Author Thread: Mean people
Yourprayers

View Profile
History
Mean people
Posted : 6 Mar, 2024 11:12 PM

Anyone else getting random hate mail, messages from people you never wrote to trying to discourage insult you? They feel the need to be ugly and mean. Don't let it ruin your walk with God or focus on God. Remember we are in a spiritual battle. Praying for our families our loved ones and ourselves that we do not lose the peace and joy of Jesus

rbj66

View Profile
History
Mean people
Posted : 13 May, 2024 08:48 PM

Seems a lot of if not most mean people have had rough childhoods and have not been able to forgive and/or move on.

LittleDavid

View Profile
History
Mean people
Posted : 14 May, 2024 12:05 PM

Yeah, maybe that’s why some men rush to judgment over false threats of suicide. Not everyone is fooled by suicide blackmail.

Nevertheless, there will always be those naive “nice” people, (eg the proverbial armchair quarter back), who is quick to assemble a hasty justification for those they perceive as troubled. Unaware of psychotic deception, these armchair psychologists play well into the hands of the psycho huckster. Suicidal threats are indeed an effective tool and if used as a blackmail works great to get one’s way. I know, because l used to threaten to kill myself years ago. It kinda went like this: “if I don’t get what I want, I’ll kill myself”. It might work for awhile but I’m just glad my parents weren’t as stupid as some of those posting online.

Other cases of suicide blackmail happen at criminal court proceedings all the time. Guy gets busted, goes to court and gets sentenced. He then threatens suicide if he has to go to prison.

The sad thing is, people who are aware of blackmail suicide threats get blacklisted as uncaring. Nothing could be further from the truth. Professional counselors follow established suicide prevention protocols. All threats are taken seriously. But no one is helped when by coddling the suicide blackmailer. AND no one is helped by blaming other people for someone else’s head strong suicidal tendencies.

Worse yet, it’s even more disingenuous whenever those wanna be quarterback counselors but who know nothing about the pitfalls inherent in human nature, weigh in with thier unprofessional hayseed twaddle and tosh

WalkNTalk

View Profile
History
Mean people
Posted : 14 May, 2024 12:27 PM

"All threats are taken seriously." hahaha

WalkNTalk

View Profile
History
Mean people
Posted : 14 May, 2024 12:30 PM

And if you help them to the grave, you don't care.

Everyone makes mistakes. So, you were wrong about that one. WHO CARES???

WalkNTalk

View Profile
History
Mean people
Posted : 14 May, 2024 12:34 PM

I don't believe everyone is suicidal. But I know some people who killed themselves.

If you want to say it is fake and not real - that is up to you!

WalkNTalk

View Profile
History
Mean people
Posted : 14 May, 2024 12:41 PM

But more of us are here for a date rather than suicide prevention and the blog is not a good place to get help for your mental illness. Maybe it is some people's way of calling out to God or the church universal. Too much hope may be placed into a site to produce someone a companion. Some are ill before they ever got here. I have no advice, except don't kill yourself.

Handyman62

View Profile
History
Mean people
Posted : 14 May, 2024 12:57 PM

I personally would never send someone hate mail and certainly wouldn't condone it. But a lot of people perceive disagreements with them as hateful. Sometimes it may be but most times it's probably not.

I'm under no illusion that some perceive my critical comments as hateful. But it's not meant to be even if I come off that way. The reason for me being so blunt is looking at the past where Christians have been so nice and accommodating about peoples sin. And then looking at the predicament we are in now here in the US with our government being so evil. It can literally be traced back to Christians not standing up to evil. Most of the time there's just no way to be nice about it when people are so used to ignoring the quieter forms of persuasion.

RANT OFF.

LittleDavid

View Profile
History
Mean people
Posted : 14 May, 2024 01:40 PM

You’re right HM, some people are privileged to criticize others while others of us have no right to state our opinions or we’ll get accused of creating chaos.

Some on here can even read minds. They’re like Santa Claus, they know when you’ve been good or bad and they know when you care and when you don’t.

Handyman62

View Profile
History
Mean people
Posted : 14 May, 2024 05:24 PM

Then I must be on Santa's naughty list.

WalkNTalk

View Profile
History
Mean people
Posted : 14 May, 2024 06:05 PM

"And then looking at the predicament we are in now here in the US with our government being so evil. It can literally be traced back to Christians not standing up to evil."

Got to agree with you there, Handyman!

Page : 1 2 3