Author Thread
DontHitThatMark

View Profile
Facts Seventh-day Adventists Won't Tell You
Posted : 29 Jun, 2015 12:48 PM

"I saw the state of the different churches since the second angel proclaimed their fall. They have been growing more and more corrupt; yet they bear the name of being Christ�s followers. It is impossible to distinguish them from the world. Their ministers take their text from the Word, but preach smooth things. The natural heart feels no objection to this. It is only the spirit and power of the truth, and the salvation of Christ, that is hateful to the carnal heart. There is nothing in the popular ministry that stirs the wrath of Satan, makes the sinner tremble, or applies to the heart and conscience the fearful realities of a judgment soon to come. Wicked men are generally pleased with a form without true godliness, and they will aid and support such a religion. Said the angel, Nothing less than the whole armor of righteousness can overcome, and retain the victory over the powers of darkness. Satan has taken full possession of the churches as a body. The sayings and doings of men are dwelt upon instead of the plain cutting truths of the word of God. Said the angel, The friendship and spirit of the world are at enmity with God. When truth in its simplicity and strength, as it is in Jesus, is brought to bear against the spirit of the world, it awakens the spirit of persecution at once. Many, very many, who profess to be Christians, have not known God. The character of the natural heart has not been changed, and the carnal mind remains at enmity with God. They are Satan�s own faithful servants, notwithstanding they have assumed another name. I saw that since Jesus had left the Holy place of the heavenly Sanctuary, and had entered within the second vail, the churches were left as were the Jews; and they have been filling up with every unclean and hateful bird. I saw great iniquity and vileness in the churches; yet they profess to be Christians. Their profession, their prayers and their exhortations, are an abomination in the sight of God. Said the angel, God will not smell in their assemblies. Selfishness, fraud and deceit are practiced by them without the reprovings of conscience. And over all these evil traits they throw the cloak of religion. I was shown the pride of the nominal churches. God was not in their thoughts; but their carnal minds dwell upon themselves. They decorate their poor mortal bodies, and then look upon themselves with satisfaction and pleasure. Jesus and the angels looked upon them in anger. Said the angel, Their sins and pride have reached unto heaven. Their portion is prepared. Justice and judgment have slumbered long, but will soon awake."

(Spiritual Gifts V.l,p.189-90)

I think most Christians would agree with this statement, and most Adventists would agree with it concerning the Adventist church itself. I want to point out that only quoting 9 words from two pages of text can lead to a misunderstanding of the context, and should be suspect when "websites" use such tactics. Again, try gaining some unbiased information from a credible source. You're making this way too easy for me.:rocknroll:

Just as an example of the truth of this statement, I don't even need to list the number of denominations that support homosexuality to the point of allowing someone of the LGBT community to pastor a church. That's a small offense compared to some of the doctrinal footwork that leads up to changes like that. Anyway, I don't think anyone would argue that a church such as the one described in those paragraphs would be an abomination in the sight of God, and that churches like that exist in every denomination.

"Seventh-day Adventists, in the early days, denied the Trinity, but now they accept it. However, they have "leftovers" from this heresy. Ellen G. White wrote in Patriarchs and Prophets, page 761, "...He (Jesus) was revealed to them as the Angel of Jehovah, the Captain of the Lord's Host, Michael the Archangel"."

Who was Jesus before He was named Jesus 2000 years ago?

Archangel is translated as "chief messenger".

Malachi 3 Behold, I will send my messenger, and he shall prepare the way before me: and the LORD, whom ye seek, shall suddenly come to his temple, even the messenger of the covenant, whom ye delight in: behold, he shall come, saith the LORD of hosts.

John 12:49 For I have not spoken of myself; but the Father which sent me, he gave me a commandment, what I should say, and what I should speak.

Genesis 22:11-12, "And the angel of the LORD called unto him out of heaven, and said, Abraham, Abraham: and he said, Here am I. And he said, Lay not thine hand upon the lad, neither do thou any thing unto him: for now I know that thou fearest God, seeing thou hast not withheld thy son, thine only son from me."

