Author Thread: why are you still single?
Admin

why are you still single?
Posted : 12 Dec, 2013 10:06 AM

?

anyann

View Profile
History
Posted : 13 Dec, 2013 11:50 AM

yes ?

teach_ib

View Profile
History
Posted : 13 Dec, 2013 06:30 PM

Because I have not met the man God wants me to marry.

dunravin

View Profile
History
Posted : 13 Dec, 2013 07:42 PM

As a guy I will give an answer...because I am too important to waste on a mere mortal...I am too skeptical to see that my arrogance in refusing to make a choice is a blindness that I can hide behind in the name of God...I am not accepting of my own mortality...I refuse to accept that There are hundreds of wonderful women out there who would make amazing mates and only want miss perfect...I am not particularly accepting of my shortcomings because I am God's gift to the universe..I think I could go on but then I would be truely demonstrating that if I were a real blonde I would be a ditz, but I am not a real blond only the past tense of one so therefore I cannot be a ditz because that also would be demonstrative of thinking of myself as a lower form of human than everyone else...now you know ...Yes I am single, why....well I am a guy and...As a guy I will give an answer...because I am too important to waste on a mere mortal...whoops I think my ditziness is showing....

mcubed

View Profile
History
Posted : 13 Dec, 2013 08:49 PM

so your a guy with "a bigger getter deal" problem... your a dime a dozen... at least your not special!!!!!

View Profile
History
Posted : 14 Dec, 2013 05:02 AM

And... or... simply, too picky vs. "The person I wanted to marry doesnt want to marry me." :dunce:

Any volunteer?:excited:

1jon310

View Profile
History
Posted : 14 Dec, 2013 11:02 AM

dunraven

I suspect that you have wrote what most have hidden in their hearts and will not admit to themselves or others. Then they get tired of waiting and "settle" or compromise to the extreme and find misery has become their closest friend.

r

Hisjoymypeace

View Profile
History
Posted : 14 Dec, 2013 11:21 AM

.......after reading previous responses, I guess I would have to say that I'm still single because of a combination of all the above.........there that was easy:rolleyes:(smile)!

View Profile
History
Posted : 14 Dec, 2013 12:33 PM

1. Because he hasn't found me yet ?

2. Because he thinks he has and has yet to clue me on it ??

3. We are both on different sites looking for love in all the wrong places ???

4. All of the above ????

:goofball:...xo

dunravin

View Profile
History
Posted : 14 Dec, 2013 04:37 PM

This is a very vexing question in truth and although I endeavoured to interject my own particular brand of silliness into the discussion the reality is simply that everyone her at cdff is here for a reason and mostly that reason is loneliness...the need to be treasured and loved and adored and considered to be the most wonderful, dynamic and amazing person in the universe. So then the why are you still single question arises. Because we as humans are fearful of making fools of ourselves, we fear ridicule despite the nature of our errors. So we literally demand that God take over and make a choice for us. Then it surely is Gods will if it goes well and also if it doesn't. If the relationship founders then we did not hear Gods voice clearly and therefore demonstrated our human nature. That way we do not have to take personal responsibility for making poor choices. If the relationship goes on to be a wonderful experience then equally it is because God deemed it to be so ...ergo we also accord the responsibility to God. In either case it is simply that personal responsibility is thrown to the wind. Man no longer makes active and rational choices...those choices generally are made for us...Society makes choices for us, governments make choices for us, family makes choices for us, stigmatisation makes choices for us, children make choices for us...ad infinitum. or nauseum as the case may be. Some people wake up in the morning and ask God what colour socks to wear in this day...and if those bright orange socks do not go with that Bright blue suit it is because someone else does not appreciate the glory of God having created wonderful colours. I am single because I have learned that I sometimes make poor choices but those poor choices are mine and mine alone...I cannot blame God for everything that goes wrong, or the devil for that matter. In times of yore many marriages were arranged by a person specially gifted with particular skills in that arena and most of these marriages survived and became wonderful relationships. People made choices and accepted the consequences of those choices as a personal responsibility. Well that is enough from me.

View Profile
History
Posted : 14 Dec, 2013 06:39 PM

Because I refuse to settle with less.

I am not looking for perfection. Just complementary.

Complimentary sometimes work too. ;)

Page : 1 2 3