Author Thread
One_Sojourner

View Profile
Your turn fellows.......
Posted : 26 Oct, 2013 06:11 PM

I agree with all the comments here... there should be no issue with a woman expressing her interest to a man's profile if he's given some thought in writing and shared something of himself. The thing that leaves me wondering is when a woman expresses interest in being friends, chats 1 or 2 times and things seem to go good, then she quits writing back...?

I'm not a multi tasking sort of guy so if I have an interest it's pretty much with the one person who I am speaking with and I will give some clue that I'm not interested or that I am by continuing communication with her.... is it this way for women, or are the options open more or less and just playing the field, testing the waters I wonder? One thing for sure is that I'm a:dunce: when it comes to women! lol

One_Sojourner

View Profile
The Lovingkindness of God
Posted : 24 Oct, 2013 05:16 PM

Philippians 2:5-11 There's yer backup for the Mindy paraphrase...

funny because I had just been re-reading that chapter today having a nostalgic moment. ;)

the memory was of the missions trip I'd been part of June 2012

and the amazing things God did in bringing this group of kids and adults together to. Though we had all recognition of the others from Sundays worships, we had never traveled, eaten slept, worked or spent 10 days as a unified group with one mind and spirit with the purpose to be of service to an orphanage in Baja Mexico. Was an amazing 10 days and made some life long connections not only within our group, but with the orphanage and the kids as well as each other1 :glow:

One_Sojourner

View Profile
MLB Playoffs
Posted : 24 Oct, 2013 05:00 PM

Good game Red Sox:party::dancingp:...We'll see tonight if the bats are for reals and if the Red birds can shake off the bad case of nerves they seemed to have and play some ball!:toomuch::nahnah::zzzz:

One_Sojourner

View Profile
MLB Playoffs
Posted : 23 Oct, 2013 05:38 PM

HAHA!!! It's called left coast math, few grasp it dear! ;)

Great first inning for Boston so far, way to make a statement!

One_Sojourner

View Profile
really curious ladies
Posted : 21 Oct, 2013 06:22 PM

Miss Blue eyes gave you all the answer for no ads, instead of internet explorer use the Firefox browser and download the add on called Ad Block plus... no more ads and it's all free:winksmile:

One_Sojourner

View Profile
MLB Playoffs
Posted : 21 Oct, 2013 05:27 PM

OOPS... I goofed! Thought I had seen that the series started tonight:rolleyes: It's Wednesday!:winksmile:

One_Sojourner

View Profile
MLB Playoffs
Posted : 21 Oct, 2013 11:51 AM

T minus 5 hours till the big show down...!!!:dancingp:

One_Sojourner

View Profile
On the Importance of Christian Scholarship in Evangelism
Posted : 20 Oct, 2013 06:50 PM

Take a look at this thread. It looks the same as just about every other. Please notice that I posted an article on the importance of scholarship in evangelism. Actually, I am not the author of this particular article but I think it makes some very good points.

* I agree and understand you did not write this friend, the article does make some very good points... and staying within this thread only there's not much to argue other than as I pointed out in my own personal experience in that we all have a testimony to share in a given moment to witness to someone. Mine is not fancy or scholarly but can God make it effective and a speak truth to a person? I say yes! God uses us to be witness's to lead the lost home to Him.

Now, please tell me how that doesn't aid in the cause of the Gospel? Tell me how I am "picking apart the small things of others here"

*What aid does our mighty God need from any of us? The good news of Christ who took our sin upon himself, suffered and died rose and fulfilling scripture and is our redeemer saviour...

"Use that wealth of knowledge you've gathered to evangelize the needy" Precisely what I do day in and day out. Am I getting paid for taking my time to write articles here? I am not. What I have been freely given, I freely give back -- knowledge and understanding.

*I like ya bro

"Back off a bit on the criticism and sarcasm dude" -- I don't have any desire to change my approach to false teachers or to those who mock, pervert, and reject the Word.

* Keep posting the works of others and no personal thoughts for discussion with the gang here and they will have nothing to go on except that you agree with the article and will agree or disagree

Bro, do you actually not see what I am enduring here to continue on this site? Honestly? Please review some of the threads if you aren't seeing it. I will be happy to go through

them with you.

* I see well enough and to be honest hate all the bantering and knocking others around, it's cheap and no good! Wishing for some peace and respect for others comments. We need to be teaching and learning together... I'm so danged sentimental huh?

One_Sojourner

View Profile
Posted : 20 Oct, 2013 05:44 PM

The other thing I meant to say as an after thought is hey IWA, why not use some of this acquired higher schooling for the cause of the Gospel, cut the bull, quit picking apart the small things of others here and use that wealth of knowledge you've gathered to evangelize the needy and back off a bit on the criticism and sarcasm dude?:buddies:

One_Sojourner

View Profile
Posted : 20 Oct, 2013 05:14 PM

What a better story than the tortoise and hair is a personal testimony from from a repentant sinner person who believes and is saved by God and willing to share it to all who would listen? We all who have lived life our own way and came to a time of realizing in one form or another that maybe we don't know so much as we had thought when God comes by way of a messenger or in some way by the Spirit with the word of truth that causes a life changing moment in our lives....

How many in the writings of the Gospels were healed from their sickness and told to tell no one, yet they could not keep themselves from proclaiming Jesus had healed them and glorifying God? What are these writings called the gospels but a testimony of the kingdom of God and of Christ who is our salvation?

I do agree their is a point in time we (me) need to study and better understand truths that will help be more effective in evangelizing, yet God chooses and uses circumstances in our lives for His glory and gives us the words we need and the unspoken example of our deeds... just me thinking here guys:rolleyes:

Page : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10