Genesis 31:11-13, "And the angel of God spake unto me in a dream, saying, Jacob: And I said, Here am I. And he said, Lift up now thine eyes, and see, all the rams which leap upon the cattle are ringstraked, speckled, and grisled: for I have seen all that Laban doeth unto thee. I am the God of Bethel, where thou anointedst the pillar, and where thou vowedst a vow unto me: now arise, get thee out from this land, and return unto the land of thy kindred."

Genesis 32:30, "And Jacob called the name of the place Peniel: for I have seen God face to face, and my life is preserved."

Jude 1:9

Yet Michael the archangel, when contending with the devil he disputed about the body of Moses, durst not bring against him a railing accusation, but said, The Lord rebuke thee.

Zachariah 3

1 And he shewed me Joshua the high priest standing before the angel of the Lord, and Satan standing at his right hand to resist him. 2 And the Lord said unto Satan, The Lord rebuke thee, O Satan; even the Lord that hath chosen Jerusalem rebuke thee: is not this a brand plucked out of the fire?

John 5:37 And the Father himself, which hath sent me, hath borne witness of me. Ye have neither heard his voice at any time, nor seen his shape.

1 Thessalonians 4:16 For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first:

John 5:26, 28, 29 For as the Father hath life in himself; so hath he given to the Son to have life in himself. � Marvel not at this: for the hour is coming, in the which all that are in the graves shall hear his voice, And shall come forth.

Daniel 12:1 And at that time shall Michael stand up, the great prince which standeth for the children of thy people:

Acts 5:30,31 The God of our fathers raised up Jesus, whom ye slew and hanged on a tree. Him hath God exalted with his right hand to be a Prince and a Saviour, for to give repentance to Israel, and forgiveness of sins.

Revelation 1:5 And from Jesus Christ, who is the faithful witness, and the first begotten of the dead, and the prince of the kings of the earth. Unto him that loved us, and washed us from our sins in his own blood,

Adventists simply believe that Michael and Jesus are one and the same, the eternal son of God, the commander of the armies of heaven, one of the 3 in the God-head. It is possible to have it both ways, especially if the bible pretty much spells it out, and I'll have you notice that no Ellen White was quoted.

And yes, we do have a mediator in Jesus Christ, and no, the mark of the beast is obeying men rather than God. It's possible to be obedient to God's law, and it's possible to enter into Christ's rest. Either one will help you avoid the mark of the beast. The ones who are weak in the faith will keep the 4th commandment, the ones who are strong in the faith will enter into Christ's rest. The point is, that when a law comes down from an earthly government to observe Sunday as the only day of worship, both groups will not receive the mark of the beast. One group will say "we must not transgress God's law", and one group say "you can't force us to worship according to your man-made laws, we have entered Christ's rest", both groups will be obedient to God.

Just as an example of your false prophet claim, there are prophets in the bible such as balaam, jonah, and miriam. They were used by God to deliver messages to His people. They were most obviously not perfect. Balaam was given a message by God, but eventually died with the heathens. Jonah tried to run away from God, and afterward was angry that God didn't destroy Nineveh, effectively making him a false prophet. Miriam was a prophetess who was stricken with leprosy because she tried to usurp Moses's authority. The idea of a perfect human being that never speaks error and always tells the truth, and whatever they say must come to pass, is not in the bible. That comes from the papal idea about infallibility. There is only one who is perfect. Not everything Ellen White wrote about was prophecy or %100 correct, that's why we still compare all prophecy to scripture. However, if Balaam came against you with a message from God, and you ignored him because every word wasn't "gospel perfect", you're in danger of rejecting God's messengers.

1 Kings 13:18

18He said unto him, I am a prophet also as thou art; and an angel spake unto me by the word of the LORD, saying, Bring him back with thee into thine house, that he may eat bread and drink water. But he lied unto him. 19So he went back with him, and did eat bread in his house, and drank water. 20And it came to pass, as they sat at the table, that the word of the LORD came unto the prophet that brought him back: 21And he cried unto the man of God that came from Judah, saying, Thus saith the LORD, Forasmuch as thou hast disobeyed the mouth of the LORD, and hast not kept the commandment which the LORD thy God commanded thee, 22But camest back, and hast eaten bread and drunk water in the place, of the which the LORD did say to thee, Eat no bread, and drink no water; thy carcase shall not come unto the sepulchre of thy fathers. 23And it came to pass, after he had eaten bread, and after he had drunk, that he saddled for him the donkey, to wit, for the prophet whom he had brought back. 24And when he was gone, a lion met him by the way, and slew him: and his carcase was cast in the way, and the donkey stood by it, the lion also stood by the carcase. 25And, behold, men passed by, and saw the carcase cast in the way, and the lion standing by the carcase: and they came and told it in the city where the old prophet dwelt.

