Author Thread
Phoenyx

View Profile
Would you live like this?
Posted : 22 Jun, 2009 11:23 AM

I don't think I would mind it at all for a while. I've moved around seven--eight--nine times, several times into smaller rooms or rooms with two other people, so the idea of cutting out junk doesn't seem so heartbreaking anymore. Once upon a time, I would have really be upset about leaving behind all I know, but not so much now. I'd still be hoping that it would only last three years though.

Phoenyx

View Profile
socrates1987^
Posted : 20 Jun, 2009 07:35 PM

I'm sorry to see that this man left CDFF. I had one of the most in depth Christian conversations of my life with him, which I guess is understandable since he had ten years of college for theology. We were in the same tune with each other and yet both learned things. I feel like I missed out on a truly great guy and all it might have taken to get him to stay was a random message. It taught me a lesson about keeping in contact with others, but I'll keep watching out for him. It was a blessing to meet such a person.

Phoenyx

View Profile
Voluntary Virgins
Posted : 20 Jun, 2009 07:11 PM

Thank you all. Those were very uplifting comments and I learned a bit as well. Many blessings!

Phoenyx

View Profile
Other Ethnicity
Posted : 20 Jun, 2009 03:31 PM

Can we have it where we can type in what it is, just like we would for "Other" denomination?

Phoenyx

View Profile
Voluntary Virgins
Posted : 20 Jun, 2009 03:21 PM

Ty for responding Ian. I do have to agree that there are consequences, but I'm wondering what men here personally think. I mean, women forgive men who had sex before they claimed Christianity and even after. Would they?

(I find this funny. As soon as I wrote this, my profile had a lot of views. In case you're wondering and don't want to ask, I am a virgin. I had a strict, loving father who kept me so naive that I had a lot of embarrassing points later in highschool because I didn't know what terms meant what, but at least it makes for a chance to tell about them for a laugh. :laugh:)

Phoenyx

View Profile
Biblical perspectives on race and racism
Posted : 20 Jun, 2009 03:15 PM

First off, if we're going to use "races", it should be pointed out that terms such as African-American, Native-American, European-American, French-American, Irish-American and Spanish-American were used to describe first-generation immigrants who became Americans, NOT FOR RACES. There is really only one which is the Human Race, but if you want to be picky, there are Mongoloids, Negroids and Caucasoids. You can get even more specific, such as regions (example: Nordic, Mediterranian). In reference to "redneck", there's been some confusion on what this means. Originally, it was used for those from the hills who wanted a union and would tie red sashes around their throats--"Here comes them redneckers." I find it funny then that so many liberals refer with a demeaning air to those in the south as "rednecks" when those "rednecks" support unions like the northern liberals.

Also, America's governments are not only based off of biblical interpretations (which while titled Christian may not be entirely Christ-like). We are a Christian country in name and also a de facto Christian country because of the majority of Christians. Does that mean that America is the prime example of Christ's love and knowledge? No. Remember that man's sin is part of the equation.

You have a lot of questions, so this will sound choppy and I probably missed a few. It is true that Christians are supposed to ignore physical aspects, but some get a different interpretation unfortunately. I think "races" were made to be physical examples and nothing more, of no real spiritual meaning other than to say there are differences in the spirit too. Does that mean that one race is all saved and the other not? NO! Only the Lord can see into a man's heart.

When I'm surrounded by different individuals, I guess I don't notice because I'm doing my own thing.

No it is not okay to mock those in other faiths. "Why do some christians have problems with the names other faiths use to address the God they have known like oh...say Allah? Jehovah?." I'm guessing because it identifies their denomination/religion.

The thing is, we are all from the same man and woman. Before the tower of Babel, there was a single language. Before the battles between brothers, it was one nation. Thanks to God, we have the one Father, the one language and the one nation that transcends all of our earhtly classifications.

I have to add that Obama is not a Christian. He is like my mother: believing people can find their own way to Heaven. And the Rev., I don't care what others believe of him, but personally, I think he is hateful. If a person was to d--- another to Hell, or an entire country, would you call him a Christian? I say this while also letting you know that I did not like Bush and I did not vote for McCain in the primaries or general elections. In fact, I voted for Alan Keyes, a man with a stronger spine than all those mentioned previously in this paragraph.

Phoenyx

View Profile
Question - Which Denomination?
Posted : 20 Jun, 2009 02:38 PM

The Saved

Phoenyx

View Profile
Where is it?
Posted : 20 Jun, 2009 02:35 PM

Lev 20:10

Job 24:15 and reading on...

Pro 6:32

Jer 7:9, Hos 4:2 (This compares the adulterer to a murderer.)

Jer 9:2

Jer 23:10

Jer 23:14

Jer 29:23

Hos 7:4

Mal 3:5

Phoenyx

View Profile
Voluntary Virgins
Posted : 20 Jun, 2009 02:02 PM

Random question. I know this isn't a pleasant thought, but how many men would consider a girl who would otherwise be a virgin had she not been raped? There are some women who want their Christian man to be a virgin, but those are few and it's not like they can tell.

Would you accept the girl's statement as truth? Seek a police report? Would you treat her with more caution? If so, would you be obvious about it? Have you ever asked a girl if she was a virgin? Do you think she would stay silent, lie or admit to the event, if she was raped?

As a side question, since on the subject, what of those women who become believers? Would you accept them if, in their past beliefs, they put out, only to come to the conclusion that they were wrong and wanted to come to Christ?

I used to think that these had obvious answers, but, after reading responses about accepting Christians who used to be unbelieving sodomites, I'm not so sure.

Phoenyx

View Profile
Ladies need security?
Posted : 20 Jun, 2009 01:54 PM

Well, security, yes, but that doesn't mean settling down. I doubt the Lord would send his men to be missionaries and not a wife to share in that.

I'm not sure how I would do. Being on the road gives a chance to gain and spread knowledge. I wouldn't do it though if I had children though. When security is spoken of then, it is for their security.

Page : 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15