Author Thread
homelesschristian

View Profile
🛥️🌴 the gilligan's island analogy for salvation ❗❗
Posted : 2 Mar, 2024 12:36 PM

Over on Twitter I have been debating some legalists about salvation of course some of them think that our good works are part of it . But I use this very unorthodox method to try to reach them , teach them as the Bible says that our salvation is by grace through faith alone in Christ

🤔🤔 okay let's say you join the SS minnow with ginger the skipper Marianne Gilligan the professor and the howells on a 3-hour tour of 3-hour tour. Instead this time you're the only survivor washing ashore of you guessed it of Gilligan's Island ......

You get captured by Island cannibals who want to have you for lunch and they will in a few minutes . You are an unbeliever and you're having a thief on the cross moment to say the least . .......

You remember your grandmother mentioning Romans 10:9 and 10 and you do what Paul says to do in those verses with 2 minutes to spare. Are you saved or not ❓

🙂😉 I'm still waiting for an answer from this guy I'll report back if and when I get one so stay tuned

homelesschristian

View Profile
Please stop saying “God told me” or “the Holy Spirit told me”.
Posted : 2 Mar, 2024 09:17 AM

🙂👍💯🇺🇸🕊️🕊️ After being a saved born again Christian for 35 years now, the overwhelming majority of the time people have said God told me so ......... Well put it this way if they were in the major leagues they better find a job somewheres else ❗❗ and I got to be honest here with everybody . There were times over those 35 years where I was living and fiery trials and pulled the God told me so stuff on myself and it turned out to be nothing more psycho traumatic self-induced wishful thinking aka the flesh

It is very very extremely rare that the God told me language came true

definitely gotta tsst the spirits

I will say this and I'll try to keep it short . A few days ago another homeless man with his woman planted his tent a few feet away from my tarp tent . These two were definitely sent by satan . Boozing and using drugs both violent and crazy the guy hit me in the face accusing me of being a Russian spy . If that wasn't bad enough some other homeless deliberately set up shop on spots I was known to occasionally panhandle. Getting into the flesh i went no way Jose hose b hose c all the way down to hose z I'm giving this to God ❗❗ and I did hear a voice say to me be patient . So I did and long story short they got das boot 😉 praise God hallelujah ❗❗ i even stopped being angry at them and had been praying for their salvation ; I don't know their names but let's stand in agreement for them

homelesschristian

View Profile
having troubles with some other homeless
Posted : 29 Feb, 2024 05:48 PM

well thank you brother contented_ for the compliments and the prayer God bless you as well all glory to Christ hallelujah❗❗ s e l a h

1 Peter 4:12

12 Beloved, think it not strange concerning the fiery trial which is to try you, as though some strange thing happened unto you: 13 But rejoice, inasmuch as ye are partakers of Christ's sufferings; that, when his glory shall be revealed, ye may be glad also with exceeding joy

homelesschristian

View Profile
Posted : 29 Feb, 2024 03:27 PM

🙂👍💯⭐⭐💡💡🕊️🕊️ obedience before sacrifice pays off ❗❗ To obey is better than sacrifice, and to heed is better than the fat of rams” (1 Sam. 15:22) . The homeless goons that were harassing me

I'm sorry in one sense you had to go through that walk and talk yet like pastor Alistair beg has said it's the fiery trials that make us the season Christians that we are today ❗❗

Funny you mentioned the physical abuse and assaults . The other day I asked the guy to turn it down or just move his tent up a few feet he accused me of being a Russian spy and then sucked me in the face

So I called the police on them they came out took a report . He came back last night he harassed the store employee over @ Ralph the security guard had the pepper spray them. He and his girlfriend are completely psychotic but the police were here about 2 hours ago and took care of them as well as some others in the area . I do feel sorry for all of them to the point that I pray for their souls daily out here

Ironically 30 plus years ago I used to work in homeless ministry out in the Santa Monica and Venice Beach areas so I was no stranger to the streets all glory to Jesus Christ hallelujah ❗❗ s e l a h

homelesschristian

View Profile
Posted : 29 Feb, 2024 11:37 AM

Good afternoon saints of God

You can see from my nickname I am homeless here in Southern California and lately I have been having trouble with some other homeless out here . This is typical of Satan nothing new under the Sun

i won't for everybody and go into all the details we know that God knows the beginning to the end so just please stand in agreement with me that it comes to a peaceable end because blessed are the peacemakers