Martin Luther, John Calvin, etc. All great reformers given inspiration by God. Most of them would be considered heretics by today's protestants, and they would consider us heretics, maybe even try to have us executed. As far as reformers and prophets go, Ellen White was instrumental in helping to found a church with a medical and evangelism ministry that is second only to the catholic church, which is almost 100 times larger. Yes, there are crazies in the Adventist church, just like all other churches. There is a focus on non-important divisive doctrines just like other churches. Most importantly, try learning about SDA from a non-biased source sometime. Also, you are slinging the same attacks at SDA as you accuse them of slinging at everybody else. Not exactly constructive, and I notice you don't seem to want to take the time to respond to my posts about how un-christ-like your approach is.

:peace::peace:

DontHitThatMark

View Profile
Former Seventh-day Adventist Pastor for 13 Years Gives His Testimony Why Adventism is Wrong
Posted : 26 Jun, 2015 06:56 AM

*Do you think I'd hold value in anything you have to say?

Again, that should not matter. Whatever you think of my beliefs, Christianity is about spreading truth and love, being long-suffering as God was and is long-suffering toward you. I'm willing to admit that you may be perfectly correct in everything you're saying, however, the way you're saying it right now discredits your words in my opinion. By their fruits you will know them, and right now, you're displaying the fruits of the unmerciful servant, the one that was forgiven much but has no patience or mercy for anyone else that's not as smart as you are.

1 Cor. 13

1Though I speak with the tongues of men and of angels, and have not charity, I am become as sounding brass, or a tinkling cymbal. 2And though I have the gift of prophecy, and understand all mysteries, and all knowledge; and though I have all faith, so that I could remove mountains, and have not charity, I am nothing. 3And though I bestow all my goods to feed the poor, and though I give my body to be burned, and have not charity, it profiteth me nothing. 4Charity suffereth long, and is kind; charity envieth not; charity vaunteth not itself, is not puffed up, 5Doth not behave itself unseemly, seeketh not her own, is not easily provoked, thinketh no evil; 6Rejoiceth not in iniquity, but rejoiceth in the truth; 7Beareth all things, believeth all things, hopeth all things, endureth all things. 8Charity never faileth: but whether there be prophecies, they shall fail; whether there be tongues, they shall cease; whether there be knowledge, it shall vanish away.

*You claim Christ but yet you stay under a roof of wolves?

Christ Himself stayed under a roof of wolves, but this would be assuming you're right about my church, and I know you are not. I've known the people in my church all my life. They are very devout, very loving, and a little misguided at times, just like everybody else. They are not free masons bent on spreading the lies of Satan, and even if they are, it is ABSOLUTELY your christian duty to portray Christ to them and try to rescue them from the snares of the devil, not to accuse and ignore them. Christ spent his entire ministry trying to get the attention of a people who were trying to kill him. He healed them, loved them, converted them, even while condemning their erroneous beliefs, he at the very least answered their questions and tried to teach them the truth. Even with the pharisees!

*Loving Christ means departing from all that does not HONOR and GLORIFY HIM.

So when Christ, our example, came to this world...he was dishonoring God by coming near to people who disobeyed and hated God? I don't really understand what you mean here, it doesn't sound like you're talking about the same Christ that gave the gospel commission and sent His disciples to the pagan gentiles. "I do not ask that you take them out of the world, but that you keep them from the evil one."

*You have not done done have you? You still wear the banner proudly. I KNEW YOU WOULD BE FIRST TO RESPOND!! But I didnt post this for your benefit.

