Author Thread
IaoKim

View Profile
Would you date a man who...
Posted : 30 May, 2011 08:25 AM

No, no I would not date a man . . . haha

If it were a woman who had kids, I would be hesitant to date them. If she was previously married and had her kids within that relationship but divorced due to infidelity on the part of her husband then I would consider a relationship with her but I would be far more reluctant.

If she had her children out of wedlock then I would most certainly not want to date her unless she had not been a Christian and now she is born again having completely changed her ways. Even then I would be very hesitant and would only date such a woman if I felt God leading me to that person.

So generally no, but with a few narrow and proper exceptions.

IaoKim

View Profile
Practically speaking...
Posted : 29 May, 2011 01:36 PM

Haha well unfortunately . . . rapid aging is currently not one of my amazing super powers! :rolleyes:

IaoKim

View Profile
Educating your Future Children: Public, Private, or Home?
Posted : 28 May, 2011 07:17 PM

Ideally which method or combination thereof of primary education would you use to educate your future children? Why?

Even if the other two options are not preferred choices, do you think they are legitimate alternatives from a Biblical perspective?

I'll probably post my own thoughts on this topic later when I have more time, but right now I would like to hear what y'all have to say! :peace:

IaoKim

View Profile
Guys in the Friend Zone
Posted : 28 May, 2011 07:11 PM

True story . . .

I think the "Friend Zone" is the effect not the cause. Guys get into the friend zone because they do all the things that the OP says not to do! They justify their inability to be a man and stand up for themselves by insisting it is not their fault and that it is the girl's fault for just putting him in the friend zone!

The Friend Zone is not permanent, guys can get out of it if they grow a back bone and make their moves. Even if the girl still ultimately rejects him at the very least he can move on and stop wasting his time with a girl that is probably just using him!

IaoKim

View Profile
Practically speaking...
Posted : 28 May, 2011 07:03 PM

I've always believed that a man, as head of the household, must be prepared to provide for himself and his family without his wife having to work outside the home. I believe the wife's role is critically important and difficult enough without the added burden of another full time job. This is something that would definitely be discussed before marriage so the both of us are on the same page!

Of course if my wife had or desired a career outside the home that is probably something we would both have to discuss and resolve in a way that is honoring to God because I would love my wife as my own flesh and would want the best for her and for my future family.

The most important role parent's have is raising and instructing their children to honor God and live as He would have them to live so that they may have a saving knowledge of Jesus and come to know him. With the husband as the one who brings home the bacon, the wife primarily raises the children. In no one does this mean that all the husband has to do is work, come home and watch the game while his wife does all the house work and child raising.

I believe with the learning softwares and proper educational materials home schooling kids is the best way to educate children and instructing them in righteousness (provided that you find other avenues for them to socialize with other kids through church, neighbors, leagues, etc.). There is no way I would want my kids in public school where they are taught from a secular humanistic worldview where man is the center of all things. I want my kids to be taught that Jesus is Lord and that our first duties are to God.

There will be no one I trust more as the primary educator of my future children than my future wife. I would want her to share that same passion that I do for raising our kids to honor God instead of shipping our kids off to public school etc to have strangers fill their heads with lies!.

While I would be the head of the household, we would both submit ourselves unto God and love and submit ourselves one to another. We will be two becoming one flesh and one flesh naturally has one head, two would be rather freaky! Still the head is nothing without the body, so is the church without Christ as the head!

Hopefully I didn't ramble on too much, pretty tired after a long day! haha :)

IaoKim

View Profile
When love finds you
Posted : 23 May, 2011 08:54 PM

Very true story :)

IaoKim

View Profile
just for fun!!!!!!!
Posted : 23 May, 2011 07:21 PM

Never drank a drop of alcohol and I don't plan to start so this is an easy one!

IaoKim

View Profile
When love finds you
Posted : 23 May, 2011 07:17 PM

If love is blind, it is a miracle it finds anyone! :laugh:

IaoKim

View Profile
What's eating HolyGhostGirl
Posted : 19 May, 2011 10:51 AM

I think Tulip did a great job summarizing a lot of the economic issues with President Obama.

We should not forget that Obama also supports the murdering of unborn babies at the mere whim of the "mother" including providing our taxpayer dollars to organizations that perform those procedures -- absolutely unforgivable!

Also he supports perverting God's scared institution of marriage through legalizing homosexual marriage.

Today he stabbed our ally Israel in the back by coming out in support of the terrorists in "Palestine."

I could list many more instances but I think I have made my point. Biblically I don't see how any true Christian can support a politician with views such as Obama and not compromise the worldview by which they claim to live.

IaoKim

View Profile
How do you Define Dating and How do you Evaluate your Potential Partners?
Posted : 15 May, 2011 04:59 PM

Haha thanks . . . Makes me remember that quote from Legally Blonde: "I feel comfortable using legal jargon in every day life " :rolleyes:

Page : 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11