Author Thread
chozen2b

View Profile
Dating mulitple persons...
Posted : 6 Mar, 2009 05:57 PM

I would say as long as you can keep everybody straight (meaning no mix up in details about each person, you�re honest and it�s mutually agreeable then it�s a go.

chozen2b

View Profile
NOW THAT YOU SURVIVED�.
Posted : 6 Mar, 2009 05:51 PM

Leon thanks for your kind words!

chozen2b

View Profile
NOW THAT YOU SURVIVED�.
Posted : 6 Mar, 2009 05:50 PM

Alex, I definitely will be praying for you. I believe that Tandy gave you some great advice. I understand about the wondering why and playing things over and over again in your head. I remember a time in my life that my constant prayer was Lord help me to be better not bitter (many times I prayed in tears) and little by little that�s what he done for me. It didn�t happen overnight and not even in a couple months but I really am better now. The sting is gone from what used to hurt. There comes a point in all of our lives where we are seemingly alone but I would say draw close to God during this period. Tell him exactly what you�re feeling because he really can handle it. If you have to keep a journal to express your feelings do that. Read your word. So from SURVIVOR to another, I say you can make it and your latter will be greater than anything you�ve experienced before.

Chozen

chozen2b

View Profile
Where are the Virtuous LADIES
Posted : 6 Mar, 2009 05:38 PM

Where are the virtuous women? Brother Mike, I would like to think there are virtuous woman all around, yet many are often overlook, such is the case of good men. Looking at the Proverbs 31 woman can be some what intimidating because the girl really has her stuff together. She�s learned how to have real balance in her life. Would I consider myself a virtuous woman? Yes, although I�m not as diversified as she, I try to have integrity in my relationships with others, work hard, and be a responsible steward of the gifts, talents, abilities, and resources that God has given. I try to walk in obedience to God�s word. What I like most about the description of this Proverbs 31 woman is that it speaks nothing of her physical characteristics but all about her character. You can find this woman in any race, shape or size. I think that we subconsciously attract what we feel we deserve or what is familiar. And by no means are we bashing men, I salute all my good Christian brothers; however, in my little part of the world I don�t come across masses of them but I do believe they exist.

chozen2b

View Profile
is it all about money?
Posted : 6 Mar, 2009 05:16 PM

Re: It doesn't matter to me how much or how little she makes as long as the other "more important" things are right.

I agree just look for someone who has that same belief about you.

chozen2b

View Profile
am I not ready?
Posted : 6 Mar, 2009 05:14 PM

Who is to say that you're doing anything wrong per say. Could just be a matter of timing. While you wait enjoy fellowshipping with other believers and you just might find the one you're looking for when/where you least expect it.

chozen2b

View Profile
NOW THAT YOU SURVIVED�.
Posted : 6 Mar, 2009 05:54 AM

�Go ahead and thrive. For most of us we don�t have to look back too far to recognize something that we lost. Whether it is the death of a relationship, marriage, ministry, loved one, or dream, we all had something to die. Many times during the process, we feel as if we ourselves just might die as well. But today�s challenge is to just look back for a moment. If the lost happened any day but today and you�re still here, you have SURVIVED. You survived the breakup, a bad childhood, the church split, the abusive relationship or whatever else your �IT� may be. You SURVIVED and survival is no small feat only a mighty God could have sustained you. However, don�t get stuck in survival mode � doing what�s necessary from day to day but there is no real satisfaction or joy. Life is just bland. As with any loss, grief is a normal process but just as God spoke to Joshua in Joshua 1:2, after the death of Moses that he must get up and move on with the journey (my paraphrase), so must you and I. Because God didn�t mean for us just to exist/survive but thrive, He sent His son, Jesus, that we might have life and life more abundantly according to John 10:10. Anything that was lost along the way was not necessary to your destiny.

I know we heard it before but it was on my mind as I aroused this morning and there�s nothing like when God illuminates His Word to you.

Your sister in Christ,

Chozen

chozen2b

View Profile
is it all about money?
Posted : 5 Mar, 2009 05:30 PM

Yes, I would like to think there are plenty of us around. In today's time most women have careers and therefore money of their own. While money issues is one of the top reasons marriages fail according to statistics, I believe true Christian women know that money is not the foundation in which to build a relationship. Would you be comfortable dating/marrying a woman that makes more than you might be question you want to ponder.

chozen2b

View Profile
Would you rather be Sarah or Ruth?
Posted : 3 Mar, 2009 07:43 PM

Bruce, I was one of those who viewed your post with the intention of giving it more thought because I didn't have a clear answer at the time. I didn't think it was distasteful/too obvious but thought provoking. I think both Sara and Ruth provide us woman with examples of good quality traits so I find it hard to choose.

chozen2b

View Profile
What kind of man do you want? Real or Wimp?
Posted : 3 Mar, 2009 07:33 PM

Leon, is this a trick question???? Of course REAL women want a REAL man-one that knows his God given role and walks in it, which frees us to do the same.

By the way good tip to the men about taking initiate. It kind of makes me wonder if a man is unable to take lead in simply contacting a woman, how can he/will he be able to lead a family. However, I know no one wants to be rejected.

Your sister in Christ

Page : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10