Wow, you're a prophet!! That's fine, that's absolutely what I'd like you to do. At the very least, stand against what you think is wrong, but for Christ's sake and for the people around you, don't ignore it or just say IT'S BAD. You must exhort and teach so that you don't let confusion spread, that is the first duty of Christians. I teach at my SDA church, and I regularly try to correct misguided doctrines in my church, and they regularly agree with me. If you teach me truth, I will gladly teach it to them.

2 Tim. 2

And the servant of the Lord must not strive; but be gentle unto all men, apt to teach, patient, 25In meekness instructing those that oppose themselves; if God peradventure will give them repentance to the acknowledging of the truth; 26And that they may recover themselves out of the snare of the devil, who are taken captive by him at his will.

DontHitThatMark

View Profile
Movie Of The Week!!
Posted : 26 Jun, 2015 06:55 AM

*Do you think I'd hold value in anything you have to say?

Again, that should not matter. Whatever you think of my beliefs, Christianity is about spreading truth and love, being long-suffering as God was and is long-suffering toward you. I'm willing to admit that you may be perfectly correct in everything you're saying, however, the way you're saying it right now discredits your words in my opinion. By their fruits you will know them, and right now, you're displaying the fruits of the unmerciful servant, the one that was forgiven much but has no patience or mercy for anyone else that's not as smart as you are.

1 Cor. 13

1Though I speak with the tongues of men and of angels, and have not charity, I am become as sounding brass, or a tinkling cymbal. 2And though I have the gift of prophecy, and understand all mysteries, and all knowledge; and though I have all faith, so that I could remove mountains, and have not charity, I am nothing. 3And though I bestow all my goods to feed the poor, and though I give my body to be burned, and have not charity, it profiteth me nothing. 4Charity suffereth long, and is kind; charity envieth not; charity vaunteth not itself, is not puffed up, 5Doth not behave itself unseemly, seeketh not her own, is not easily provoked, thinketh no evil; 6Rejoiceth not in iniquity, but rejoiceth in the truth; 7Beareth all things, believeth all things, hopeth all things, endureth all things. 8Charity never faileth: but whether there be prophecies, they shall fail; whether there be tongues, they shall cease; whether there be knowledge, it shall vanish away.

*You claim Christ but yet you stay under a roof of wolves?

Christ Himself stayed under a roof of wolves, but this would be assuming you're right about my church, and I know you are not. I've known the people in my church all my life. They are very devout, very loving, and a little misguided at times, just like everybody else. They are not free masons bent on spreading the lies of Satan, and even if they are, it is ABSOLUTELY your christian duty to portray Christ to them and try to rescue them from the snares of the devil, not to accuse and ignore them. Christ spent his entire ministry trying to get the attention of a people who were trying to kill him. He healed them, loved them, converted them, even while condemning their erroneous beliefs, he at the very least answered their questions and tried to teach them the truth. Even with the pharisees!

*Loving Christ means departing from all that does not HONOR and GLORIFY HIM.

So when Christ, our example, came to this world...he was dishonoring God by coming near to people who disobeyed and hated God? I don't really understand what you mean here, it doesn't sound like you're talking about the same Christ that gave the gospel commission and sent His disciples to the pagan gentiles. "I do not ask that you take them out of the world, but that you keep them from the evil one."

*You have not done done have you? You still wear the banner proudly. I KNEW YOU WOULD BE FIRST TO RESPOND!! But I didnt post this for your benefit.

Wow, you're a prophet!! That's fine, that's absolutely what I'd like you to do. At the very least, stand against what you think is wrong, but for Christ's sake and for the people around you, don't ignore it or just say IT'S BAD. You must exhort and teach so that you don't let confusion spread, that is the first duty of Christians. I teach at my SDA church, and I regularly try to correct misguided doctrines in my church, and they regularly agree with me. If you teach me truth, I will gladly teach it to them.

2 Tim. 2

And the servant of the Lord must not strive; but be gentle unto all men, apt to teach, patient, 25In meekness instructing those that oppose themselves; if God peradventure will give them repentance to the acknowledging of the truth; 26And that they may recover themselves out of the snare of the devil, who are taken captive by him at his will.

DontHitThatMark

View Profile
Matthew 21:44
Posted : 26 Jun, 2015 06:54 AM

42Jesus saith unto them, Did ye never read in the scriptures, The stone which the builders rejected, the same is become the head of the corner: this is the Lord's doing, and it is marvellous in our eyes?

