View Profile
A true test of wit?
Posted : 27 Jun, 2009 09:46 AM

Leaves. :)

Phoenyx

View Profile
A true test of wit?
Posted : 26 Jun, 2009 11:05 PM

Is the 'they' the ones walking or the ones being walked on?

Phoenyx

View Profile
BY GOD'S GRACE IM COMFORTABLE WITH WHO I AM!
Posted : 26 Jun, 2009 08:32 PM

--I appologize...that way.--

Understood, but many times this confidence and strength of beliefs can come off as arrogant. For instance, I'm very cold a lot of the time because as far as I'm concerned the world is in black and white; you just have to take a close look to see each pixel.

--I have...themselves "christians".--

I'm very sorry for this and can say that I also have homosexual and bisexual friends. I've seen that as well and am glad that you are not afraid to defend them as people.

--I believe...own way.--

I actually have liked sound correction. It's been a benefit to me and shows that they really want the best for me. Now there are times when the correction is done wrong and perhaps they are doing it just to feel self-righteous, but I don't know what they are thinking, so that just leaves me with considering their actual message, no matter how it is delivered.

--Steven himself...to be--

Everybody are instructed to live sinless lives. While we may not be able to accomplish such, if we love the Lord, we wish to follow His law. A little secret, even though I know that many men will be disgusted with me at this, I was a pansexual since ninth grade and only upon turning Christian did I seek help on this. It's like an addiction and in the past they did have doctors for this just as they do for pedophiles. I think that I am a successful case of the Lord fixing that problem in my life, but I still stay away from temptation through a practiced routine. All I can say to those that have had this internal struggle is to tell another Christian that would help them, someone close. I know that sounds strange considering it's the people you love the most that you would not tell because it might hurt them or break the relationship, but it works. The one man that I was afraid to tell was the only person to ever comfort and assist with my getting better, although that could have been because I was just learning to drive (at night too) when I told him and was in complete tears by the end of trying to spit it out, lol.

--and I...of it.--

Thank you for that and I'm sure that he appreciates it.

Phoenyx

View Profile
A true test of wit?
Posted : 26 Jun, 2009 07:53 PM

My favorite riddle. It took me three guesses to get it right, but no one let me know until I was on guess nine. :P

'Twas in heaven pronounced, and 'twas muttered in hell,

An echo caught faintly the sound as it fell;

On the confines of earth 'twas permitted to rest,

And the depths of the ocean its presence confessed;

'Twill be found in the sphere when 'tis riven asunder,

Be seen in the lightning and heard in the thunder.

'Twas allotted to man with his earliest breath,

Attends him at birth, and awaits him in death,

Presides o'er his happiness, honor, and health,

Is the prop of his house, and the end of his wealth.

In the heaps of the miser 'tis hoarded with care,

But is sure to be lost on the prodigal heir.

It begins every hope, every wish it must bound,

With the husbandman toils, and with monarchs is crowned.

Without it the soldier, the seaman may roam,

But woe to the wretch who expels it from home!

In the whispers of conscience its voice will be found,

Nor e'en in the whirlwind of passion be drowned.

'Twill not soften the heart; but though deaf be the ear,

It will make it acutely and instantly hear.

Yet in shade let it rest, like a delicate flower,

Ah... breathe on it softly, - it dies in an hour.

Phoenyx

View Profile
Non-denomination
Posted : 26 Jun, 2009 08:47 AM

--Some attempt to say non-denominational is about church authority. These reject pastoral authority to man, separate from groups or join groups of similarly-minded peoples, and trust in their self-realized truths.--

Please do not group all in such fashion. Our fellowship for example is open to all Biblical interpretation for debate, and other than that read the Bible or sing, no actual preaching in our fellowship unless you count Bible reading. We may all have different thoughts on any given subject, but we do not claim conclusions to be without fault, and continue to allow question and change to them. Even questions on clergy authority may be brought up which means that our fellowship may one day take that route.

Phoenyx

View Profile
Women in Ministry
Posted : 26 Jun, 2009 07:43 AM

I am one of those that believe that the church has gone the way of the synagouges, and that these scriptures speak figuratively. We are all the Bride of Christ so it's important to only let the Lord speak, aka. the Bible. But, even so, that is in our fellowship.

Within churches, I see women in such positions as wrong. They may be very excellent teachers, but in order to respect the laws of the Bible they should be teaching to other women or to children, thus providing a great example of respecting the Lord's authority--not man's. I don't see this as any less an honor since we are all given our duties and I actually see it as one of the most opportune moments to spread the word since older women and men tend to be set in their ways. Tell them something that disagrees with what their fathers and their fathers believe, and they draw up arms.

Instead, you could not only steer but speed up the children's knowledge, so that perhaps one day they will know even more than the men before them. Teach them the languages, teach them history, START A SCHOOL FOR THEM! Heaven knows we need the women of Christ more than ever to replace the Godforsaken federally-controlled-and-tainted schools.

Phoenyx

View Profile
would you give up your pet?
Posted : 26 Jun, 2009 07:18 AM

Yes, but only if he was allergic and he would have to respect the time needed to get her a good home. It's wasteful for a person to just dump one of God's creations anywhere or kill it for no good reason.

Phoenyx

View Profile
BY GOD'S GRACE IM COMFORTABLE WITH WHO I AM!
Posted : 25 Jun, 2009 09:47 AM

Sexuality is not who someone is and God did not create us all as sinners. He created us pure and we sinned, becoming sinners. Also, not one comment on here says that they are better than the person who posted this conversation or having done lesser sins. So far you are the only one casting names, but, here, let me join you because, Melissassn1210, we are both hypocrites as are the rest of the human race. You are no different or better.

Phoenyx

View Profile
Non-denomination
Posted : 25 Jun, 2009 08:14 AM

Nondenominational defintion by a nondenominational: Rejects all man-made doctrines and strives to follow only what the Bible teaches.

Nondenominational (secular or unbeliever's) definition: Refers to those churches that have not formally aligned themselves with an established denomination or are not restricted to that denomination.

Thoughts by me (lol): Who decides what makes an established denomination? By naming it? Easy enough to do. By popularity? Should Baptists lose almost all their members, does that take away from its being a denomination?

And most Christians claim to follow only what the Bible teaches, yet we have so many denominations.

Personally, I don't think you can avoid the box. You will always get a title of some sort. Even our fellowship could be denominationalized because we have no clergy or creed.

Phoenyx

View Profile
The Need For Apologetics
Posted : 25 Jun, 2009 07:50 AM

Good post. It would be nice to have a forum to allow people to express counterarguments to arguments against the Bible, to prepare others for the same event since most unbelievers do not actually read the Bible and refer to common anti-Biblical sources.

Page : 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13