Author Thread
MyCrownIsGod

View Profile
how do you know if a guy is a player?
Posted : 30 Aug, 2011 03:25 PM

I found this article on the net several years ago...it's helped me to weed out the would be players.

8 Signs that he�s only interested in Sex:

1.He only communicates via text messages or emails.

We all know that guys hate talking on the phone, but if you're never hearing the sound of his voice, that could spell trouble. "If I have hung out with a girl a few times and I'm still texting or emailing her, it's just about sex for me," says Jake, 28. Chalk it up to his lack of interest in talking with you -- and the ease of technology, a boon for lazy would-be players. He doesn't need to engage in a real conversation -- a couple of words here, an emoticon there, and he's in touch with you with a bare minimum of effort. Keeping his communiqu�s to emails and texts also allows him to steer the conversation towards sex, either subtly or overtly; he can be more forward than he would be in person or over the phone since he won't have to deal with rejection directly.

2.He warns you that he's not relationship material

Some guys inform girls about their disinterest in a relationship early on with remarks like "I'm not ready for a serious relationship yet." It can be easy to think he's just being honest and may eventually come around after he's gotten to know you. But don't fall for it. "Some guys always have excuses as to why they can't take the relationship to the next level, "But 'not now' means 'not ever.'" The upfront explanation makes it easier to break it off later. "When I just want sex from a woman, I drop hints that I can't be involved with her in a long-term relationship because my job is my number one priority," says Matt, 31. "Then, when I decide to stop seeing her, I reference the fact that I said it wouldn't work out early on." Bottom line: If he says he's not boyfriend material, know that he means it. Move on and find a man who isn�t so lame.

3.You've been to the same restaurant with him more than once in one month

Sure, he may say "It's my favorite place," "It's our place," or that he's been craving the eggplant parmesan. As sweet as that may seem, his motives are likely not so romantic. A quality guy will put thought and effort into each of your dates -- but a guy who just wants sex will make the weekly Olive Garden dinner a preamble to taking you back to his place (which just happens to be around the corner). Watch out if he keeps meeting you in the same place and doesn't vary from routine, Argov warns. "He's with you at the little Mexican place, but with another girl at the Chinese place the next night and another girl at the sushi place the night after that." He needn't pull out all the stops every date, but beware night after night of the same thing. Says Argov, "A player will go for what's quick, convenient and cheap -- just like his intentions."

4.He makes too many promises.

It would be easy to avoid these guys if they said things like, "I want you to come over and have sex with me -- and then disappear." Rather, guys try to woo you with what they think you want to hear. "If all he wants is sex, he'll promise you things you haven't even thought of yet," says Argov. "Men know that by talking about love, fabulous exotic vacations, babies, houses with the white picket fences, women will give up the goods. He's fattening you up for the kill." So if there's lots of talk of big future plans very early in your dates, beware.

5.He only makes last-minute, late-night plans to see you

It seems obvious, but sometimes a guy can conceal the real intentions behind a late night call by making it sound innocent enough, citing how he's working late or has dinner plans with friends -- but that he really wants to see you. Then comes the clincher: a line like, "Can we meet for a quick drink, or maybe I could just stop by your place on my way home?" Sure, a little impatient enthusiasm is flattering, but if he's truly into you, he'll make plans in advance. Says Argov, "For the guy who's smitten, the anticipation of seeing the woman he likes is as exciting to him as the date itself."

6.He avoids getting-to-know-you talk.

Everyone knows a relationship requires communication, especially at the onset. It should stand to reason, then, that a guy who plans dates that don't give you a chance to talk to each other isn't likely interested in a relationship. Says Todd, 35, "With girls that I only want to have sex with, I go out to lots of movies -- that way, I don't have to talk to them. Afterwards I can justify going home with them since we did hang out and had an official date." According to Mira Kirshenbaum, author of Is He Mr. Right? Everything You Need To Know Before You Commit, it should be apparent when a guy's interested in getting to know you. "He may also be sexually attracted to you and want to have sex with you," says Kirshenbaum, "but other things will have equal weight, such as having conversations with you about topics that you care about and interests you share."

7. He's pushy about getting physical.

Some guys will say just about anything to get a woman to have sex with him. Ever hear any of these lines?

"We'll just cuddle."

