Author Thread
ephesians522

View Profile
We need REVIVAL!!
Posted : 9 Jun, 2008 03:17 PM

This has happened before. Paul wrote in 1 Corinthians 1

18The message about the cross doesn't make any sense to lost people. But for those of us who are being saved, it is God's power at work. 19As God says in the Scriptures,

"I will destroy the wisdom

of all who claim

to be wise.

I will confuse those

who think they know

so much."

20What happened to those wise people? What happened to those experts in the Scriptures? What happened to the ones who think they have all the answers? Didn't God show that the wisdom of this world is foolish? 21God was wise and decided not to let the people of this world use their wisdom to learn about him.

Instead, God chose to save only those who believe the foolish message we preach. 22Jews ask for miracles, and Greeks want something that sounds wise. 23But we preach that Christ was nailed to a cross. Most Jews have problems with this, and most Gentiles think it is foolish. 24Our message is God's power and wisdom for the Jews and the Greeks that he has chosen. 25Even when God is foolish, he is wiser than everyone else, and even when God is weak, he is stronger than everyone else.

26My dear friends, remember what you were when God chose you. The people of this world didn't think that many of you were wise. Only a few of you were in places of power, and not many of you came from important families. 27But God chose the foolish things of this world to put the wise to shame. He chose the weak things of this world to put the powerful to shame.

28What the world thinks is worthless, useless, and nothing at all is what God has used to destroy what the world considers important. 29God did all this to keep anyone from bragging to him. 30You are God's children. He sent Christ Jesus to save us and to make us wise, acceptable, and holy. 31So if you want to brag, do what the Scriptures say and brag about the Lord.

Many of influence have turned their backs on God. Many think wealth equals wisdom. There are those that think they are wiser than God, that they know what is best for us all. Look in your neighborhood, how many churches are there? There are 69 in my city. We are a people divided. We must first be united in the name of the Lord before we can bring more to the flock. It is up to the Elders of the church to reach out to the influential, to share their wisdom. For those who don't listen, God has a plan on how they will be used.

ephesians522

View Profile
Broken Roads
Posted : 8 Jun, 2008 09:44 PM

I agree, a good relationship (especially one between a man and a woman) is a gift by God's grace. Really, it is something we don't have to work for or deserve to receive. As in any gift, it is meant to be enjoy and cherished. It is a special bond between two people secured by Love.

" Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres."> 1 Corinthians 13:4-7.

Look at your past relationship. Was that passage posted where it would be a daily reminder?

Unfortunately sometimes we take the gifts we receive and put them in places where we lose site of them. We become wrapped up in obtaining things on this Earth where we would live in more comfort physically. To obtain a certain status. To enjoy a different lifestyle. With that we become more demanding of ourselves and with that seek relief from what drives us to reach a certain goal. Thus the gift grows old, and loses its importance.

The more we seek to obtain in this world, the more we lose site on what is important. Without reminders we tend to lose track and wander off the road we should be following.

Wives, submit to your husbands as to the Lord. For the husband is the head of the wife as Christ is the head of the church, his body, of which he is the Savior. Now as the church submits to Christ, so also wives should submit to their husbands in everything.

Husbands, love your wives, just as Christ loved the church and gave himself up for her to make her holy, cleansing her by the washing with water through the word, and to present her to himself as a radiant church, without stain or wrinkle or any other blemish, but holy and blameless. In this same way, husbands ought to love their wives as their own bodies. He who loves his wife loves himself. After all, no one ever hated his own body, but he feeds and cares for it, just as Christ does the church for we are members of his body. "For this reason a man will leave his father and mother and be united to his wife, and the two will become one flesh."his is a profound mystery�but I am talking about Christ and the church. However, each one of you also must love his wife as he loves himself, and the wife must respect her husband.>Ephesians 5:22-33

Funny how the segment on the husbands is longer than the wives.

God chastises us to get us back on track. We learn from our mistakes. If we don't move on then when it comes time for God to replace a broken or lost gift. We will not see it when it is set in front of us.

May God bring you many blessings.

ephesians522

View Profile
Is this really a dating site?
Posted : 8 Jun, 2008 04:31 PM

Steady, this is a wonderful site. Consider the opportunity to fellowship with those in other countries. To develop friendships not knowing where God may lead. I'm sure many are wondering the same thing. Shouldn't we put God first before our own desires? As children of God, should we ever feel lonely?