43Therefore say I unto you, The kingdom of God shall be taken from you, and given to a nation bringing forth the fruits thereof. 44And whosoever shall fall on this stone shall be broken: but on whomsoever it shall fall, it will grind him to powder.

It may be just a translation thing, it's just strange to me that it talks about taking the kingdom and giving to someone else who will bear fruit, and the word "but" is used. Makes it sound like a pro/con kind of argument. Kind of like the rock/sand parable.

24 �Everyone then who hears these words of mine and does them will be like a wise man who built his house on the rock. 25 And the rain fell, and the floods came, and the winds blew and beat on that house, but it did not fall, because it had been founded on the rock. 26 And everyone who hears these words of mine and does not do them will be like a foolish man who built his house on the sand. 27 And the rain fell, and the floods came, and the winds blew and beat against that house, and it fell, and great was the fall of it.�

Your interpretation makes sense, it just kind of sounds like Jesus is talking about the conversion experience when we "fall" on him and "die to self", we must be broken before made into new creatures, etc. Maybe I'm making it too complicated.

DontHitThatMark

View Profile
Matthew 21:44
Posted : 25 Jun, 2015 06:48 AM

"And whosoever shall fall on this stone shall be broken: but on whomsoever it shall fall, it will grind him to powder."

I'm just wondering what everyone thinks about this verse. I assume that the stone is Christ, so what is being broken when we "fall" on him, and what is being ground to powder when he "falls" on us?

DontHitThatMark

View Profile
What is the most important thing as a Christian?
Posted : 25 Jun, 2015 06:46 AM

Just to clarify what I think that means, we are not only to follow Jesus and try to do what He did. Judas followed Jesus. Peter denied Jesus. The christian experience is about CHANGING into a new creature, changing how you think, what you value, your whole reality from slavery and into freedom for freedoms sake!

"If the Son therefore shall make you free, ye shall be free indeed."

"It was for freedom that Christ set us free; therefore keep standing firm and do not be subject again to a yoke of slavery."

DontHitThatMark

View Profile
What is the most important thing as a Christian?
Posted : 25 Jun, 2015 06:37 AM

"Let this mind be in you, which was also in Christ Jesus"

DontHitThatMark

View Profile
Former Seventh-day Adventist Pastor for 13 Years Gives His Testimony Why Adventism is Wrong
Posted : 25 Jun, 2015 06:26 AM

I was able to find these quote by Ellen White and SDA leaders in 5 minutes. Any membership in a secret society is strongly discouraged, including free masonry. After being a SDA for my entire life, I've been exposed to many of these "websites" and "credible sources". It may be more beneficial for you to research these things yourself instead of simply trusting whatever the internet says. And I have a question to pose for you. Which is the safest? The church that you never hear anything bad about, or one that is slandered and misrepresented constantly. Personally, I would choose the one that is under attack by false accusations and lies. The one Satan hates is the one he attacks.

Those who stand under the bloodstained banner of Prince Immanuel cannot be united with the Free Masons or with any secret organization. The seal of the living God will not be placed upon anyone who maintains such a connection after the light of truth has shone upon his pathway. Christ is not divided, and Christians cannot serve God and mammon. The Lord says, �Come out from among them, and be ye separate, ... and touch not the unclean thing; and I will receive you, and will be a Father unto you, and ye shall be My sons and daughters, saith the Lord Almighty� (2 Corinthians 6:17, 18).�EGW Letter 21, 1893. 2SM 140.1

The world is a theater; the actors, its inhabitants, are preparing to act their part in the last great drama. With the great masses of mankind, there is no unity, except as men confederate to accomplish their selfish purposes. God is looking on. His purposes in regard to His rebellious subjects will be fulfilled. The world has not been given into the hands of men, though God is permitting the elements of confusion and disorder to bear sway for a season. A power from beneath is working to bring about the last great scenes in the drama,--Satan coming as Christ, and working with all deceivableness of unrighteousness in those who are binding themselves together in secret societies. Those who are yielding to the passion for confederation are working out the plans of the enemy. The cause will be followed by the effect.--Testimonies, vol. 8, pp. 27, 28. {ChS 50.1}