Praise Christ hallelujah ❗❗ s e l a h God always gets the glory

homelesschristian

View Profile
What does God see as Adultery?
Posted : 18 Feb, 2024 12:47 PM

Matthew 15:18 Those things which proceed out of the mouth come from the heart, and they defile a man: Jesus amplified the point first made in Matthew 15:11. We are defiled from the inside out rather than from the outside in, and this is particularly true of ceremonial things like foods.

i. Jesus boldly said that these evil things come from our innermost nature. They aren’t accidents or mere “mistakes”; they reveal how corrupt we are in our fallen nature. “The heart is the source of man’s true character, and therefore of his purity or impurity…it is not merely the seat of emotion, but the true person as he really is, not just as he appears outwardly.” (France)

ii. “‘Murders’ begin not with the dagger, but with the malice of the soul. ‘Adulteries and fornications’ are first gloated over in the heart before they are enacted by the body. The heart is the cage from whence these unclean birds fly forth.” (Spurgeon)

🌟🌟💡💡 So obviously the coveting thoughts of theft that never materialize physically wouldn't substantiate jail time in a human court of law

but in heavenly court before a heavenly judge that's another story

homelesschristian

View Profile
Posted : 18 Feb, 2024 10:17 AM

🌟🌟💡💡 Despite common misunderstanding, Jesus is not saying that all attraction is immediately sinful. The phrase used in Greek here is pros to epithymēsai autēn. This strongly implies something deliberate: an intentional, considered choice. "Noticing" that someone is attractive is not a sin; looking with sexual intent, fantasizing, or leering—what in English might be called "ogling"—certainly is. This phrase implies someone engaging their imagination in lust.

Some scholars suggest this phrase can also imply an additional possibility: looking at a woman in order to get her to lust. This would infer seduction: looking—or behaving—towards that person in a way that tempts them to inappropriate actions or thoughts. Whether that is the literal intent of Jesus' words here, the concept fits in the scheme of His overall point. The desire for adultery, even if it fails to succeed, is just as much a sin as accomplishing it. In either case, it's still about what is going on in the person's heart and not just the action.

Modern readers should also note that while Jesus phrases this—and other statements—using references to men and women, the spiritual principles apply to both sexes

homelesschristian

View Profile
🙂👍💯🇺🇸 in honor of president's day here's 22 very pro christian quotes from past presidents
Posted : 16 Feb, 2024 10:52 AM

“We have forgotten God. We have forgotten the gracious hand, which preserved us in peace and multiplied and enriched and strengthened us, and we have vainly imagined, in the deceitfulness of our hearts, that all these blessings were produced by some superior wisdom and virtue of our own. Intoxicated with unbroken success, we have become too self-sufficient to feel the necessity of redeeming and preserving grace, too proud to pray to the God that made us.” ~ Abraham Lincoln

About God’s Authority, Divinity & Providence

“It is impossible to rightly govern a nation without God and the Bible.” ~ George Washington

“The propitious smiles of Heaven can never be expected on a nation that disregards the eternal rules of order and right, which heaven itself has ordained.” ~ George Washington

“We recognize no sovereign but God, and no King but Jesus!” ~ John Adams

“We have staked the whole future of American civilization not on the power of government, far from it. We have staked the whole of our political institutions upon the capacity of mankind for self-government, upon the capacity of each and all of us to govern ourselves according to the commandments of God. The future and success of America is not in this Constitution, but in the laws of God upon which this Constitution is founded.” ~ James Madison

“Before any man can be considered as a member of civil society, he it must be considered as a subject of the Governor of the Universe. And to the same Divine Author of every good and perfect gift we are indebted for all those privileges and advantages, religious as well as civil, which are so richly enjoyed in this favored land.” ~ James Monroe

“Finally, it is my most fervent prayer to that Almighty Being before whom I now stand, and who has kept us in His hands from the infancy of our Republic unto the present day, that He will so overrule all my intentions and actions and inspire the hearts of my fellow-citizens that we may be preserved from dangers of all kinds and continue forever a united and happy people.” ~ Andrew Jackson

“If we ever forget that we are one nation under God, then we will be a nation gone under.” ~ Ronald Reagan

“The rights of man come not from the generosity of the state but from the hand of God.” ~ John F. Kennedy

“You can’t divorce religious belief and public service. . . I’ve never detected any conflict between God’s will and my political duty. If you violate one, you violate the other.” ~ James Earl Carter, Jr.

