Author Thread: Being single is not always a bad thing
jonrambow

View Profile
History
Being single is not always a bad thing
Posted : 14 Oct, 2014 01:31 AM

I have grown 10 x closer with God since I became single. And its helped with my self control a lot too. :) There is a time for everything :bunny:

View Profile
History
Posted : 15 Jan, 2015 05:00 PM

totally agree with ya!!!! being single is good but not for too long :zzzz:

Ladytwinkle

View Profile
History
Posted : 18 Apr, 2015 10:57 PM

I totally agree it allows you to grow deeper with god. and yea not a bad thing something the wrong people leaves your life for a reason plus the main fact they are not in it any more means they were never meant to be...... so i don't god why, just trusting iin him and allowing him to improve what he needs to with my life and giving him the praise he deserves!!!!

lizamari58

View Profile
History
Posted : 14 Sep, 2015 11:46 AM

I've been a single parent for 3 lovely daughters for 25 years now. It was tough when you don't have a job, a house, any friend and the ex wouldn't support a single cent. But that didn't let me surrender. I sold any item we had , furnitures , some jewelries and even the coffee jar and my new kitchen apron and had to say goodbye to my collection of kitchen utensils and home decors. I accepted a secretarial job and had to wear one pair of shoes for two years . My little sewing skill helped a lot sewing for new found friends .We lived one day at a time ....and that lasted for 25 years ! Even my daughters were amazed how we did that. We never got hungry and we lived a dignified life. I never asked anyone for a penny. My girls struggled with me and were my inspiration and strength. After 25 years, I have an Architect, an Engineer and a Psychologist in hand. One daughter is happily married and have a good job.The other 2 will soon get married as well. Our secret....we stayed together and gave strength to each other. We surrendered everything to God and He sustained us all these years.Being single for so long needed strong faith in God and strong determination . I think God has rewarded our endurance and pain. God is so good to provide me all the strength and courage to fight for what I believe is right. To all single parent..don't give up , don't despair ...God will never forsake you.

lizamari58

View Profile
History
Posted : 14 Sep, 2015 11:55 AM

Being depressed is one last thing that you'd do if you have lovely kids to consider . My kids were 9, 4, and a newborn when my ex went stray. I promised to myself to take care of these kids even if I had to die . First thing to do is to decide to become a responsible parent. Forget your own pain and think about your kids' happiness only. Fill the empty space that one parent left - double your love to your children . No not let your children be the victim of a broken marriage. Do not punish them for the sin that their parent has done. Work hard, live a decent life ,do not let hope leave your heart and do not surrender to many more trials you will face being a single parent. It will take a long, long way to finally achieve your goal....but believe me ....the reward of your sufferings is sweet .

Blessings.

View Profile
History
Posted : 20 Dec, 2015 02:28 AM

Well, appreciate your faith and strong spirit! Actually you are not the one with this story - the same to me. 11, 9 and on the first month of pregnancy of the third:) After 2 years of constant weeping at nights there came out the decision and strong wish to visit Jerusalem - you've changed yourself a bit after that and you decided to move on. You applied for a new job in another city and got it and it took for two years to combine 4 days at home taking care of kids and 3 days away - at work earning in 4-6 number of times more as an ordinary teacher:) And now being thankful to God for everything you went through you really appreciate His love and mercy.

God_is_my_Father

View Profile
History
Posted : 30 May, 2016 10:59 AM

Being single is great, according to Paul. It always you to stay focused on the Lord, undistracted by marital obligations. Being divorced with children is always bad, but not always the worst; i.e. when you have an abusive spouse who refuses the instruction of the Lord. Sometimes you have to separate for your physical safety and the safety of the children. Sometimes you are physically abandoned. It would be better if the spouse came to their senses and met their responsibilities in the marriage. But God's goal for the divorced is always reconciliation. He is the one who ordained marriage to last until death, and says to stay divorced or reconcile/remarry the spouse. I know a couple who married each other 3 times. It finally stuck. 1 Corinthians 7:10-11. That is why He prohibits marriage to another in these verses. If you have been married, and are no longer, you are a widow(er) or divorced. Single = never been married. Please don't lie against the Holy Ghost, and add trouble to your woes. Don't call a bad thing good. Like the prophet said, "Woe unto them who call evil good, and good evil." 1 Peter 3 gives instruction for how to respond to the husband who obeys not the word of the Lord and how to dwell with the wife. Again, this is not a suggestion that you submit to beatings. If that happens, call the police and the pastor in that order. Get safe. But don't think you have a better way to respond than what God is saying is the right way to respond.

Kate.

View Profile
History
Posted : 20 Jan, 2017 03:38 PM

I have so much respect for you from what I heard in your last two postings. I'm a single parent too, my only child will be 18 soon so it is getting a lot easier now. I wish I could say I did the perfect job with him, but I've tried and it worked somehow.

Well done.

Kate.

View Profile
History
Posted : 20 Jan, 2017 03:40 PM

My posting was in regards to lizamari58.

Kate.

View Profile
History
Posted : 20 Jan, 2017 03:46 PM

I became a single parent almost 18 years ago, my childs' father was never a part of our life though I've tried. It was always difficult for me to be single and I ended up in too many meaningless relationships that were doomed. Only since I found God and learned about Christianity I changed my life accordingly. Since then I am a happy single and live celibate. No more meaningless relationships for me.

Chioniso

View Profile
History
Posted : 23 Sep, 2017 03:52 AM

Oh God is so so so good. Lets praise Him. Alleluiah!!!!!. I am so much motivated.