Author Thread
Phoenyx

View Profile
Early Church Met in Homes?
Posted : 2 Jul, 2009 08:59 AM

Would you consider this a good thing for church members today or was it done for a reason that we need not worry about now?

Phoenyx

View Profile
Biblical Discussions and Christian Moral Standards
Posted : 1 Jul, 2009 08:22 PM

Should you separate the two?

Phoenyx

View Profile
His soul for an offering?
Posted : 1 Jul, 2009 06:12 PM

http://www.christiandatingforfree.com/forum/forum_details.php?topic_id=2350&forum_sub_cat_id=14&start=0

Phoenyx

View Profile
To knock your sox off...
Posted : 1 Jul, 2009 05:51 PM

lol to first response. I had that same thought, but at the same time I like how the gusto was. Most guys on here can be too formal, and his first response had a bit of humor and flattering in it at once, not to mention that it is not just a simple sentence like the usual messages. It could go either way, but if by some miracle a guy can figure out how to keep the playfulness and light compliments while also not appearing too forward, that would be wonderful. I actually think, after reading the first response twice, that Ian did a good job of that, since he ended with a short and sweet, "My name is...please check my profile out sometime" or something along those lines. (Can't read it while replying :/ ) though that's, again, after reading it twice. Perhaps keeping the first while adding a bit more conservative to the end. Knock them off their feet and then let them down smoothly.

Phoenyx

View Profile
How Young Is To Young?!?!
Posted : 1 Jul, 2009 05:43 PM

*Wipes Brow in Relief* I had been worried that I had upset you in another discussion. Glad to see that I was wrong. Thank you, cattle.

Phoenyx

View Profile
Posted : 1 Jul, 2009 12:31 PM

Agree on many things you wrote. It seems like nonbelievers try to seek out weakness and also attempt to use our divisions for such. I was corrected about that on an open forum where a sister said that we must correct each other in private and not for those without the Faith.

I hope your schedule frees up soon.

Also, brought verses!

There are many points about parables, but here are a few about Jesus: Mat 13:34 & Mar 4:34. I think God speaks also in parables. For example, lambs were used for sacrifice, but it was just a temporary symbol for Jesus.

Example of sinful body and unsaved soul: Rev 20:14, Psa 49:12 & Rev 21:8.

Examples of a sinful body and saved soul: Rev 2:11, Rom 8:10 & Rev 20:6.

Examples of a sinless body and perfect soul: Mat 27:4, Heb 9:28 & 1Pe 1:19

Physical examples of spiritual concepts: Separation of Jews and Gentiles as with the Saved and Unsaved. Physical life and death verses Spiritual life and death. Spots and spotless, sinful and sinless.

Body as a cover: Judging Souls (Luk 6:37), Baptized in the Spirit (Rev 7:14) & Strength of Spirit, Weak of Flesh (Mat 26:41)

Indestructible and Unchanging God: Everlasting fire (Mat 18:8), Alpha and Omega (Rev 1:8) & Fulfillment (Mat 5:17).

Destructible and Revivable Body: Joh 12:1, Mat 28:6 & Rev 20:5.

Law and Grace: Joh 1:17, Rom 6:14 & Gal 2:21

Phoenyx

View Profile
Posted : 1 Jul, 2009 10:18 AM

I should have added verses, and have to correct that Grace started during the Bible, but that it was put into motion by Jesus's sacrifice. My bad. BRB with verses.

Phoenyx

View Profile
Posted : 1 Jul, 2009 10:15 AM

I'm surprised this even came up, but to answer a bit from someone who believes annihilation is Biblical:

Often the correlation between body and soul are unbreakable. In the annihilationist perspective, once the unsaved soul and body are judged, they are judged together and removed together completely. For the saved soul and body, they are freed from judgment and live forever in complete holiness of Jesus Christ.

However, they do not deny there is a period before Judgment where they are split and the body is used as a symbol then as a cover. Jesus was in the Biblical period of the body being a symbol. Since God is unchanging and indestructible, unlike sin which is both changing and destructible, there had to be a sacrifice of equal purity yet of destructible and revivable property.

This is where Jesus, the physical incarnation of our Father, fulfils the requirement, since blood and actions are the current Law, and then uses His indestructible spirit to raise the body once more. Once Grace takes over instead of Law and the Bible is completed, the body becomes a cover, hiding the true nature of a person, whether they be saved or unsaved and leaving that up to the Lord.

Examples you have brought up so the symbolism of this. By law, His offering (body, actions) was perfect and did not destroy His spirit and resurrected his body. Our offering (body, actions) is imperfect and neither saves our body nor spirit from destruction. By Grace, His offering was enough to cover our own and save us from Judgment for our sins. Praying this was presented right.

I wish you fortune on the fence and pray you find the answer to your query. Being there often results in criticism, especially since you might question anything they bring forth. Gotta love the attitude though! :) Hit me, baby!

Phoenyx

View Profile
Suicide...
Posted : 1 Jul, 2009 09:31 AM

Awesome, loveandgrace! You put it right out in the open and understandable.

Phoenyx

View Profile
Would you join such a fellowship?
Posted : 1 Jul, 2009 09:23 AM

Thanks to all who replied, whether you liked it or not. ;)

Page : 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11