Author Thread
Phoenyx

View Profile
Yers, mines or mutual...
Posted : 24 Jun, 2009 10:40 AM

I don't mind helping to plan it, though, as a benefit for the guy being the one to ask for the date to begin with, I back off of control. Besides, it lets me see what he thinks, since I'd have to honor him as a wife and so I need a preview to make sure I don't end up in a bad situation.

Phoenyx

View Profile
MY FRIND CHRIS
Posted : 24 Jun, 2009 10:37 AM

Well, not going to attack him, but I'm a virgin and so is another friend of mine. I think we are both attractive (in the right light, lol), and my aunts and parents were all virgins. They were not bad-looking. There are Christian guys that are good-looking too and yet still are virgins, including yourself. Personally, I think only adds to attractiveness.

Phoenyx

View Profile
How much do looks matter?
Posted : 24 Jun, 2009 10:33 AM

Inner beauty shines through.

Phoenyx

View Profile
The Authority of Christ
Posted : 24 Jun, 2009 10:29 AM

Well, to answer the last, yes, I care and there are many that do, otherwise we wouldn't have our neighborhood fellowship. :)

Phoenyx

View Profile
do you read your bible daily?
Posted : 24 Jun, 2009 10:27 AM

Surprisingly, yes, though it's only Sunday so far that I read will read for a long while without study Rom 10:17. Another thing that is nice is to have a CD that reads the gospel so you will hear the word even while you sleep.

Phoenyx

View Profile
Coming soon!
Posted : 24 Jun, 2009 10:22 AM

The first one.

Phoenyx

View Profile
Heaven and Hell in the Afterlife
Posted : 24 Jun, 2009 10:20 AM

I do have to admit there are many points I agree with on this phrase am impressed that this was mentioned: �without space there is no time�. But I do have a few things I do disagree with.

--It is clear from the Scriptures and the Church Fathers there is no room in the afterlife for Purgatory, limbo, or any place apart from God, nor for Calvin's idea of predestination and "divine justice".--

Get the link to the Calvin discussion.

--Furthermore, nowhere in the original language of the Bible does the Calvinistic idea occur of a place of "hellfire" torment, created especially by God so He can punish those he judges for eternity.�

Apparently the author has a narrow conception of what Calvinists or Reformed Christians believe.

--Why would a God who loves us unconditionally torment us for eternity,--

You ask this when already supporting that those who die unsaved will be in a tormented, eternal existence with God. Not to mention that, if God loves us unconditionally, why did He hate Esau? Why did Judas go �to his own place�?

--because of an equally unbiblical notion of Divine Justice?�

It�s very funny to see how people will say that the ultimate Judge has unequal justice. It is strange that they say Calvinism blames God for the falling of people, but yet claims that their own concept does not give merit to humans who are saved.

--In fact nowhere in the Bible does it explicitly state that it is God that punishes the sinners.�

God is the one that judges and in many cases this meant their death. To deny this is not in the Bible is foolish.

--If you put your hand in the fireplace, is it the fire's intention to punish you? Or is the torment you experience caused by your own foolish action? It is merely the nature of the fire to burn your unprotected skin.�

Calvinism does not disagree with the notion that we all choose to be sinful and did sin.

-- Both Luther and Calvin developed their own theologies from Augustine's erroneous writings, and ignoring Augustine's later retraction.--

The author has come to the conclusion that Luther and Calvin ONLY looked to another man�s writing. Calvin was schooled in Latin, Hebrew AND Greek.

--Calvin further rationalized if God is all knowing, then He knows who will be saved and who will not even before they are born, so therefore He must have created some people just so He can torment them in Hell for eternity. This is the infamous "predestination" of Calvin, which makes God the author of evil. This is not Biblical and certainly not Christian.--

Isa 45:7 I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things.

Not Biblical, huh?

--Ultimately this doctrine denies free will, the choice that all humans have to either pursue righteousness, or selfishness.--

It�s clear how many do not know the �doctrine� of TULIP, but how they try to refuse it and speak incorrectly of its concepts.

-- God unconditionally pours out His love on all, WHETHER WE WANT IT OR NOT, whether we are ready for it or not, when we enter the afterlife.--

Lol, I guess Orthodoxy has no freewill either.

Btw, it�s very annoying that people only focused on �Calvin� rather than the arguments of those who agree with the reformed theology. I don�t think that I should have to look up information about post-Biblical preachers, since that takes time away from actually discusses VERSES! I feel many times that I have to defend �Calvin� because in their eyes that�s the only way to defend predestination, when in actuality I disagreed with many things he did in his life and am repulsed by the idea that those beliefs should be named after him. I guess it�s fair in a way; I refer to who believe differently as Arminianists, but at least I don�t say that their thoughts originated from him.

And I don�t see how the Biblical beliefs of Calvin and others, who thought the same, disagreed with the idea that the unsaved never have presence with God after death. Personally, I believe predestination (or at least that�s what people have said I believed after I spoke of it) and--I admit that I have not fully studied this subject--that the unsaved will be brought into His presence to be judged and are �annihilated�, as the term is used. Until the Judgment comes, I believe the saved are in Heaven and the unsaved are made to sleep in their own dead bodies, only to be brought awake again for Judgment. For a time I think they will sorrow�I�m surprised that nothing was mentioned about �torment� being improperly translated in this discussion. Not once in the Old Testament do you see that word, but �sorrow�, which is the proper meaning of the word substituted with �torment� is seen many times in the OT.�for a time as they are exposed to how truly evil sin is�since we are so accustomed to it�until at last they and the first earth are no more.

Phoenyx

View Profile
TWO QUESTIONS FOR OPEN DISCUSSION
Posted : 23 Jun, 2009 08:00 AM

A person should read the Book of Solomon regardless of whether or not they are married. It is the whole book of God and one doesn't have to be qualified to read it.

As far as feeling left out, not in reference to being single among the married, but by having a different set of beliefs concerning the Bible.

Phoenyx

View Profile
Female friends!
Posted : 22 Jun, 2009 11:43 AM

I have thought that but I also remember when I looked at female profiles. I was using the profiles as a basis to create my own, so I don't think anything of a woman viewing it or contacting me. I mean, men contact women here with only the desire to chat with no thoughts about a potential relationship. Boyfriend, girlfriend, those are just titles that distinguish that you are a friend of whatever gender. Besides, many keep their mail settings open for fellowship, but also have on their profiles things that say who they would consider for a relationship, like age and so on.

Phoenyx

View Profile
So what do christian ladies really look for in a guy?
Posted : 22 Jun, 2009 11:38 AM

I don't know if someone can do say a general thing Christian women look for in a Christian man, other that he be Christian. I'd guess like, unbelieving women, to be attracted to the man, but attraction doesn't mean the same concept of inner/outer beauty. For myself, I like the considerate ones who are surprisingly perceptive. I fell head over heals with one of my coworkers because, no matter how much I tried to hide it, he knew what I was feeling and would do everything he could to cheer me up, if I was upset.

Page : 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14