Author Thread
ephesians522

View Profile
OK guys...if you're cute,this is for you...
Posted : 23 Jan, 2009 11:59 PM

Wow, this topic came up on the Christian radio station I listen to today, unfortunately I wasn't in my truck to hear it.

Sounds like a plot for a John Hughes movie. Let's see, how should this go?

Guy's a hunk, is somewhat a celebrity, is surrounded by a bunch of females, yet our heroine wants to land him.

Hmmmmm, I know, if you haven't talk to him, go say hi and talk to him. Introduce yourself to him, talk to him about what he does. Show a little interest in him then excuse yourself and leave. Make it no more than 15 mins. If the next time you're in the same place together and he doesn't talk to you make sure he notices you. Go up to him and tell him you wanted to say hi before you had to leave. If he doesn't stop you from leaving at that time I would say go with the flow and leave it in God's hands. If he does stop you and ask the next time you to can talk, then arrange a day, time, and place. Then go with the flow and leave it in God's hands.

Whatever happens, show dignity, be a little helpless (maybe a little "clumsy"), and try to say something that will make him laugh (at least smile). Show him someone worthy of respect, let him be your knight in shining armor, and let him know that he can be relaxed around you.

Word of caution, don't be disappointed if nothing happens. After all, he has multiple choices and maybe he wasn't the one God thought you should be with. At least you tried. Anyway, in the John Hughes movies, it was always the underdog that got the prize.

"...and they all lived happily ever after."

Good luck and God bless.

ephesians522

View Profile
There are good Christian men!!!
Posted : 23 Jan, 2009 10:09 PM

Thank you very much Sister Lydia, I and the other sons of God appreciate your wisdom and knack for discernment.

ephesians522

View Profile
What does God want ?
Posted : 22 Jan, 2009 10:50 PM

Brother crleader,

I will give my thoughts in two parts. First:

Folks, have you ever stopped and Prayerfully considered what God wants for you as an individual ?

I believe what God want the most from all of us is obedience. To follow the guidelines set forth in The Ten Commandments. What was the original sin? Man was not suppose to eat fruit from the Tree of Knowledge. But Man did eat and that is when He fell from grace.

Disobedience to God is great sin but there is one greater. Why did Man eat the fruit? Man was given the fruit by Woman. Woman was told not to eat of the fruit, not to even touch the tree. But she disobeyed and did so, and after gave the fruit to Man to eat. The greatest sin is to cause others to sin. Mark 9:42 Jesus states, "And if anyone causes one of these little ones who believe in me to sin, it would be better for him to be thrown into the sea with a large millstone tied around his neck." It is also written that causing another who belongs to the body of Christ to sin is an unforgivable sin.

So what God wants from us is obedience and not to cause another to sin.

Second:

Then have you Prayerfully considered what God wants for you as a partner in a relationship or in a relationship in general?

I believe that it is explained well in 1 Peter 2 and 3:

1 Peter 2:18Slaves, submit yourselves to your masters with all respect, not only to those who are good and considerate, but also to those who are harsh. 19For it is commendable if a man bears up under the pain of unjust suffering because he is conscious of God. 20But how is it to your credit if you receive a beating for doing wrong and endure it? But if you suffer for doing good and you endure it, this is commendable before God. 21To this you were called, because Christ suffered for you, leaving you an example, that you should follow in his steps.

1 Peter 3: (And Notice) 1Wives, in the same way be submissive to your husbands so that, if any of them do not believe the word, they may be won over without words by the behavior of their wives, 2when they see the purity and reverence of your lives. 3Your beauty should not come from outward adornment, such as braided hair and the wearing of gold jewelry and fine clothes. 4Instead, it should be that of your inner self, the unfading beauty of a gentle and quiet spirit, which is of great worth in God's sight. 5For this is the way the holy women of the past who put their hope in God used to make themselves beautiful. They were submissive to their own husbands, 6like Sarah, who obeyed Abraham and called him her master. You are her daughters if you do what is right and do not give way to fear.

7Husbands, in the same way be considerate as you live with your wives, and treat them with respect as the weaker partner and as heirs with you of the gracious gift of life, so that nothing will hinder your prayers.

