error? Read Acts 23:2-5. Paul didn't like getting smacked so he said a mean comment back. It wasn't God, otherwise he would have had no reason to repent. And Peter is no different, read Galatians 2:11-14. These people aren't Jesus. They were human beings just like us who were imperfect but who either had known Jesus and had time to learn a bit about him, or simply were told by God to go and preach the good news. Just like the rest of us have been called to share the good news.

And as for the "All Scripture is God-breathed," there was no official New Testament back then. They only had the Old Testament that was considered as Scripture.

Gourd00

View Profile
Christian Nudism
Posted : 17 Feb, 2011 10:34 AM

God made coverings for Adam and Eve out of animal hide, but does it say why? Is there a command in Genesis that went with it?

Gourd00

View Profile
Unconditional Parenting, by Alfie Kohn
Posted : 15 Feb, 2011 03:39 PM

Unconditional Parenting, by Alfie Kohn, focuses on loving kids regardless of whether they do wrong or right.

Alfie also has a decent amount of other books that I thought had a lot of interesting and worthwhile information in them, including the topics of the negative side of competition, allowing children to have more control over what they learn in schools, and whether homework and standardized tests are useful.

And even though he isn't a Christian, he seems to have a lot more practical knowledge in loving than a lot of Christians I've met have.

Gourd00

View Profile
Christian Nudism
Posted : 15 Feb, 2011 03:34 PM

Can a Christian be a nudist as well? Yay or nay?

Gourd00

View Profile
What r the bigest turn offs you have seen on a womans profile?
Posted : 15 Feb, 2011 03:29 PM

I'm not looking right now, but if I was:

* Them marking that they drink socially (because I have no interest in marrying a regular drinker).

* Seductive looking profile pics (intended cleavage shots, the fake sexy pout face, bra and miniskirt pics)

* Being a smoker

* Acting super-churchy (I love Jesus every other sentence. Obsessed with obedience to God and trying to be perfect [even though Jesus already walked the walk that declared us holy].)

* Having an incredibly long list of what they want in a man, especially when it looks like they are looking for perfection. No man is perfect, just like no woman is perfect.

* No pic or no profile information. If all a woman does is leave a little emoticon for her "info," I have no interest in getting to know her. If she doesn't think it's worth it to put forth the effort to try to find generally the category of guy she wants, then that tells me she either isn't that interested or isn't confident in herself. Either way, blank profiles get little interest.

Gourd00

View Profile
this will really start discussion!
Posted : 15 Feb, 2011 03:15 PM

Imo, I think it's just a stereotype that doesn't need to exist. Some women are quiet, some love to talk a lot. Some men are quiet, some like to talk a lot. I don't think there is much difference in the span of what makes a woman or what makes a man outside of anatomical differences. They are both capable of vast and varied things.

Gourd00

View Profile
Gentleman: Explain this "Men" thing to me
Posted : 4 Jul, 2009 07:03 AM

if he dropped u like a fly, maybe u revealed during your talk with him a "deal-breaker," and so he couldn't go further with the relationship (if he dropped you). It only takes one to halt a person's efforts.

Or maybe he is thinking the distance will be too much for him, I couldn't answer for you. But honestly, if he's that into you, he'd make things work. A good woman, especially "thee" woman, isnt something to pass up.

Gourd00

View Profile
getting to know someone?
Posted : 21 Jun, 2009 05:52 AM

I think slower is better, but if you start to think a guy is going to be more along the lines of staying a friend to you than for you to want to have him as a spouse, it would be good for you to tell him that if you plan on continue talking to him. People are on here to look for a mate, and there is no point in spending countless hours talking to some people if it isnt going to go anywhere. We can only be good friends with so many people before 24 hours is gone in a day.

But in general, don't be afraid to go slow. Marriage will last you 50 years or more, it's not something you want to rush. And yes, some guys on here arent christian at all, and will try to rush you, or ask you to do things that are disgusting, but most places have their wolves in sheep's clothing, so don't be surprised. The great thing about online, is how much control you can have over how fast things go.

Page : 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16