Author Thread
IaoKim

View Profile
Red Flags
Posted : 26 Apr, 2011 03:43 PM

They say women are like spaghetti and men are like waffles . . . now that analogy is out there I am really glad I have always loved spaghetti and hated waffles. :laugh:

Makes me feel sorry for the guys who love waffles but hates spaghetti . . . :laugh:

IaoKim

View Profile
CDFF--- Educational?
Posted : 26 Apr, 2011 03:35 PM

Maybe she is being more literally, maybe she can actually read people's emotions! Maybe if she works to improve her mental powers, she can become telepathic and actually read people's thoughts instead of just their emotions!

It would be funny to see a guy go on a date with a girl who is telepathic . . . he would not be able to get away with anything! :rolleyes:

IaoKim

View Profile
Hard to get.
Posted : 26 Apr, 2011 03:27 PM

To answer your first question, I would definitely not become more interested or attracted to a girl if she acted uninterested. I don't like to play mind games. If a girl is interested then she should act interested. If a girl views my profile but doesn't send a message or at least a wink, then I take it as a sign saying "not interested."

If a girl views my profile, but messages with me a one sentence message or something to the effect of "hi, how are you?" then I take it as a sign of laziness or disinterest on her part. At the very least a girl could write a few sentences or a few short paragraphs about why she is interested or what caught her attention in my profile . . . anything to get a decent conversation going.

Even if I get one of these short messages I will usually try to get a good conversation going, but if she still writes short, disinterested messages then I will politely tell her I don't think we would be a good match.

If a girl "winks" but does not send me a message I take it as a sign that she is interested, but is more traditional and wants to be pursued by letting me send the first message. I actually prefer a "wink" over a short disinterested message especially if the girl has a fairly filled out profile that allows me to get idea of her personality.

To answer your second question, if I feel like I have to constantly impress her just to maintain her interest then I will politely tell her I am not interested. I do not think there is anything wrong with a girl wanting to be pursued or have a guy be romantic to win her affections. I actually think this is a good thing. What I don't like is constantly having to "battle" her disinterest to the extent I cannot show any weakness or imperfection at all. No one is perfect, everyone has personality their own failings and personality quirks but a relationship is about choosing to love another unconditionally. As the Bible says in I Corinthians, charity (love) does not vaunt itself, it is not "puffed up" meaning love is not prideful. It does not have to boast, impress, or pump itself up. If I feel that I have to do that to show my interest or "love" for someone in a relationship then that is not the kind of relationship I want to be in "until death do I part". I want to be able to lower my guard around my partner and be able to rely on her for support when I need it as opposed to me constantly having to keep my "shields up." I want to be able to love someone for who they are in Christ and for them to love me in the same way.

Like I said earlier I don't mind pursuing a girl or having to "win" her over as long as things stay fun, light, and playful. These things definitely depend on the context and how things are being treated. For instance, if a girl constantly flirts with another guys when I am around for the sake of trying to make me "jealous" then that definitely crosses the line.

IaoKim

View Profile
Does Anyone Listen to Hymns Anymore?
Posted : 24 Apr, 2011 06:15 PM

Forgive some of the typos . . . I have this tendency to say one thing in my mind and then type a completely different word than the one I intended. . . I usually check before I post, but I was negligent this time. :angel:

IaoKim

View Profile
Does Anyone Listen to Hymns Anymore?
Posted : 24 Apr, 2011 06:11 PM

Being Easter Sunday, I visited a close friend of mine at another church. I was pretty disappointed in the worship -- like 90% of the people in the pews weren't even lip syncing. I've noticed that participation in worship tends to be lower on average with contemporary worship than in those churches that do more traditional forms of music. Don't get me wrong, I like contemporary worship music, but for me nothing beats some of those awesome hymns of the faith.

Before anyway gets the wrong idea, I know I am being pretty general when I saw these things. I have been to churches with contemporary worship with great participation and traditional churches with bad participation but the trend I have noticed personally tends to favor those traditional churches. I have nothing against contemporary worship just the apathy I sometimes see associated with it. :)

I grew up listening to a bunch of those hymns packed with powerful words of truth with minimal musical instruments as distractions. It has been a long while since I have attended a Church that sang hymns on a regular basis, but I can still remember singing those hymns like it was yesterday. I don't know about you, but some of these contemporary worship songs these days I can't even remember five minutes after there over!