If you read through to New Testament there is much more about how much a woman should invest in a relationship (not to mention Proverbs 31). I believe it is because Woman was made out of Man and caused Man to sin.

ephesians522

View Profile
Why pretenders
Posted : 22 Jan, 2009 08:20 PM

Sister Lydia,

The world is crafty, part of free will and the sins of our fathers. It is unfortunate that there are those would exploit and misuse one of the greatest gifts God gave to mankind. Shows the maturity of certain individual and should be reported for review when you receive inappropriate correspondence.

This is a great site for serious individuals who are devoted to the Lord and desire to share that devotion with others.

I pray that one day God will unite you with the one who is worthy of the blessings the two of you can share.

ephesians522

View Profile
Holy Spirit
Posted : 22 Jan, 2009 10:56 AM

Sister Jeanette,

We would like to think that Satan has a hand in things that some people do, but it has been revealed to me that God controls the lives and action of everyone on this earth, in that the will of the Lord may come to past.

God had reaffirmed that you will always have comfort when you turn to Him. These days we are all preoccupied with the financial status of the world and lost sight in what really should be important to us. Sometimes God has to send a wakeup call, to nudge us into not forgetting who really loves us. It was no coincidence that this was done while you were out of town.

As much as we can depend on the Lord, we can take steps to protect ourselves. I would speak with those you rent from and ask them for any assistance or suggestions about your security. An alarm system is more of a deterrant than an alert in that the noise is enough to turn away a would be thief. There are many out there that takes batteries and install with double sided tape, just take care to follow the directions carefully.

I am glad to hear that you are ok and pray for your continued well being. I've read your other post and it seems the hand of God is working for your protection. Stay comforted in the Lord and be steadfast as you continue to do God's will.

ephesians522

View Profile
is love for suckers?
Posted : 22 Jan, 2009 10:02 AM

1 Corinthians 13 (The Message)

Love never gives up.

Love cares more for others than for self.

Love doesn't want what it doesn't have.

Love doesn't strut,

Doesn't have a swelled head,

Doesn't force itself on others,

Isn't always "me first,"

Doesn't fly off the handle,

Doesn't keep score of the sins of others,

Doesn't revel when others grovel,

Takes pleasure in the flowering of truth,

Puts up with anything,

Trusts God always,

Always looks for the best,

Never looks back,

But keeps going to the end.

The problem is most of us are concerned with our own self being. We judge life by what makes us happy, makes us feel good. Lets face it, at one time or another we all question God when things look dim for us. When it comes to an earthy relationship, both men and women are ruled more by the release of hormones and dopamine to determine the feelings of love than forgiveness and sacrifice.

Many out there aren't ready to love, they confuse lust with love. To them, love is a physical thing, they want fireworks. Once the show is over, they would turn to another to regain those feelings. That is when hearts get broken. Many relationships were ended because one wasn't "happy". To those who have such selfish desires expect to continue being unhappy. Waste your time and live looking for the "Golden Egg". With the passing of time your options for love will dwindle. You will be less of a prize for someone else. Look at those who have been brought into this world before you and consider where they stand now.

To those living with broken hearts, take time to heal. Love the one who loved you first, the Lord. When you're ready to have an earthly love then let it come to you. Do you believe in "unconditional love"? The scientific community consider it a form of co-dependency. It is loving someone even if things start going bad. In that one would sacrifice their own well being to continue to show love to another. But who is the master of "unconditional love"? Vow to yourself that you will do anything to keep that love when you receive it. Learn to forgive, overlook short comings. Make sure the well being of the one you love comes before yours, sacrifice. Write down the reasons why you love the Lord and why you love that person and put it in your bible, in that it can reaffirm why you love them, after all, don't we turn to the bible for comfort in God's love?

ephesians522

View Profile
This Is Really Bothering Me....
Posted : 22 Jan, 2009 12:32 AM

Sister Lynda,

The problem with men in general is that we don't share the same emotional capacity or sensitivity that women do. It's just the way we are raised. Between the sexes the minds work differently.

Women want best friends, they want someone they can talk to for hours about things that effect them emotionally. I know that personally because I was involved with a woman for seven months who trained me to be a listener 12 hours out of each day. It was only by the grace of God that she reconsidered reconciling with her ex and I was freed of what I consider as torture without having to go through the process of ending our short relationship.