As we near the close of time, there will be greater and still greater external parade of heathen power; heathen deities will manifest their signal power, and will exhibit themselves before the cities of the world, and this delineation has already begun to be fulfilled. By a variety of images the Lord Jesus represented to John the wicked character and seductive influence of those who have been distinguished for their persecution of God�s people. All need wisdom carefully to search out the mystery of iniquity that figures so largely in the winding up of this earth�s history. God�s presentation of the detestable works of the inhabitants of the ruling powers of the world who bind themselves into **secret societies and confederacies**, not honoring the law of God, should enable the people who have the light of truth to keep clear of all these evils. More and more will all false religionists of the world manifest their evil doings; for there are but two parties, those who keep the commandments of God and those who war against God�s holy law.�Manuscript 139, 1903, 5, 6.

"Those who stand under the blood-stained banner of Prince Immanuel cannot be united with the Free Masons or with any secret organization. The seal of the living God will not be placed upon anyone who maintains such a connection after the light of truth has shone upon his pathway. Christ is not divided, and Christians cannot serve God and mammon. The Lord says, "Come out from among them, and be ye separate, . . . and touch not the unclean thing; and I will receive you, and I will be a Father unto you, and ye shall be My sons and My daughters, saith the Lord Almighty."--Letter 21, 1893. {Ellen Gould White, Evangelism p. 622.1}

"The boasted universality of masonry makes it necessary to exclude the name of Christ from prayers, otherwise they would be fitted only for a class, and hence be local and not general. He who joins in a prayer where the name of Christ is intentionally omitted to gratify another whodenies Christ, certainly compromises his christianity, and "has denied the faith." This should lead every Christian to avoid such a connection." J. H. W. {September 15, 1859 UrSe, ARSH 132.14}

"Such to us are secret societies. The only safe position we see to avoid this net of Satan, is to flee from the first step in that direction, enter not the first of these secret associations, lest you sin against God and are drawn deeper and deeper into the allurements and follies of the world. We would say in conclusion that we have consulted with many of the ministers and leading brethren of Seventh-day Adventists, and the view of secret societies herein advanced, so far as we can learn, is that invariably entertained by them." (John. Byington, J. N. Loughborough, Geo. W. Amadon. General Conference Comittee) {August 9, 1864 UrSe, The Advent Review and Sabbath Herald 87.19}

"First. Christ, our Master, neither instituted nor countenanced these Orders.

Secondly. In those rites, proceedings, and regalia which do appear, these Orders are frivolous, belittling, and unworthy of respect.

Thirdly. These Orders stand convicted of deceit and falsehood.

Fourthly. These Orders are unfriendly to domestic happiness and well-being.

Fifthly. These Orders are hostile to the heavenly mindedness, to the spirituality of those who join them.

Sixthly. These Orders tend to destroy Christian fellowship.

Seventhly. These Orders tend to subject the Church to "the world" in some of its dearest interests.

Eighthly. These Orders dishonor Christ.

Ninthly. These Orders-the things note alleged against them being true-impede the cause and kingdom of God, and are, therefore, hostile to the largest, best, and deepest interests of mankind." (May 8, 1866 UrSe, ARSH 178.4)

"Shall Christians join secret societies? Will it pay? Are they under obligation to do so? Is it right? Fellow-disciple, brother man, have you doubt on these questions? If it will not pay; if you are under no obligation to do it; if you have any doubt of its rightfulness, it is most assuredly your duty to refuse any connection with them." {May 8, 1866 UrSe, ARSH 178.6}

"A new Spiritualist journal called The Unknown World, has just made its appearance. In order that our readers may know from its adherents just what Spiritualism embraces, we make the following extract from the prospectus of the journal, most of the words of which we think they will be able to comprehend:-

'The department of occult science embraced by the present editorial scheme are: White and Black Magic, Necromancy, Divination, Astrology, Alchemy, Witchcraft, Crystallomancy, Elementals and Elementaries, the Rosicrucians, the Illuminati, Esoteric, Freemasonry, the Mysteries, the Mystics, Hermetic Philosophy, the Arch?ology of the Secret Sciences.'