"You're just so sexy that I can't help myself."

"My underwear is chafing me."

�If you REALLY loved me, you would do it.�

�Men HAVE to have sex to be healthy.�

For the record:

We hate just cuddling.

We can help ourselves.

Our underwear was fitting us just fine this morning.

If we really loved you, we would respect your body.

We take advantage of girls who actually believe this line. No matter what we SAY, we aren�t going to die if we don�t have sex.

8. He doesn't introduce you to his friends

If you've been dating a month or more, and you still have seen neither hide nor hair of any of his coworkers, acquaintances, siblings or pals, he's likely never going to bring you home to meet the parents. "I'll introduce girls I'm genuinely interested in to my guy-friends within two to three weeks of dating," Jake explains. "At that point I'm feeling comfortable enough with her to see what my friends think." Don't fret if you've passed the four-date mark and you haven't yet met his mom, though. "Some men won't introduce you to their families, because they're embarrassed by them," says Argov. Still, he should begin integrating you into his life within the first few months of dating. If not, it's a sign that this guy's into getting physical... and not much else. Consider yourself well warned!

For the record: When a guy introduces you to his parents, especially Mom, it is the highest compliment and he is probably genuinely interested in a serious commitment.

MyCrownIsGod

View Profile
Relationship books
Posted : 30 Aug, 2011 02:30 PM

That's great that you want to read and learn more about relationships. I wish more guys were like that.

For Women:

For Women Only by Shaunti Feldhahn

Wild at Heart by John Eldredge

The Power of a Praying Wife by Stormie Omartian

For Men:

For Men Only by Shaunti Feldhahan

Captivating by John and Staci Eldredge

The Power of a Praying Husband by Stormie Omartiian

For Couples:

The Five Love Languages by Gary Chapman

The Love Dare

Conflict Free Living by Joyce Meyer

Starting Your Marriage Right by Dennis and Barbara Rainey

Preparing for Marriage by Boehi, Nelson, Schulete and Shadrach

OTHER BOOK I RECOMMEND (BECAUSE I CAN ;)

Spiritual Growth

Your Best Life Now by Joel Osteen

Intercessory Prayer by Dutch Sheets

I Give You Authority by Charles H. Kraft

Glory Invasion by David Herzog

The Hole in the Gospel by Richard Stearns

Fresh Wind, Fresh Fire by Jim Cymbala

Spiritual Warfare:

The Battlefield of the Mind by Joyce Meyer

The Bondage Breaker and Victory Over the Darkness by Neil T. Anderson

Spiritual Warfare by Richard Ing

Free at Last by Larry Huch

Blessing or Curse by Derek Prince

A Psychic Discovers Jesus by Tim Thompson

Suicide Spirit by Tim Thompson

Demons Exposed by Tim Thompson

MyCrownIsGod

View Profile
the cause of divorce?
Posted : 28 Aug, 2011 06:53 PM

The cause of divorce is usually:

Selfishness (what about me? my wants, my desires, me, me, I want, I need, etc.) and PRIDE, which comes from...THE ENEMY.

Which leads to lack of forgiveness, hurt feels, hatred, bitterness, resentment, anger, etc...a hard heart.

Then comes the worldly idea that we would "be happier with someone else." and then there is cheating, lies, adultery, broken families and more pain.

This happens because people don't understand how important marriage is to God, and how to really put Jesus at the center of your marriage. It's about more than living together, raising a family and having sex without guilt.

It's a life long soul tie to another person. If that other person is not a strong Christian, or struggles with things of the world, or are not even believers to begin with...you set yourself up for a lifetime of pain and misery with someone that you never had any business marrying in the first place.

Not many people will actually pray about their engagement and ask God's permission to marry a person. Not every marriage meets with God's approval, even if both parties are Christian. God has a destiny for each person on earth, and if you marry the wrong person, that person could potentially prevent you from fulfilling the call of God for your life. If you go ahead and marry someone based on only your emotional feelings alone, and don't seek God's Will...you're gonna run into problems.

Then people are surprised when it doesn't work out, they are miserable, or they don't walk in the blessing of God they thought they would.

We all have free will and choices to make every day. Who you marry is your choice, but you have to be willing to live with the consequences of that choice, if you go against God's Will for your life and marry someone other than the person God has for you.

Page : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7