Author Thread: WHAT DO U THINK ABOUT LONG DISTANCE FRIENDSHIP/RELATIONSHIPS?:p)
TRUUST

View Profile
History
WHAT DO U THINK ABOUT LONG DISTANCE FRIENDSHIP/RELATIONSHIPS?:p)
Posted : 5 Dec, 2011 01:43 AM

MAY I ASK U PLS ABOUT U OPPINION -WHAT DO U THINK ABOUT LONG DISTANCE FRIENDSHIP/RELATIONSHIPS?:p)

THANK U SO MUCH IN ADVANCE TO ALL!!!:angel::angel::glow::glow::prayingf::glow:

LOVE IN CHRIST,

VANI

annma

View Profile
History
Posted : 5 Dec, 2011 02:12 AM

Hey Vani,

I wanted to be one of the first people to comment on Long Distance Relationships. First of all, anyone can be in a long distance relationship if they choose to and most people dont want to associate with them because it has more challenges than a close distance relationship.

The truth of the matter is that all relationships require hard work and prayer and commitment. But for long distance relationships, its more work because two people cannot see each other often to settle arguments or to even share the good times together.

I met my boyfriend on here last year and now we just made a year as a couple in November(He proposed after 11months and he is my fiance now, so we are engaged..). I had never been in a long distance relationship before but i gave myself a chance. He came down to see me 4 months ago for the first time and he stayed for 5 weeks. But when we were starting out in our relationship, we laid some ground rules that every relationship should have, Godliness, trust, honesty, and open communication, faithfulness is a default because we share the same values and we are both Christians who have chosen to wait.

What i think about long distance relationships is that you should give yourself a chance because you never know when the right one will come but when they come, are you willing to just turn and walk away because it doesn�t fit into your ideal?? or will you give yourself a chance to experience something good and God's plan for you?? I did and i don't regret it one bit. Another thing you have to know is that God's plan is not the plan of men.

I look at our relationship as a work in progress by God for both of us with my boyfriend and he feels the same way too. I know for me to meet my boyfriend it was God's plan and we are so far apart because God is still doing his work in us as individuals and when we get married, it will be blissful because then God would have completed his work in us to bring us to that point of marriage. The truth of the matter is, every relationship requires work and so do long distance relationships provided you know if both of you are facing the same direction and working towards a common goal. That is very important. If it is just a casual relationship, then it is not worth it to waste so much time and invest in it emotionally, only to end things. The man has to be clear on what his intentions for you and your relationship are....Once you know that, then it will be worth all the waiting and even when obstacles come, you can overcome them together as a couple.

My take on long distance relationships is that everything is the same with close distance relationships and they all involve trust, communication, honesty, godliness and faithfulness. It all comes down to the two people in the relationship and what they decide.

I wish you all the best and i hope the Lord will grant you your heart's desires and i wish you all the best. Keep praying and wait on the Lord. Wish you all the best and God's blessings as you search for the right one.

The Lord is never too early or too late, He is always ON TIME.

My two cents worth.

Ann

TRUUST

View Profile
History
Posted : 5 Dec, 2011 06:26 AM

DEAR SISTER ANNNI,

THANK U SO MUCH FOR U COMMENT AND HELP:p)

WOW...I'M SO GLAD !!! FOR BOTH OF U!!!!! U KNOW ANNI I THINK I METIONED U TESTIMONIALS HERE ON THE WEB !!!WOW.....

I'M SO GLAD !!!!!!HEY U ENCOURIGE ALL US WHO REALLY ARE A BIT JUST A BIT OLDER THAN U :) BUT.....HEY ,TO NOT USE OUR SO HIGH INTELIGENT MIND BUT ...LORD'S ONE!!!!!!:p):angel::angel::prayingm::prayingf:

AND IF BOTH SIDE DO LOOK IN THE SAME DIRRECTION YES...IT COULD WORK...PERFECTLY!!!!:glow:...IN....HIS....TIME!!:)

LOVELY COUPLE WHAT I CAN SAY - JUST DEAR BROTHER LOVE U SPUSE AS JESUS LOVS THE CHURCH AND TO U ANNY SUBMIT IN EVERYTHING TO U FUTTURE HUSBAND...WOW...BUT EVERYTHING...HEY...FOR U...WWW.GODSLIFE.COM!!!IT'S SO HELPFUL!!! ESPECIALLY THAT COMMENTS...http://www.godlife.com/joyce-bartholomew/life-lessons/meekness

I LOVE U DEAR CUOPLE AND WITH LORD'S BLESSING I,M SURE U'LL BE SO HAPPY!!!:glow::glow::glow:

KEEP IN PRAYER:)

LOVE FROM VANI ,

HEY,I'D LOVE TO KNOW WHEN IS U WEADING :) AND OTHER INFO...IF POSSIBLE:p):angel::angel::purpleangel::purpleangel::prayingf::prayingf:

I'LL PRAY FOR U WITH MOM:prayingf::prayingf::glow:

EverythingMe

View Profile
History
Posted : 5 Dec, 2011 04:46 PM

Long Distance relationships are definitely something that can be done, but it takes a mutual commitment between both parties, which when most get into these relationships they don't expect the work that needs to be put into them.

I've tried a few, and while i was definitely committed the other person wasn't in the least bit committed. There has to be prayer involved, communication, and loyalty so neither party gets hurt. Sad part is that this is communicated until one person has the other heartbroken.

I believe in them, just needs a whole lot of God and less Selfishness

TRUUST

View Profile
History
Posted : 6 Dec, 2011 12:15 AM

THANK U SOOOOO MUCH ...LOVELY SISTER AND BROTHER FOR ...U COOOL AND...SO MUTURE ?GOD'S SUPPORTIVE ANSWERS!!!!