We do not know if the above is the whole of the Spiritualist family, but it is sufficiently large." {September 6, 1894 EJW, PTUK 562.3}

Christians must sever every tie that binds them to these secret orders that are not under the control of God. They cannot be loyal to these organizations and loyal to God. Either the connection with these bodies must be severed or you will assimilate more closely to them, and as the result will come to unite more fully with them, and will sever the ties that bind you to those who love and fear God. The Christian will abandon those things which are a hindrance to his spirituality, be the sacrifice ever so great. Better lose money, possessions, and life itself, than to imperil the vital interests of the soul.(SELECTED MESSAGES BOOK 2, PAGE 132)

This guy has a good set of videos on the subject as well.

http://www.ellenwhiteanswers.org/answers/mischarges/were-the-founders-of-seventh-day-adventistism-free-masons/

DontHitThatMark

View Profile
Movie Of The Week!!
Posted : 25 Jun, 2015 06:25 AM

I was able to find these quote by Ellen White and SDA leaders in 5 minutes. Any membership in a secret society is strongly discouraged, including free masonry. After being a SDA for my entire life, I've been exposed to many of these "websites" and "credible sources". It may be more beneficial for you to research these things yourself instead of simply trusting whatever the internet says. And I have a question to pose for you. Which is the safest? The church that you never hear anything bad about, or one that is slandered and misrepresented constantly. Personally, I would choose the one that is under attack by false accusations and lies. The one Satan hates is the one he attacks.

Those who stand under the bloodstained banner of Prince Immanuel cannot be united with the Free Masons or with any secret organization. The seal of the living God will not be placed upon anyone who maintains such a connection after the light of truth has shone upon his pathway. Christ is not divided, and Christians cannot serve God and mammon. The Lord says, �Come out from among them, and be ye separate, ... and touch not the unclean thing; and I will receive you, and will be a Father unto you, and ye shall be My sons and daughters, saith the Lord Almighty� (2 Corinthians 6:17, 18).�EGW Letter 21, 1893. 2SM 140.1

The world is a theater; the actors, its inhabitants, are preparing to act their part in the last great drama. With the great masses of mankind, there is no unity, except as men confederate to accomplish their selfish purposes. God is looking on. His purposes in regard to His rebellious subjects will be fulfilled. The world has not been given into the hands of men, though God is permitting the elements of confusion and disorder to bear sway for a season. A power from beneath is working to bring about the last great scenes in the drama,--Satan coming as Christ, and working with all deceivableness of unrighteousness in those who are binding themselves together in secret societies. Those who are yielding to the passion for confederation are working out the plans of the enemy. The cause will be followed by the effect.--Testimonies, vol. 8, pp. 27, 28. {ChS 50.1}

As we near the close of time, there will be greater and still greater external parade of heathen power; heathen deities will manifest their signal power, and will exhibit themselves before the cities of the world, and this delineation has already begun to be fulfilled. By a variety of images the Lord Jesus represented to John the wicked character and seductive influence of those who have been distinguished for their persecution of God�s people. All need wisdom carefully to search out the mystery of iniquity that figures so largely in the winding up of this earth�s history. God�s presentation of the detestable works of the inhabitants of the ruling powers of the world who bind themselves into **secret societies and confederacies**, not honoring the law of God, should enable the people who have the light of truth to keep clear of all these evils. More and more will all false religionists of the world manifest their evil doings; for there are but two parties, those who keep the commandments of God and those who war against God�s holy law.�Manuscript 139, 1903, 5, 6.

"Those who stand under the blood-stained banner of Prince Immanuel cannot be united with the Free Masons or with any secret organization. The seal of the living God will not be placed upon anyone who maintains such a connection after the light of truth has shone upon his pathway. Christ is not divided, and Christians cannot serve God and mammon. The Lord says, "Come out from among them, and be ye separate, . . . and touch not the unclean thing; and I will receive you, and I will be a Father unto you, and ye shall be My sons and My daughters, saith the Lord Almighty."--Letter 21, 1893. {Ellen Gould White, Evangelism p. 622.1}