Guys don't talk unless they have something to say or they a problem with insecurity. If presented with an issue, unless it is life threatening, it may take up to four hours for a guy to process it....PROCESS IT, that's not even coming up with a response or a resolution. I know that is what irritates women the most but that is what woman have to understand. The hardest question for a woman to ask a guy is, "Do you think I'm right for you?" I don't think there is a guy out there that can even give an immediate answer to that question after sharing a short period of time with a woman, let alone after just exchanging words and being on a couple of dates.

Always expect the wrong answer to come out of a guy's mouth if you want an answer right away. If he doesn't respond that means he cares enough to even think about the question you asked him. If you want to get his honest opinion then you have to give him at least four hours to come up with an answer. Plus what women find important, guys see trivial. Unless it deals with finances or it needs oil, guys would rather skirt the issue. I'll let you in on a little secret, most Christian guys when they listen to a Christian radio station don't listen to the music...I didn't say all, just most. Guys listen for guidance, for wisdom, and to reaffirmed in the word of the Lord.

So don't be put off if a guy doesn't seem interested in the things you present to him. That's just the way most of us guys are.

ephesians522

View Profile
Taking a Break: what does it mean?
Posted : 21 Jan, 2009 11:25 PM

Brother Riggs,

Let them go....if they come back then it was meant to be.

Devote the time to being a son of God. Make yourself a blessing, if not for her, for someone else. Meditate in the Word and do volunteer work. Maybe God's will involves a different plan for your life and a relocation is in store. This might be a preparation for a different path.

ephesians522

View Profile
Losing the capacity to love
Posted : 20 Jan, 2009 11:54 PM

I'm not talking about losing love for our Heavenly Father, but being without a companion for a long period of time to where one is not sure they can share intimacy with another.

You know, the chills and goose bumps you get from a touch, the longing to be intimate with them when you look into their eyes, the wanting to kiss when you have them in your arms. Am I the only one or are there other guys out there who are experiencing this?

ephesians522

View Profile
What's it like being invovled in a faith based relationship?
Posted : 19 Jan, 2009 11:05 PM

Fun...everyone wants to have fun. As long as it involves fellowship with other Christians you can have all the fun in the world. But fun can be a financial burden especially when it comes to the "dating" aspect of an earthly relationship.

Fun is what we use to have. Part of our old lives. Fun is what kept us in our last relationship. If one is having fun now and wants to keep having fun, then it is a blessing from God, stay single and keep having fun. But things are going to be a lot more serious when one is committed into a relationship.

First, there is nothing about going on cruises, ski trips, rock climbing written in the bible. Those are indulgence, frivolous waste of God's blessings that could be going to a good cause. If it goes beyond our needs, and we have to use a credit card for it, then we are relying on the banks for the funds and not God. What is the biggest cause of the dissolving of a relationship? Money, sure we can all have fun but when the bills come around, have fun paying them and think about the missionaries that could have used those funds to provide food and medical attention to those in need.

You don't have to have fun to share tender moments with someone. Isn't that what a relationship is all about? Sharing? Loving? When two people are not busy with trying to fulfill the obligations of daily life, they should be sharing time with eachother. God allows that. Instead of going over scripture you talk about how your day went, you have dinner and relax. You share the closeness here on earth because you can't have a physical relationship with the Lord. That is why God made woman for man.

God made man to till the soil (work and be a provider) and woman to be man's helpmate and bear his children (keep the household in order and maybe work a parttime job to keep a comfortable living standard). Anything more than that puts stress on a relationship. If a couple is working to live beyond their means then the relationship will faulter, not only will time to be devoted to eachother will be sacrificed but the stress of paying the bills may hurt spiritually.

God blesses us with what we need to exist on this earth, the Lord even rewards us with a few extra blessings in the form of material things. But, lets face it, if any extra cash comes our way and we really don't need it to survive, shouldn't we give it back to God? Let someone who really could use it have it? Didn't God promise we would never be wanting anything?

Believe me, it can be more exhilarating and satisfying knowing that you were a part of God's will than doing 80 mph on a Harley.

Page : 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12