It seems to me that nowadays with all the lights, computers, soundboards, etc. that the focus is on making everything sound good instead of focusing on the purpose for it all -- worshiping. I have visited several churches where 80% of the people aren't even singing along like they are afraid to chime in because they will ruin the perfect tone and pitch of the lead singers. I can't help but think: "Wake up people we aren't watching a performance or a concert we are supposed to be worshiping with a joyful noise whether we are tone deaf or not!"

When I was a kid, if the church didn't get up and sing you wouldn't be able to even get the song off the ground because all we had were hymn books, people in the pews, and one classy organ!

Anyway /rant . . . The main purpose of this topic is just to point out some of my observations on recent trends I have noticed in some of the churches I have visited. Mainly I just wanted to say I like hymns and I miss them! It is sad I think when I have to choose between going to a church with a decent young adult population or going to a church that actually still plays hymns. :)

I could list a ton, but these are some of my favorite hymns!

1. Be Thou my Vision

2. It is Well with my Soul

3. A Mighty Fortress

4. Just as I Am

5. Amazing Grace

6. How Great Thou Art

7. Just a Closer Walk with Thee

8. Softly and Tenderly

9. The Old Rugged Cross

10. There is Power in the Blood

11. Rock of Ages

12. Fount of Every Blessing

So is it just me or are there some in my generation that have yet to completely forsake hymns? :waving:

IaoKim

View Profile
It is decision time!
Posted : 23 Apr, 2011 07:12 AM

Well I would be lying if I said I was sad to see you go -- I mean less competition = more for the rest of us . . . completely kidding!

God speed on your journey. Remember He will always be with you and place your trust solely on Him. Never limit yourself to the world's way of thinking because in Christ all things are possible!

IaoKim

View Profile
Famous Quotes
Posted : 19 Apr, 2011 07:02 PM

"A tyrant will always find a pretext for his tyranny."

IaoKim

View Profile
SECRETS in the CLOSET
Posted : 19 Apr, 2011 06:47 PM

I think it is important to remember that many here on the forums have good intentions and that while we do not always agree we are still called to treat each other with love and kindness. This truth should certainly always be forefront in our responses.

We are also called in scripture to honor our elders especially in their roles as teachers to the younger generation as it says in Titus 2:1-5. Again while we may not all agree it is important to honor and respect the persons trying to tell us something they believe we need to hear especially when it is clear that they are doing so how of a true sense of love and concern.

Yes, we can click the TV off or avoid certain movies or forum topics, but we cannot avoid people especially those within the body of Christ. We are called to care for one another. I believe several in the forums like GodsJude are continuing to post in this topic out of love and concern for the body and not the topic itself.

There is a place for boldness, but we are also called to answer with meekness and fear.

IaoKim

View Profile
Men, How Are We Viewing Women? How Are We Viewing One Another?
Posted : 19 Apr, 2011 06:24 PM

I agree with the OP 100%.

I also agree with MsMarvel that what someone says is not nearly as important as how you say it. Although "who" says it certainly does have an affect as well based on that person's reputation. As it says in Proverbs 22:1, a good name is to be chosen rather than great riches! A person's reputation depends greatly on how they choose to represent themselves which leads right back to the fact is is about "how" you speak and act.

In I Peter 3:15 we are called to always be ready to give an answer with meekness and fear. I think the OP's message fulfills that quite well.

IaoKim

View Profile
Reconciliation?
Posted : 19 Apr, 2011 06:05 PM

Thanks for all the good words of wisdom. The Bible is pretty clear when it comes to forgiveness. God commands us throughout scripture to forgive others just as He forgave us. In Hebrews 8:12 it says that God does not remember our sins after we repent and seek His forgiveness.

True forgiveness does not hold grudges on the past. While it is impossible for us to forget those who have wronged us in the past we can choose to treat that person as though they never wronged us. It certainly is easier said than done but God does not call us to what is "easy." He calls us to obey His Word. I firmly believe all the answers of life can be found in Him and His Word.

So it is pretty clear what I must do-- forgive and treat her as I would any other. While we are commanded to forgive, that does not mean we should be foolish either. It these types of situations I certainly agree that caution is especially required. My natural inclination certainly isn't to do what God requires, but fortunately the Holy Spirit is within me and I have a new nature in Christ amen!

We'll se how it goes . . . :rolleyes:

Page : 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13