Author Thread
Gourd00

View Profile
Question/ask a guy
Posted : 3 Feb, 2009 10:51 AM

An easy answer- he doesnt want any more kids. He very well could have his hands full with the kids he does have, so its entirely legitimate to not want any more.

And as for people not being interested in others who already have kids from a previous marriage, well, maybe they dont want to deal with the whole ex clogging up the matters any, or have to worry about the disciplining someone else's kid issue, or maybe they only want one or two kids period, and if the other person already has two, it forfeits their ability to know that they had their own.

Or if they're like me, they dont want any kids at all, and so they would be highly less interested in someone who did have kids, because thats a HUGE impact on family life.

Gourd00

View Profile
Is it really possible?
Posted : 11 Jan, 2009 01:18 PM

To every utencil there is good and bad. We have guns, and they improved hunting and made our lives easier in the beginning, but man also chose to use it for killing. We have forks that we use to eat our dinner, but i guarantee someone has stabbed someone with one or used it for other devious acts. Internet dating is the same. Its place for people to communicate online, it isnt good or bad, its neutral. Its who uses it and how they use it that makes the difference, and so i would say that its entirely possible to meet and marry someone online.

And to be honest, especially for people that live out in the middle of nowhere, its a hundred times more probable to find "the one" online than it is going to the local church that only has 17 people in it, 15 of whom are elderly. Before, God would have to hook people up by physically meeting them together somewhere, and that could take a lot of money and setting up appointments and stuff like that. Now all he has to do is get them on the same internet site and have them notice each other's profiles. A lot less complicated.

Gourd00

View Profile
favorites
Posted : 11 Jan, 2009 01:11 PM

like someone said, it may be that he was picking out the ones he liked to keep a tab on them so he could contact them later. It could also be that hes been on too many paying dating sites and just figured that this one was no different for some reason, and so added u to favorites to show his interest in u so that u would message him, because he thought he couldnt message u.

It could also be that hes just weird or scared or shy.

Gourd00

View Profile
good husband????
Posted : 11 Jan, 2009 01:07 PM

Besides basic compromise, which should happen in all marriages, and besides learning a woman's likes and dislikes and doing things to show a wife that she is loved, i dont think a guy should have to change for his wife at all. If he is following God, he will already be changing and growing like God wants him, so it wont matter simply that a female came into the picture. I dont expect a girl to bend over backwards for me, i expect it to be an even relationship where we both compromise when we have to.

If u were talking about "little acts of romance," some of it would depend on what she liked. I would try to do that, as well as creative things that came to my mind. Flower petals lying around seem to be in the media, massages, breakfast in bed, doing chores like the dishes for her or something. But really, a lot of it will depend on what kind of girl she is. She may even be a kind of girl that doesnt like a lot of the traditional mushy gushy stuff, and maybe she wants to white water rafting or watch sports on tv. Though i think id probably attract a more traditional kinda girl myself. heh.

Gourd00

View Profile
What do you prefer...
Posted : 11 Jan, 2009 12:58 PM

i dont like uber long hair on girls almost at all. And the only time ive ever really thought it looked good was when it was styled in an up-do, where it was all wrapped around, or was braided a bunch of different ways or something. I think much of the problem comes in the fact that it takes so much to maintainence if its going to look attractive. Its so easy for really long hair to look frizzled and damaged and meh. I tend to prefer shoulder-length or near there, though there are girls who can pull off going with bobs or shorter, but i think they are more of a rarity.

Gourd00

View Profile
Making the first move..
Posted : 30 Dec, 2008 06:08 AM

Personally i would advise really getting to know a person as a friend and trying to see if they have the beliefs and stuff u want that way first, to save yourself some heartbreak. But if the important issues are covered, and they really seem to enjoy spending time with you, then i dont see anything wrong with saying "hey, would u like to go to *insert place name* sometime? We could hang out." Some sort of restaurant, or casual activity, or fair or something. I would refrain from saying "lets go steady" until u guys have been on a lot of dates together and its pretty much already set, but guys LIKE to know when a girl is interested in them (if they are interested in the girl) because it takes weight off our shoulders from guessing.

Gourd00

View Profile
It's friday, and lets face it, i'm bored out of my mind.
Posted : 15 Dec, 2008 04:39 PM

So they dont feel totally neglected on a message board that is rather neglected >.>

Gourd00

View Profile
A lot of strange behavior by men on dating sites, Christian dating sites at that.
Posted : 11 Dec, 2008 10:32 AM

i think i agree with most of the what the first guy replied with. I would add though that not every guy on here is a christian, even if they claim to be. Some are just as much "players" as any other player out would be. Its not the sites fault, u get a few bad ones in most places, but it doesnt mean this site isnt useful or that christian guys dont come on here. I would think it an impossibility that they didnt. I live in a somewhat populated region, i cant imagine how slim the pickins' would be in the breadbasket states, heheh.

Gourd00

View Profile
Why are men intimidated?
Posted : 11 Dec, 2008 10:09 AM

there are a lot of different guys out there, and each have their different personalities that they will be attracted to and not attracted to, so i wouldnt just say "i scare away guys." Unless ur doing something sinful, then if ur normal personality has been scaring away guys, u may just be scaring away the ones that wouldnt have been good marriage material anyway.

As for what would scare me away, im not fond of the domineering type, the one that likes to make all the decisions and is very aggressive. The kind of girl that would slug u on the shoulder as part of her 'fun.' But my personality is more calm and not very confrontive, so its simply that im looking for more of what i am like.

It might also turn me off a bit if a girl was wearing one of those expensive business suits, but again, for some other guy, that might melt him into pieces.

Gourd00

View Profile
Why is it so hard to find a good Christian to chat with on this site
Posted : 11 Dec, 2008 10:00 AM

If uve looked around a few other of the christian dating sites, or at least at some of the more popular dating sites overall, u'll know that this site isnt as highly visited as others. This alone can mean a lot of these people joined like 6 months ago and their profiles are just lingering around. A lot of people will leave after a couple weeks and never come back.

And even if u did wink people who u thought were attractive, ill be blunt, its sometimes easier to simply avoid a wink from someone ur not attracted to than it is to reply and say u arent interested.

So yea, with not many active people on here, plus some that may be on simply not being attracted to u, that means u wont get many replies from winks. A good indicator, i would think, would be these forums. U can tell just by looking at them that the place is fairly dead, as a lot of the topics will have like 10 or less responses.

But hey, im all for this site. Its actually a half-way decent dating site, and its free. Eventually more people will find it, heh.

Page : 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16