Author Thread
IaoKim

View Profile
Five Things I Wish Everyone Knew (Variation). . .
Posted : 12 Apr, 2011 02:15 PM

Inspired by Cattywampus' topic where everyone listed 5 things they wished everyone knew about themselves.

In this topic you list five things you wish everyone knew (not about yourself).

For example.

Five things I wish everyone knew . . .

1. Han shot first.

2. Spiders are not insects (this comes from a long time Scattergories debate with my sister lol).

3. America was intended to be a Constitutional Republic not a Democracy.

4. The song "Puff the Magic Dragon" is not about marijuana, but about childhood innocence lost.

5. Jesus is Lord (No one else is allowed to use this one . . . its obvious and its mine :=P).

IaoKim

View Profile
Why baby/child in picture
Posted : 12 Apr, 2011 02:02 PM

I have lots of pictures of me and my nephew as a baby during all the times I was feeding or playing with him (he is now 4).

The "awwww" effect that babies have on girls has not gone unnoticed to me. It certainly is an effective means of getting a girl's attention. But is it ethical for guys to use the babies in their lives just to pick up chicks? At what point does persuasion become manipulation? Are guys with baby pictures becoming like the Sophists-- seeking to persuade their audience at all cost!? What good is it for a guy to persuade a woman, yet for him to lose his own soul in the process!?

Something to think about . . . haha :rolleyes:

IaoKim

View Profile
What misconceptions do people have about you?
Posted : 12 Apr, 2011 01:48 PM

According to some people I can come off as a control freak or a "know-it-all" . . . at least that's what one of my ex's thought about me (did not meet her here) :rolleyes:

For the record . . . I am pretty laid back when it comes to non-serious issues. The little things are just not worth getting all worked up over. I do believe it is the husband's role in a marriage relationship to be the leader and that the wife has a separate but equally important role. It is not my desire to control anyone, I would want to marry a Christian woman who was willing to submit in a marriage relationship as I submit myself to her as a servant-leader and we both submit ourselves unto God.

And I am far from a know-it-all because only God knows it all!

Knowing that I am far from perfect, if I ever do come off that way or have other issues please feel free to keep me accountable here on the forums. :)

IaoKim

View Profile
Perks of being single?
Posted : 12 Apr, 2011 01:27 PM

1. No relationship drama.

2. What me and my friends call "The Man Zone" :rocknroll:

IaoKim

View Profile
Friday nights
Posted : 12 Apr, 2011 01:23 PM

Studying for law school. Possibly looking out of the window watching the pool and hot tub right outside my apartment being build-- daydreaming of what could be . . . haha

IaoKim

View Profile
Random Question-Gas Prices-How Low Was It?
Posted : 10 Apr, 2011 11:53 AM

I remember when I was in high school when gas prices still under 2 dollars a gallon. At least we are not in Europe where the gas prices are way up around 8 dollars a gallon.

In all actuality gas prices have been historically low when you take into account adjustments for inflation-- that .89 for a gallon used to be worth a lot more than it is now.

IaoKim

View Profile
Back by unpopular demand...the ?? OR ??..Game
Posted : 9 Apr, 2011 06:32 PM

Sugar

The Spinning Topps or Marvin Berry And The Starlighters?

IaoKim

View Profile
classes
Posted : 9 Apr, 2011 05:15 PM

pixy,

Haha, yeah I've heard the same thing about that class . . . lucky for me I am pretty used to complicated with two years of law school under my belt. Now if you want complicated try sitting in on my taxation of business class :rolleyes:

I'm looking forward to Entertainment Law . . . no four hour final worth 100% of your grade . . . just a thirty page paper. :peace:

I was pre-law as well with a speech communications minor and sometimes I wish I would have gone computer science so I could have some nice cushy home IT business where I could wear shorts, flip-flops, and Hawaiian t-shirts to "work" every day. Sigh haha

IaoKim

View Profile
Local vs. Distance?
Posted : 9 Apr, 2011 05:04 PM

yeah I noticed that typo . . . I figured it wasn't worth correcting since most people probably knew what I was trying to say anyway.

For some reason I have this thing where my mind thinks one word, but then my fingers type a completely different and random word :rolleyes: lol

IaoKim

View Profile
classes
Posted : 8 Apr, 2011 07:29 PM

I'm excited to say that on Monday I'll be registering for my fall classes for my last year of law school . . . God is good!

I'll be taking . . .

1. Wills, Trusts, and Estates

2. Lawyering Skills IV (basic trial advocacy)

3. State and Local Government

4. Entertainment Law

Page : 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15