Author Thread: "itsy, bitsy, teenie, weenie, yellow polka-dot bikini..."
Admin

"itsy, bitsy, teenie, weenie, yellow polka-dot bikini..."
Posted : 30 Jun, 2010 03:08 AM

Let's talk about swimwear... What's okay? What's not? Yay or nay on bikinis? How about one-pieces? How modest are they really?

:party:

(quoted lyrics by Brian Hyland)

View Profile
History
Posted : 30 Jun, 2010 08:35 AM

Well...they be oky doky, purty an serve the purpose of which they were created for...Itsy Bitsy is way Ify...I aint no Spring Chicken an diffinately dont want or need some Gent checkin out my lil ole assets...even though I know they do...:laugh:...Heck I live in SoCal where most of the Gals are...well...lets jus say they like ta put it all out there...an I aint one of the Status Quo or Jones'...I respect others an my self an dont wana give off a wrong impression...so I wear a bikini top an knee length board shorts...cuz I dont wana loose my britches in a Wave at the beach...:winksmile:...One Piece suits...not fer me...xo

View Profile
History
Posted : 30 Jun, 2010 11:09 AM

I haven't worn anything but a one piece for a few years, and when I had a two piece I had one with a tankini. I always wear shorts with any swimsuit. It is a little frustrating shopping for swimwear these days - there aren't many one piece suits, and the ones I can find are way too big for me! I prefer something that covers everything, I don't want to give any guys anything extra to look at.

shepherdingking

View Profile
History
Posted : 30 Jun, 2010 11:14 AM

Bikinis are not modest. They are acceptable for supermodels.

Unless you have the figure to wear one it can be disturbing. :rocknroll:

View Profile
History
Posted : 1 Jul, 2010 09:08 AM

Only if my future wife wore it just for me.

As in only me!!!!!:ROFL::excited::hearts:

DontHitThatMark

View Profile
History
Posted : 3 Jul, 2010 12:49 PM

I don't think it really matters. I'd say the deeper question would be "should men and women be swimming together at all". Unfortunately, that doesn't apply in our gay and age either. I mean...day...and age. Maybe we should all have our own pools and skip public swimming??:winksmile: People are going to look, and if there's nothing to look at then they will use their imagination. In fact, dressing modestly almost makes you a target for "imagination". You stand out too much, and then everyone wonders what you're hiding. I do think that Christians should be trying to be a little merciful and at least thinking about the other Christians out there, because even if someone doesn't want to look/lust, it happens "accidentally" sometimes and any modesty goes a long way in helping to prevent that. That goes for men and women. I guess I think that if we're going to swim publicly, we should stay as far on the mercifully modest end of whatever is socially acceptable without looking like we just stepped out of a time machine. The end.

:peace::peace:

View Profile
History
Posted : 3 Jul, 2010 12:58 PM

Hey, friends feel lucky we are in America. Everybody still wears something. Many people have told me in certain western European countries they wear nothing.You go to the river and see it all. I would have a problem with that as common practice. :devil:

View Profile
History
Posted : 4 Jul, 2010 02:59 PM

Even though I get allot of looks when I wear one, I feel I just don't look very good in one. So when it comes to swimwear, I wear a one piece....the bottom piece only!..lol

View Profile
History
Posted : 4 Jul, 2010 06:14 PM

:ROFL: @ sparrow.

bcpianogal

View Profile
History
Posted : 4 Jul, 2010 10:31 PM

I have two bathing suits, both of them are two-piece suits. Both are also very modest...my midriff does not show at all, I don't show cleavage in either of them, and the bottoms are modest too (one is basically shorts, the other is a short skirt). I'm not exactly thin, so a one-piece suit just emphasizes my least favorite physical characteristics. The same goes for a bikini...the thought of me in a bikini is just plain gross.

In general, I don't think that bikinis are very God-honoring. They show off a lot of skin, and they leave little to the imagination. Plus, some women just don't have the body for a bikini.

GlendoraMike

View Profile
History
Posted : 9 Jul, 2010 09:03 PM

There are two pieces that are modest and one pieces that go see through when wet. The question is really about what you want to do. If your goal is generating lust in the guys then that is sin.

Going through the "My Matches" I have been shown women of Southeast Asia in bikinis. I would like to include only US women in that search.

Page : 1 2