God has a plan for all of us that was established even before time. By his grace we are given what we need. There will be a time when we have to reflect on our transgressions and consider a closer walk with the Lord. It is much easier to do when we are not obligated to someone here on Earth. Other than fellowship and friendship there is only one other reason to be on a site like this. Looking for "dates" seem so "hit and run".

Paul writes, " Now to the unmarried and the widows I say: It is good for them to stay unmarried, as I am. But if they cannot control themselves, they should marry, for it is better to marry than to burn with passion.>1 Corinthians 7:8-9

Look to your church or social group for a personal fellowship. In that way you will not be drawn into sin. Continue your walk with God and do not be discouraged.

ephesians522

View Profile
Is there something wrong with my profile?
Posted : 8 Jun, 2008 12:57 AM

Maybe listing your interests or activities would help. I see you have nothing in the first date box.

I like to think of a profile as a resume. Write about what you do. If you are moved in a certain way by the Lord, then write something short about it. Use passages from the bible to reinforce your belief. As far as looking for a God fearing person, this is a Christian dating site. I, myself would like to believe we are all first devoted to God before seeking fellowship with those of the opposite sex. If you elaborate a little more about yourself, topics will be found to chat about.

And yes, two months is not a lengthy amount of time. Remember too, most of the males in your age group are probably very fresh in their walk with Christ. There are still many influences they have to over come. God gave women the gift of intuition. Use your gift and don't be discouraged.

ephesians522

View Profile
my former horror relationship
Posted : 7 Jun, 2008 04:50 PM

As long as you seek those of the world you will run into that. We walk this world like a kid in a toy store. The packaging makes everything look soooo good. Unfortunately people do not come with an instruction manual and since we are predestined by God before the beginning of time, our personalities and attributes are not subject to change. Only by being reborn in Christ shall we set aside the old ways.

I finally realized that a relationship between a man and a woman is yet another gift from God. It would be much simpler if men could follow in the in the footsteps of the apostles, but by God's grace we will be led to a mate. It is important that you stay steadfast in you walk with Christ. Keeping your faith and living as a child of God.

"Be imitators of God, therefore, as dearly loved children and live a life of love, just as Christ loved us and gave himself up for us as a fragrant offering and sacrifice to God.

But among you there must not be even a hint of sexual immorality, or of any kind of impurity, or of greed, because these are improper for God's holy people. Nor should there be obscenity, foolish talk or coarse joking, which are out of place, but rather thanksgiving.For of this you can be sure: No immoral, impure or greedy person�such a man is an idolater�has any inheritance in the kingdom of Christ and of God.Let no one deceive you with empty words, for because of such things God's wrath comes on those who are disobedient.Therefore do not be partners with them.">Ephesians 5:1-7

"Be very careful, then, how you live�not as unwise but as wise, making the most of every opportunity, because the days are evil. Therefore do not be foolish, but understand what the Lord's will is. Do not get drunk on wine, which leads to debauchery. Instead, be filled with the Spirit.Speak to one another with psalms, hymns and spiritual songs. Sing and make music in your heart to the Lord, always giving thanks to God the Father for everything, in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ.">Ephesians 5:15-20

Unfortunately, we were instilled with a desire for mating. Seek first amongst the flock, attend church regularly. If there is one you should be with God will lead you to each other.

ephesians522

View Profile
The all so new, bouncing back-NOT, someone ate the bread crumbs:(
Posted : 7 Jun, 2008 03:48 PM

redeemedone , "They claim to know God, but by their actions they deny him. They are detestable, disobedient and unfit for doing anything good.">Titus1:16 correlates with what you speak about. Sad to know that with the signs in the world today, many have not profess themselves as sinner and accepted Christ as their Savior.

"For such people are not serving our Lord Christ, but their own appetites. By smooth talk and flattery they deceive the minds of naive people.">Romans 16:18

ephesians522

View Profile
nose piearcings
Posted : 6 Jun, 2008 06:30 AM

'Do not cut your bodies for the dead or put tattoo marks on yourselves. I am the LORD. Leviticus 19:28

Page : 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12