Author Thread
1mountain

View Profile
Just a thought about...Does a Country matters in Love?
Posted : 25 Nov, 2015 12:29 AM

Ha ha people don't have cars there no that's Vietnam. One of my three {hillippine friends has a nice car. As for Vietnamese having cars to drive, look up "Top Gear Vietnam" and watch that episode. Everywhere in the world they've ever gone and done a challenge they always had cars but they couldn't afford them there.

To my mind the country where someone comes from matters primarially in the sense of what sort of government they are under and the weather.

All of us experience racism, even me a 'white' guy in the US. I've experienced racism against me, sexism, discrimination because I have a beard and long hair. We all experience it to some level in our lives. Take it as a reflection of the person discriminating and judging. As Christians we are told not to judge others.

I do think however that the ethnic makeup of the person you are considering getting into a relationship that could lead to marriage matters. I had someone on here accusing me of being a racist because of that. Romantic relationships are different, you are choosing who your children will come from and what they will look like and what blood types they will have and stuff. Genetics is a very important consideration.

1mountain

View Profile
free genealogy
Posted : 25 Sep, 2015 11:51 PM

Hey folks I don't want to sound like I'm promoting anything here but a cousin told me about this genealogy web site the other day which is totally free. It's built around the idea of wikipedia in that all content is user made. They are trying to merge everybody on earth into a single massive family tree.

http://www.wikitree.com/

For anyone interested in genealogy and not wanting to pay for access to records it's worth a look. I simply refuse to pay for stuff like that. Just posting this here for anybody who's interested in genealogy in the spirit of free web sites. God bless.

1mountain

View Profile
pore over
Posted : 1 Sep, 2015 11:25 PM

@ Mark

Yes I think you're right. Has anyone heard about the studies that show that loudmouth people with hot opinions that are wrong will lead groups to their side over people who are actually knowledgeable? It's sad but I have experienced such things at work, where my voice is outvoted because another will talk persuasively and then they find out I war right.

1mountain

View Profile
Do animals go to Heaven?
Posted : 11 Aug, 2015 10:51 PM

@ sweethumblepie

That is a very bad translation of the scriptures. It reads the lion (Jesus) shall lie down with the lamb (Jesus) which is simply Jesus and the 'marriage' of the two in the Lamb of God. It has nothing to do with any sort of future paradise or animals for that matter.

As for heaven and animals there is no scriptural proof at all they go to heaven, but for that matter there is no scriptural proof humans do. The only way it is scripturally possible for heaven to exist is for total preterism to be true.

1mountain

View Profile
This is cool!
Posted : 6 Aug, 2015 09:34 PM

Ohhhhh the wheels hydraulically retract that took me forever to figure out. Speaking of water car, Top Gear made some of their own.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KzxuEOxYSLE

1mountain

View Profile
Woman Comes Out as a Canine
Posted : 6 Aug, 2015 09:27 PM

Sometimes I feel like a :angel: sometimes a :devil:

but I'd rather be a :dancingp:

1mountain

View Profile
Woman Comes Out as a Canine
Posted : 6 Aug, 2015 09:21 PM

Plus one to this Blondie. I think I'd better come out of the closet too. :ribbit:

1mountain

View Profile
human trafficking / abortion
Posted : 6 Aug, 2015 09:15 PM

The most disturbing thing is the fact that buying and selling a human or parts of a human is legal. We talk about human trafficking and organ thefts and organ trafficking as though they are problems. What is this other than just that?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7bYeLo0fASU&

1mountain

View Profile
"those who are easily offended by you own you"
Posted : 2 Aug, 2015 10:36 PM

I saw this video on youtube and think it makes some very excellent points, both for Christians and men and women and people of different races.

:MrT: :ribbit: :winksmile:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jwEU86YctLk

1mountain

View Profile
Please pray for my fast
Posted : 25 Mar, 2015 01:40 AM

In the Orthodox faith when we are 'fasting' it's not a complete abstention from food for the most of us. However during the 50+ day Lenten fast, the month long Nativity fast, etc. we will abstain from meat primarially. We have certain days during the fast where we are allowed cheese, fish, oil, and other things but most of the days of the fast such animal products are not eaten. I'd suggest trying that rather than a complete abstention from food first. Basically just eat what a vegetarian or vegan eats. Lent is over at Pascha by the way, which is on the twelfth of april this year and is the same celebration as Easter in the western churches but on a different day. God bless your efforts.

Page : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10