HAY,GUY...I NEEDED U SUP[ORTS HERE.......SO MUCH!!!!

WELL,I HAD MY SELF ...THAT KIND OF RELATIONSHIP...WELL NOT SOOO LONG DISTANCE IT WAS IN EUROPE BUT......IT WAS HARD AT THAT TIME FOR ME TO TRAVEL EASY TO THERE......

WOW.....I'D SHARE MY EXPIRIANCE IN ......SOM E DAYS HERE.......JUST WOULD LOVE TO SEE U ENCOURIGMENTS SISTER/BROTHERS ....MAYBE COZ.......MY FRIENDHIP/RELATINSHIP......DID NOT SUCCSEED AT THAT TIME.....:(

BUT I CAN ASHURE U GOD IS WORKING TO ME HARD BECOUSE OF IT AND BECOSE OF GRATE LOVE I FOUND IN BISHOPS HOMES THERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!WELL GOD WAS SO MERCY HE JUST ...SHOWED ME HIMSELF SO MUCH IN PRACTICAL WAY..........THAT I NEEDED!!!!!!!

YES, IT'S SO NICE TO SEE THE FRUITS OF JESUS IN HELPING HANDS!!!!!!

TEARS A COMMING IN MY EYES.....TEARS OF MUCH THANKFULNES AND LOVE TO OUR FATHER IN HAVEN....

LOVE U ALLL GUYS :p)

KEEP IN PRAYER FOR....EVERYTHINK:p)

PHILIPIANS 4 ( THE WHOLE CHAPTER- WOW..IT'S ONE OF MY FAFORIES TOOO!!!!):angel::angel::angel::angel:GUARDIANCE ANGELS TO AAAAAAAAAAAAALLL OF U HERE!!!!

VANI:glow::bouncy::bouncy::bouncy::purpleangel::purpleangel::angel::angel::prayingf::prayingf::prayingf::prayingf::prayingf::angel::angel::angel::angel::angel::angel::angel::angel::angel:

rhead81

View Profile
History
Posted : 6 Dec, 2011 04:41 AM

I can attest to that. I am in a long distance relationship and i would say it would take a lot of hard work, dedication and trust to work it out. As of now, we have plans of getting married too. God willing.. :glow:

TRUUST

View Profile
History
Posted : 6 Dec, 2011 07:20 AM

WOW...THANK U DEAR SISTER , HEY LOOK AT WWHAT I FOUND IN THE TITLE OF ONE OF THE SISTERS HERE:p)

Distance is just a test to see how far love can travel!!!!!WOW....I CAN EDD ALSO MAYBE MORE A LITTLE BIT OF TRUST IN THE LORD...AND......IN THAT PERSON....:p)

LOVE IN CHRIST TO ALL OF U!!!:angel::angel::angel::angel::angel::bouncy::bouncy::bouncy::bouncy::bouncy::bouncy::bouncy::bouncy::bouncy::bouncy::bouncy::bouncy::prayingf::prayingf::prayingf::prayingf::prayingf::prayingf::prayingf::prayingf::prayingf:

tlovell24

View Profile
History
Posted : 7 Dec, 2011 07:04 AM

I think long distance relationships are difficult but doable. It gives the couple a chance to prove their love/infatuation for the person they're with. I have a friend in town who is now in a long distance engagement relationship meaning that they are engaged even though their significant other is out of state. It's working well, but there are hardships and who do they turn to for help? Me! Ha. Well, let me just say that most long distance relationships don't work out, but this is the first I've seen in years that actually lasted this long. Almost a year.

That's all I have to say for now, but if I think anymore, I'll post another reply.

TRUUST

View Profile
History
Posted : 11 Dec, 2011 12:15 AM

DEAR BROTHER THANK U FOR U OPINION!!!

LORD BLESS U!:angel::angel::angel::angel::angel:

LOVE IN HIM,

VANI

PS. I THINK IT'S WORTHY TO TAKE THAT ADVICE - WELL I READ IN SOME SISTER'S PROFILE THAT IF WE WORK PART TIME IN THE MINISTRY AND WE ARE INVOLVED IN CHURCH WORK VERY MUCH AND MISSIONARY WILL BE MUCH EASIER TO HAVE GOOD MARRIAGE......

j213

View Profile
History
Posted : 13 Jan, 2012 03:08 PM

I think a distance relationship is more than possible. Texting, skype, email, facebook etc... all make communicating easy. Also flights are relatively inexpensive and there are plenty of ways to get free flights to go and visit the other person.

If for example, you have been dating/know someone for a long time but for whatever reason you end up living in different parts of the country there is no reason you can't have a relationship over distance.

I think the challenge is much greater if you don't already know the person and you meet them online. As far as I know the attractive, God seeking young Christian girl I am messaging could be a 40 year old, 300 lb, sex offender male. Also while you can talk to the person you don't have the opportunity to see them in there normal life, how they interact with there friends or under stress etc and it is difficult to know there character. At some point you will need to spend time with them in person but I think online can be a great way to meet other people with the same values as long as you are careful.

One advantage however is that you are able to get to know each other with zero risk of becoming physical.

View Profile
History
Posted : 13 Jan, 2012 11:48 PM

Long distance relationships are a lot of hard work, esp. if you haven't met the person in real life. The main thing I've realized is that if you and the other person you are talking to are not both very fluent in the same language-for me, either English or German-then the relationship will not work out. This is how it's been for me.

Page : 1 2