“If we ever forget that we are one nation under God, then we will be a nation gone under.” ~ Ronald Reagan

“We asked for God’s help; and now, in this shining outcome, in this magnificent triumph of good over evil, we should thank God.” ~ George H. W. Bush

“Each day millions of our citizens approach our Maker on bended knee, seeking His grace and giving thanks for the many blessings He bestows upon us.” ~ George W Bush

About the Bible

“The Bible is the first and almost the only book deserving of universal attention.” ~ John Quincy Adam

“My custom is to read four or five chapters of the Bible every morning immediately after rising. It seems to me the most suitable manner of beginning the day. It is an invaluable and inexhaustible mine of knowledge and virtue.” ~ John Quincy Adams

“I am profitably engaged in reading the Bible. Take all of this Book upon reason that you can, and the balance by faith, and you will live and die a better man.” ~ Abraham Lincoln

“A thorough knowledge of the Bible is worth more than a college education.” ~ Theodore Roosevelt

“The foundations of our society and our government rest so much on the teachings of the Bible that it would be difficult to support them if faith in these teachings would cease to be practically universal in our country.” ~ Calvin Coolidge

“The study of the Bible is a post-graduate course in the richest library of human experience.” ~ Hebert Hoover

“Of the many influences that have shaped the United States into a distinctive nation and people, none may be said to be more fundamental and enduring than the Bible.” ~ Ronald Reagan

About Christianity

“I consider a decent respect for Christianity among the best recommendations for public service.” ~ John Adams

“The reason that Christianity is the best friend of government is because Christianity is the only religion that changes the heart.” ~ Thomas Jefferson

“All must admit that the reception of the teachings of Christ results in the purest patriotism, in the most scrupulous fidelity to public trust, and in the best type of citizenship.” ~ Grover Cleveland

homelesschristian

View Profile
Posted : 15 Feb, 2024 11:44 AM

cheers 🎯🎯 that's right there will be no marriages in heaven ; this is it this life here hebrews 9:27 . Soon in a twinkling of an eye 1 Corinthians 15:52 we will change from the corruptible into the uncorruptible with brands spanking new bodies

homelesschristian

View Profile
🤔🤔 what are the essentials of the christian faith part 2 3 and 4❓❓
Posted : 14 Feb, 2024 03:11 PM

2. The Gospel – Man is Sinful and in Need of Salvation

All of mankind is sinful and has sinned against God. We are not inherently good. Instead since the sin of Adam all men are born with sin (Romans 3:10, 23).

It’s essential that every Christian believer understand that God is just and holy. He does not tolerate sin and that the punishment for sin is hell. God cannot allow sin to go unpunished (Romans 6:23).

However, God through His love, mercy and grace has made a provision for mankind to be saved from eternal punishment through His son Jesus Christ who became our substitute by paying for our sins on the Cross (John 3:16). Essentially, Jesus was punished for our sins on the Cross (1 Peter 2:12).

Therefore the genuine Christian must believe in the gospel of Jesus Christ which is the power of God for salvation (Romans 1:16).

3. Salvation is by the Grace of God Through Faith and Not by Works

Every genuine Christian must believe that salvation is by grace through faith in Christ (Ephesians 2:8-9; Titus 3:5-7).

Every genuine Christian must understand that our works or personal effort cannot save us. Only our saving faith in Jesus Christ as our Lord and Saviour can save us (John 1:12; Romans 10:9-11).

4. Salvation is Through Jesus Christ Alone

The genuine Christian must believe that salvation is through Jesus Christ alone. Jesus is the way the truth and the life and no one comes to the Father except through Christ (John 14:6).

There is no other religion, god or person by which anyone can be saved except through believing in Jesus Christ (Acts 4:12).

In Matthew 7:13-14 Jesus said: Enter through the narrow gate. For wide is the gate and broad is the road that leads to destruction, and many enter through it. But small is the gate and narrow the road that leads to life, and only a few find it.

Jesus is the only path to salvation. Without Christ there is no salvation. This doctrine is essential to everyone who hears the gospel and seeks a genuine relationship with God

Page : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10