Author Thread
ephesians522

View Profile
Evil one...
Posted : 30 Jan, 2009 09:15 AM

In short....God made the devil so we have someone to blame for our sins.

ephesians522

View Profile
Evil one...
Posted : 30 Jan, 2009 09:12 AM

Maybe we rationlize our shortcoming by blaming the devil.

It is by freewill, the ability to make choices that we sin. Sometimes we make the wrong choices. Instead of acknowledging or wrongs we choose to blame someone else.

Case in point; Man ate of the forbidden fruit, when questioned why, he blamed the woman for giving him the fruit (tempting him). Then when the woman was confronted, who was she to blame? The first thing she saw...the serpent. They could have chose not to eat of the tree, but the woman saw the beauty of the fruit and desired the taste of it's flesh. Then blamed the whole thing on something/someone else (bearing false witness). See the real lesson here?

The only way we use the devil is to have someone else to blame for our sins. Many have been unfairly persecuted and died for that reason. If there is one sin the devil is responsible for it is bearing false witness, lying, and that is because it shift the blame from us. "It is easier to ask for forgiveness than it is to ask for permission".

I believe the devil exist but I really don't believe he has any dominion over us. Satan is just the keeper of his own kingdom, which will be filled with the unredeemed soon enough. We in the Body of Christ are redeemed from the world, from our own worst enemy. If bad things happen to us, then we being of the flesh are the only ones to blame. We cannot blame our inequities on someone or something else. It builds our character when we take responsibilty for our own actions. Give up your freewill and turn to God, in that way you keep obedience.

Blessings

ephesians522

View Profile
Pre-Marital Sex / Sexual Immorality
Posted : 30 Jan, 2009 07:40 AM

I'm maybe the one to have to offer and apology for the missing text. Much like the Gnostic scriptures, perhaps issues that cause controversy were felt better cast aside rather than allowing for discussion. I thank the administrators for not rebuking my posting privileges. Unfortunately, all your opinions were lost too.

So, we are in agreement, "recreational encounters" are a no-no. We can break off our wedding plans because the one we were promise to was physically intimate with us, right? That and being labeled a "harlot" is the fear we should instill in the youth to keep them chaste? Sounds like maybe we've been romantizing the story of the birds and the bees a little too much, forgetting to check underneath the matresses in our son's room, and turn some filters on their computers.

I believe if there is anyone to blames when it comes to this topic it would not be the ones who ask the questions, but the ones who give the answers. In my previous post, I believe that the questions I posed were valid for anyone to ask their elders. In the deleted post I presented an argument, which was debatable, but when it comes to the Body of Christ we should all be in agreement.

Let me present this and I hope it doesn't get deleted, it is much like the young virgin's story.

I had met someone off of a secular dating site a little over a year ago. Not a ravaging beauty but someone that would have been nice to grow old with. To make a long story short, after two weeks of seeing eachother we shared dinner at her place and let things go a litlle too far. You guessed it, it didn't feel right to me so I couldn't perform. I can still remeber her words, "I don't think this is going to work, the one thing that I Didn't like about my last marriage was my husband who used satisfy me didn't anymore. You're a great guy, but really I have needs and I don't want to wait." Her husband divorced her for a younger woman. Honestly, it was a blessing, I'm glad I found that out before getting too serious with her. What if we took the marital plunge and I couldn't satisfy her? She had already been through that and what would our union be like with her being unhappy?

So a lesson here. Wait till your married before enjoying eachother. Build the spiritual bond between the two of you for that is what keeps you together through thick and thin. If one of you cannot wait, then the carnality will only affect your union. It is better not to base your marriage on the flesh because if that satisfaction stops one may go elsewhere. Men should show strength when dealing with the flesh, women should so restraint in that it doesn't cause either of you to sin. The young need to remember that the possible consquences for indulging in carnal desires can be disastrous and lead one into a life of despair and loneliness.

Shalom

ephesians522

View Profile
OK guys...if you're cute,this is for you...
Posted : 30 Jan, 2009 12:15 AM

Meh, if you two are both in your teens then take it slow and don't try too hard. I don't know any specifics so I couldn't evaluate whether it's the way you dress, what topic is brought up when conversing, the way you laugh. But I wouldn't put any stock in just one date. Besides, you have to grow in your faith first, you have to mature spiritually so you can be the woman in Proverbs 31.

You must first promise yourself to the Lord before wanting to promise yourself to a man. Learn from the women who are your elders. Learn to live on your own before wanting to nest with someone else. The skills will help you run a household and make you a blessing for the one you are to share your life with.

Have fun with your friends, there will always be an abundance of guys out there. Plus If you get tied down , what if in say 4 short years, you run into the most wonderful guy God could have put on this earth for you and you're attached to someone you chose in haste?

God bless you Lil' Sis, wisdom before want.

ephesians522

View Profile
Evil one...
Posted : 29 Jan, 2009 10:00 PM

I don't know how beatup I'm gonna get from this,buuuuuttt....

First, God had blessed man with freewill, the ability to choose. Was is not a choice to take a bite of the forbidden fruit?

Next, book of Job, the calamity in Job's life. What God giveth can be taken away? God can curse and send plagues onto mankind? Send angels to smite whomever the Lord deems necessary? Will not tempt us beyond what we can endure? Allows suffering to build our spiritual character?

God can create instances where miracles can be performed, for God who is all mighty has domain over man. God has the power to give kingdoms unto shepards. Make the mighty from the meek.

Whose sins are we judged by? The sins of our fathers. Where does sin come from? Disobedience of God. Does Satan cause us to sin? No, freewill. Who do we fear the damning of our Soul's? Ourselves.

ephesians522

View Profile
Posted : 29 Jan, 2009 09:20 PM

:hug:

ephesians522

View Profile
Rational Argument for God's existance?
Posted : 29 Jan, 2009 08:52 PM

Only God can create something from nothing. You can argue the "Big Bang" with "Where did the essence for matter come from?"

ephesians522

View Profile
Would You Date/Marry A Transformed Homosexual?...
Posted : 29 Jan, 2009 08:47 PM

Jaw dropping questions ET

1-no

2-yes

3-yes

I think most men would answer the same way. But there would be a lot of questions.

ephesians522

View Profile
New Christian Movie
Posted : 29 Jan, 2009 08:35 PM

"Not Easily Broken", reallife drama dealing with marital issues.

ephesians522

View Profile
Favorite Actors/Actresses...
Posted : 29 Jan, 2009 08:30 PM

Bruce Willis, Denzel Washington, Mark Wahlberg,can play roles from action, dramatic, and comedy.

Meg Ryan for cute and funny, Jody Foster for dramatic, and Milla Jovovich for action.

Page : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10