Author Thread
ephesians522

View Profile
Enlightenment?
Posted : 31 Jan, 2009 09:59 PM

Ladies, read this and tell me what you think, copy and paste;

http://www.simonsays.com/content/book.cfm?pid=630383&tab=65&agid=2

Need a truthful answer and do you think it would be a benefit?

Many blessings

ephesians522

View Profile
What's it like being invovled in a faith based relationship?
Posted : 31 Jan, 2009 08:47 PM

Sister Ella,

I have a lot of fun with the people I work with, can always find a funny comment for the goofy things they do. Plus I do enjoy being around a lot of people in a relaxed setting. Love "bar-b-q's", playing soft ball, volley ball, you know pic-a-nic stuff.

The bible states "We are but a whisp..." we don't know if we are going to be around tomorrow. Why make big plans to take a vacation somewhere just to do the things you do when you have freetime at home? In the past I would have rather helped a friend landscape their yard rather than spending the money going shopping, eating at restaurants, and sleeping in an unfamiliar bed. Hey I bet you don't know how much fun a guy and a gal can have with a gallon of paint. The satisfaction you feel when you both stand back and admire you efforts, and the process of cleaning up (if you know what I mean).

Sometimes having fun is too much work, as long as two people are together there are ways to have fun, just takes some inspiration, dedication, and love.

ephesians522

View Profile
Question/ask a guy
Posted : 31 Jan, 2009 08:15 PM

I think that it is the guys who feel that way that could answer that question. But anyone who feels that way are probably a little selfish so they are not worth your time. I could offer some assumptions in their defence, but that would be wasting my time. Maybe you'll never know the answer.

ephesians522

View Profile
The tithe
Posted : 31 Jan, 2009 07:51 AM

So, Sister Robin and Brother Leon have presented examples of the best offerings we can give to God....our efforts and our time. Volunteering so God's words can be kept alive. Give food to the food pantries in our cities, so those without can have something to eat. Donate to ministries that look to provide shelter for the homeless. Start emptying out your closets and letting something old to you be something new for someone else.

Yes our offerings don't have to have a dollar sign in front of it, but if that is what you have to give, quit robbing God and give it.

ephesians522

View Profile
Evil one...
Posted : 30 Jan, 2009 11:16 PM

In the story of Job, didn't Satan ask the permission of God to thrust the curses upon Job? Thus showing that Satan has no rule over us, not unless getting the ok from God first. When we are tested and attacked by the devil are we to believe that God is powerless to help us?

I used to believe that Satan walked the earth, whispering in the ears of the weak, causing all kinds of havoc to break our faith. But he has no power over us, none unless God gives it to him. I am my own worst enemy, where I am now is because of the choices I made. I walked the wide path, I tried to do things my way instead of trusting in God. I sinned because my faith was weak, the devil never had any control over me. Now that I'm humbled God can work through me. The Holy Spirit makes me question humanity. In return I see more of myself.

Funny, most will say that Satan tempts us with riches and power, as he tempted Jesus. Maybe our currency should say "In Satan We Trust", because we can't serve two masters, it seems blasphemous to put the name of the Lord on our money.

ephesians522

View Profile
The tithe
Posted : 30 Jan, 2009 09:37 PM

Well said Leon.

ephesians522

View Profile
The tithe
Posted : 30 Jan, 2009 08:24 PM

Malachi 3:7 Ever since the time of your forefathers you have turned away from my decrees and have not kept them. Return to me, and I will return to you," says the Lord Almighty. "But you ask, 'How are we to return?' 8 "Will a man rob God? Yet you rob me. "But you ask, 'How do we rob you?' "In tithes and offerings. 9 You are under a curse--the whole nation of you--because you are robbing me. 10 Bring the whole tithe into the storehouse, that there may be food in my house. Test me in this," says the Lord Almighty, "and see if I will not throw open the floodgates of heaven and pour out so much blessing that you will not have room enough for it.

Tithes are one thing but offerings come from the heart.

ephesians522

View Profile
Is it best to be as James?
Posted : 30 Jan, 2009 08:05 PM

Thank you Leon, you prove to me that there are parents out there who care about the growth and wellbeing of their daughters. You didn't have to turn to the bible to for affirmation on how to make sure you were not raising ones that were going to be "Used" women.

I pray all is going well with the girls you raised in that they can be testamonies of your love and guidance.

God bless you.

ephesians522

View Profile
Movie Lovers....!
Posted : 30 Jan, 2009 10:27 AM

Favorite would probably be "When Harry Met Sally..." funny, touching, with some suspense (if you've watch the flick you'd know what I mean). Just watched "Picture Perfect" with Jennifer Aniston. Gosh I must be turning into a big "softee", Please pass the kleenex.

ephesians522

View Profile
Is it best to be as James?
Posted : 30 Jan, 2009 09:50 AM

If God made man and woman to be of one flesh, why is it best that we live a life alone?

With the apostles, since we all know the flesh is weak, why wouldn't they recommend arranged marriages? I.E.;

And since the flesh is weak, and God creating Woman from Man, it is best that a mother and a father (who live in faith in the Lord) arrange a suitable spouse for their daughters. In that she will not grow into temptation. To which she can show devotion not only to her mate, both in flesh and spirit, but also show devotion to God...

then go into widows and women of age teach the young in that they will know the ways to please their husbands and so on and so forth..

Should we have kept some of the laws of Deuteronomy 22?

Page : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10