Author Thread
One_Sojourner

View Profile
Good night Waltons...
Posted : 20 Oct, 2013 08:04 AM

Thanks Teach, that was the very verse 32 that stuck out as I was reading through today's posts, must be the child in me huh? Thought it would be a good backer to your previous post on Christian conduct Rom 12 and a reminder for all who participate in the forums that there are many who don't participate but Do read the discussions and it seems wise that we ought to be careful to choose words and how to react to others here.

That was my thought after reading through the day's comments

Go RedSox!!!:party::yay::rocknroll::goofball:

One_Sojourner

View Profile
MLB Playoffs
Posted : 19 Oct, 2013 09:08 PM

well shoot! I sure picked em wrong... I thought for sure the blue teams were going to the show! Congrats to your RedSox Teach, they earned it!:bow::peace::toomuch: I didn't ask for it or want to be, but for the world series I will have to be fan of the Boston team:buddies:

One_Sojourner

View Profile
Good night Waltons...
Posted : 19 Oct, 2013 08:34 PM

[The New Life] (Ephesians 4:17-32 ESV)

[17-24]...

25]�Therefore, having put away falsehood, let each one of you speak the truth with his neighbor, for we are members one of another.

[26]�Be angry and do not sin; do not let the sun go down on your anger,

[27]�and give no opportunity to the devil.

[28]�Let the thief no longer steal, but rather let him labor, doing honest work with his own hands, so that he may have something to share with anyone in need.

[29]�Let no corrupting talk come out of your mouths, but only such as is good for building up, as fits the occasion, that it may give grace to those who hear.

[30]�And do not grieve the Holy Spirit of God, by whom you were sealed for the day of redemption.

[31]�Let all bitterness and wrath and anger and clamor and slander be put away from you, along with all malice.

[32]�Be kind to one another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, as God in Christ forgave you.

One_Sojourner

View Profile
Ekklesia and Church: A Word Study
Posted : 19 Oct, 2013 07:26 AM

this was interesting read halfback, thanks!

One_Sojourner

View Profile
Marriages with divorced people
Posted : 16 Oct, 2013 07:54 AM

I like your message here Versavia but I have one question for you.. about your friend it was stated,

"He forbids not only Christians to live in sexual immorality but ALL people!"

Your friend is said to be a non believer, so will abstaining from sexual immorality save her? Or is it by God's leading her to faith n repentance.... coming to a believing knowledge of Christ, conviction of the Holy Spirit and turning away from sin that will bring salvation?

One_Sojourner

View Profile
MLB Playoffs
Posted : 14 Oct, 2013 02:35 PM

I've been quiet here Teach (A's broke my heart :( :goofball: lol ) but have been paying attention to the series and yup it was an exciting comeback... with Papi's tying grand slam and the walk off rbi for the win! So far it's been a great series and good match ups even if yer not a Boston or Detroit fan!

We'll see if the NLCS can entertain as well tonight hmm?

One_Sojourner

View Profile
MLB Playoffs
Posted : 12 Oct, 2013 10:02 PM

Was a very good game tonight but very much not the Boston team we've seen coming into the series... good game one never the less... will be interesting to see which team wants the championship more. I'm pulling for the west coasters in the NL but think come the world series, AL will take it all!

One_Sojourner

View Profile
MLB Playoffs
Posted : 11 Oct, 2013 05:16 PM

Frownie Faces... :( LOL It will be interesting to see who will win the series but for me.. not as interesting as it would have been.

To keep it fun I'll be cheering the Tigers Teach. Even though they did put the A's out of post season. I like coach Leland and just like last year year he proves to be a classy kinda guy and the players respect him and play the game well. :buddies:

One_Sojourner

View Profile
The bulge in a man's pants lol : )
Posted : 10 Oct, 2013 09:41 PM

After re-reading and seeing your explanation TH I get what yer asking and apologize if I came on as someone above or beyond thinking or pondering those same things. It's good you consider the how you wear your clothes and especially that you honor the young ladies who iwll be viewing you! On a side note, men shouldn't be wearing their pants on the ground and please guys... dress like a man and don't be wearing those skinny jeans! lol

One_Sojourner

View Profile
why is divorce so rampant and also a last resort to a failed marriage.
Posted : 10 Oct, 2013 09:25 PM

Ya know, after reading the comments and re-reading the OP I don't think he's intending to ask the questions in an offensive way... tho it appears that way. I think he's asking the opinion of women for reasons as to why a woman or women would not submit to their husband/their man, by biblical reasoning, and assuming it's a marital type relationship... and then, is it right that a woman seek divorce from a man from a biblical perspective... Could be wrong but this is how I see the question was intended to be asked.

I've not worded and also misinterpreted and commented wrongly on plenty of posts here as some may well know, and it's easy to read txt and assume the worst even for the edlers in faith here . Maybe it be good to ask for clarification of the question before jumping to conclusion???

just a thought folks...

Page : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10