"The boasted universality of masonry makes it necessary to exclude the name of Christ from prayers, otherwise they would be fitted only for a class, and hence be local and not general. He who joins in a prayer where the name of Christ is intentionally omitted to gratify another whodenies Christ, certainly compromises his christianity, and "has denied the faith." This should lead every Christian to avoid such a connection." J. H. W. {September 15, 1859 UrSe, ARSH 132.14}

"Such to us are secret societies. The only safe position we see to avoid this net of Satan, is to flee from the first step in that direction, enter not the first of these secret associations, lest you sin against God and are drawn deeper and deeper into the allurements and follies of the world. We would say in conclusion that we have consulted with many of the ministers and leading brethren of Seventh-day Adventists, and the view of secret societies herein advanced, so far as we can learn, is that invariably entertained by them." (John. Byington, J. N. Loughborough, Geo. W. Amadon. General Conference Comittee) {August 9, 1864 UrSe, The Advent Review and Sabbath Herald 87.19}

"First. Christ, our Master, neither instituted nor countenanced these Orders.

Secondly. In those rites, proceedings, and regalia which do appear, these Orders are frivolous, belittling, and unworthy of respect.

Thirdly. These Orders stand convicted of deceit and falsehood.

Fourthly. These Orders are unfriendly to domestic happiness and well-being.

Fifthly. These Orders are hostile to the heavenly mindedness, to the spirituality of those who join them.

Sixthly. These Orders tend to destroy Christian fellowship.

Seventhly. These Orders tend to subject the Church to "the world" in some of its dearest interests.

Eighthly. These Orders dishonor Christ.

Ninthly. These Orders-the things note alleged against them being true-impede the cause and kingdom of God, and are, therefore, hostile to the largest, best, and deepest interests of mankind." (May 8, 1866 UrSe, ARSH 178.4)

"Shall Christians join secret societies? Will it pay? Are they under obligation to do so? Is it right? Fellow-disciple, brother man, have you doubt on these questions? If it will not pay; if you are under no obligation to do it; if you have any doubt of its rightfulness, it is most assuredly your duty to refuse any connection with them." {May 8, 1866 UrSe, ARSH 178.6}

"A new Spiritualist journal called The Unknown World, has just made its appearance. In order that our readers may know from its adherents just what Spiritualism embraces, we make the following extract from the prospectus of the journal, most of the words of which we think they will be able to comprehend:-

'The department of occult science embraced by the present editorial scheme are: White and Black Magic, Necromancy, Divination, Astrology, Alchemy, Witchcraft, Crystallomancy, Elementals and Elementaries, the Rosicrucians, the Illuminati, Esoteric, Freemasonry, the Mysteries, the Mystics, Hermetic Philosophy, the Arch?ology of the Secret Sciences.'

We do not know if the above is the whole of the Spiritualist family, but it is sufficiently large." {September 6, 1894 EJW, PTUK 562.3}

Christians must sever every tie that binds them to these secret orders that are not under the control of God. They cannot be loyal to these organizations and loyal to God. Either the connection with these bodies must be severed or you will assimilate more closely to them, and as the result will come to unite more fully with them, and will sever the ties that bind you to those who love and fear God. The Christian will abandon those things which are a hindrance to his spirituality, be the sacrifice ever so great. Better lose money, possessions, and life itself, than to imperil the vital interests of the soul.(SELECTED MESSAGES BOOK 2, PAGE 132)

This guy has a good set of videos on the subject as well.

http://www.ellenwhiteanswers.org/answers/mischarges/were-the-founders-of-seventh-day-adventistism-free-masons/

DontHitThatMark

View Profile
Sabbath 6/20/15 Daytona SDB Church Pastor Wray sermon �The Landmine of Fear�
Posted : 25 Jun, 2015 05:08 AM

Romans 14:10

"But why dost thou judge thy brother? or why dost thou set at nought thy brother? for we shall all stand before the judgment seat of Christ."

I'm afraid you don't know me or my religion, if you did, you might at least treat me like someone who wants to do the same will of the same God, but who God might be leading in a different path than you. Maybe God put me here to change the Adventists minds with the truth that you're supposed to share with me. But if you decide that silence and condemnation are better approaches, then perhaps your religion is the false one.

Page : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10