Author Thread: Would you rather be Sarah or Ruth?
blackbeltbruce

View Profile
History
Would you rather be Sarah or Ruth?
Posted : 28 Feb, 2009 11:29 AM

I was thinking about the differences between Sarah and Ruth, and wondered which one women would rather be like.

Sarah was there for Abraham through all his adventures, and reaped the rewards with him.

Ruth, went through her own adventures and trying times before meeting Boaz. Boaz was a successful man when Ruth married him and shared in his rewards.

So the question is, which would you rather be and why?

If any guys would like to chime in, do you have a preference as to what relationship start is better?

View Profile
History
Posted : 28 Feb, 2009 02:53 PM

Ruth I think I am her already lol jk

Elisa

View Profile
History
Posted : 28 Feb, 2009 09:47 PM

Both Sarah and Ruth had very important roles to fill, which they did admirably. They both chose to serve the Lord. I prefer to follow their collective example and serve the Lord to the best of my abilities and in the way that most please my Lord.

Blessings,

Elisa

Elisa

View Profile
History
Posted : 1 Mar, 2009 09:48 AM

Rereading my posts would be a good start to check for spelling and grammatical errors. Please forgive me.

I reread this morning and cringed.

Blessings,

Elisa

View Profile
History
Posted : 2 Mar, 2009 10:18 AM

While most men would love to be pursued by a beautiful young woman, like Ruth, I would prefer the Sarah type.

Sarah was a very faithful and loyal wife. Even when Abraham asked her to do things that she didn't want to do, she put his needs before her own. This type of self sacrifice makes the husband want to do the same in return. What a beautiful marriage they must have had.

Even when Sarah gave Abraham Hagar to have a child with, she still knew the place she had with Abraham. When she called on Abraham to choose between the two women, she knew who would be chosen. I think I would want a wife who is confident in her position in my life.

Love and grace,

Leon

blackbeltbruce

View Profile
History
Posted : 2 Mar, 2009 10:51 PM

Thank you for viewpoint, Leon. I always enjoy seeing what you write.

I wonder if this topic is too sensitive for most women to respond, or is it too obvious, or distasteful. To date, 51 people have viewed it, but only 5 replies (counting your's and mine).

Ruth was a worthy mate for Boaz. She had been tried in the fire and shaped into a Godly woman that Boaz could count on. Her journey started serparate from Boaz, but God shaped them for each other and brought them together at the right time.

Sarah gets my vote too. Abraham owed part of his successes to her. I like to think that Sarah was part of the blessing that God gave Abraham.

A freind of mine, who is a millionaire, had a wonderful wife who died recently. Aggie use to say, "I always knew that I would marry a successful man, I just didn't know how hard I would have to work to get him there." Then she would laugh.

Go bless all you Godly women,

Bruce

chozen2b

View Profile
History
Posted : 3 Mar, 2009 07:43 PM

Bruce, I was one of those who viewed your post with the intention of giving it more thought because I didn't have a clear answer at the time. I didn't think it was distasteful/too obvious but thought provoking. I think both Sara and Ruth provide us woman with examples of good quality traits so I find it hard to choose.

View Profile
History
Posted : 3 Mar, 2009 09:00 PM

Hi... Well this is my first answer to a posted question. Throw it in the air and see what lands and let go the chaff that the wind blows away.

Sarah; Although she was faithful to Abraham Sarah tried to make her own way for God's word to be fulfilled by sending Hagar to be with Abraham. Then she laughed at or mocked God about her having a child at such an old age and lied about it.

But� Sarah was blessed. She was the mother of the nation called by God, to be God�s chosen people. A hefty responsibility.

I feel Ruth was a much stronger woman. Ruth was from a foreign land and pagan culture, yet she was faithful to her mother-in-law Naomi and to Naomi�s God. Ruth faced hardship by not choosing to go back to her birth family which she had every right to do.

Ruth also listened and was wise to do what Naomi and Boaz told her to do. She was as good as her word. Ruth worked hard in the fields and followed the Jewish laws and traditions. Ruth was from Moab a very pagan culture, but she put all that away to follow the Hebrew God.

Ruth was redeemed by Boaz. He was the go�el or family kinsman-redeemer for Naomi�s family. Ruth�s story is parallel to Jesus redeeming us, sinners and pagans, into the house of God.

So my long answer would be Ruth. She was faithful, of good character, favored by God, but most of all she was redeemed.

Blessings! C :glow:

View Profile
History
Posted : 4 Mar, 2009 01:42 AM

Both of Sarah and Ruth are Godly wives. I prefer Ruth.

beccalee1281

View Profile
History
Posted : 6 Mar, 2009 04:24 PM

Though both were great women of faith in the end, but the journey there was not easy!

Sarah's lack of faith in God's promise lead her to give Hagar to Abraham and after the child was born jealosy lead her to force Abraham to choose. If she had trusted God when He gave the promise there would not have been so many issues. In the end God provided the son just as He promised! Sarah is a picture of the many things that we face because a lot of times we have a promise in our lives but go out and try to accomplish it through our own means instead of waiting on God!

Ruth came from a heathen background and from an ungodly place. When given the choice she chose to stick it out with Naomi even after being warned that she may not be accepted! She was faithful to work and wait, and God blessed her! She is a picture of us in that we were all heathens and ungodly but after finding our way to Him we need to stick with Him and trust Him!

I would rather be RUTH!

Phoenyx

View Profile
History
Posted : 5 Apr, 2009 04:04 PM

I would rather be Ruth. I think that Sarah, in this circumstance, is the example of a person who was raised Christian, while Ruth was raised as a Pagan. Though neither are better than the other, because both ended up being saved, I feel that Ruths give a better physical example of the change from unsaved to saved.

Page : 1 2