Author Thread: Who talks first?
grlnextdr777

View Profile
History
Who talks first?
Posted : 23 Oct, 2014 03:43 PM

If a guy views a profile but doesn't wink or message, is it a turn off for the girl to message first? Did he not wink or message because he wasn't interested? Shed a little light please. Thanks in advance.

View Profile
History
Who talks first?
Posted : 23 Oct, 2014 05:36 PM

G'day

What do you feel like when you look at someone's profile and do not wink or send a note to say hello? More times than not if someone looks, they are looking at the face and see something in the profile that does not match the criteria they have constructed for themselves.

Just the way it is

View Profile
History
Who talks first?
Posted : 23 Oct, 2014 06:59 PM

If a guy looks at a profile, it doesn't mean anything at all. If he looks at it 10 times, then maybe it means something. ;) If I want to message someone but have no time or am busy, then I save that person in my Favorites. And if they ask why, I let them know. If I save someone in my Favorites, I appreciate if they start talking.

View Profile
History
Who talks first?
Posted : 25 Oct, 2014 12:32 PM

If you never ask you will never know, just say hello and see what happens if you want to.

OnlyAchi

View Profile
History
Who talks first?
Posted : 26 Oct, 2014 05:59 PM

Maybe he was too shy to send any of those. A lot of people try to meet some one online because they were too shy to do it in person. Even then, here for example, they could lean on someone else to make the first move. But again, as others say, you will not know if you don`t ask that person. If you like him, don`t hesitate to make the move, we are all grown ups here.

PlanManR

View Profile
History
Who talks first?
Posted : 28 Oct, 2014 01:42 PM

There are too many variables.....just like the reasons a girl would not talk first.

1. Roles. Who wants which role? Who wants to be the leader? One who does not may not make first contact.

2. Busyness. Maybe the person has little time to be focused on all the fine details and overlooks something. This may cause a non-contact. If a girl instead initiates, that potential loss can be avoided.

3. red flags in the profile

4. A nuclear bomb fell in the kitchen and they couldn't respond.

You never really know. If the potential outcome is lifelong love, why should the first step be a point of contention?

I say go for it.

View Profile
History
Who talks first?
Posted : 3 Nov, 2014 10:28 PM

It doesn't mean anything. For example, I'm a driver and during my lunch break I might browse around just to see who's on. I might look at a profile while eating a ham sandwich and then start driving again. It doesn't mean I'm interested. Of course, it doesn't mean I'm not interested either. A dating site is like a zoo in a lot of ways.

What I've found is that women are going to overanalyze no matter what. If you were to write something, their walls go up and they say "what did he mean by that?" If you don't write anything, they say "why doesn't he say anything?"

So, ultimately, you might as well enjoy gawking around completely unconcerned for what anyone might think or not think.

Blessings. :-)

Alwayswithyou

View Profile
History
Who talks first?
Posted : 5 Nov, 2014 12:07 AM

think about the people you know (both male and female) and ponder how different they are. Whether a man looks at your profile and does not respond is no reflection whatsoever on you! The thing that you should consider is

"Am I interested in him?"

If the answer is yes...then...well...talk to him! Hey the absolute worst thing that could happen is that he does not respond to your gesture. If that is the case...MOVE ON! Also there is nothing wrong or improper for a woman to initiate a conversation. Look, just be yourself. If you would approach a man at a party or out in public then do that here. Be yourself because eventually you will have to so why not just start from the beginning.

I wish you the best of results here and will pray for that.

ben315

View Profile
History
Who talks first?
Posted : 22 Nov, 2014 11:12 AM

It could be that he is no within your age specifications that you set on your profile. If you put that you want to meet some one with the ages of 30-40 years old than only those guys with in that age range will be able to send a wink and/or message. Otherwise christian dating for free will block the wink/ message from being sent.

There has been plenty of woman on here that I have been interested in, but I was unable to send anything letting them know I am interested because of being blocked by there age restrictions.

1mountain

View Profile
History
Who talks first?
Posted : 6 Dec, 2014 12:37 AM

If a guy you think interesting viewed your profile and didn't say anything then yes definitely send him a wink. I view girls profiles often enough, and don't think they would be interested in me so I send nothing. Then they send a message or wink and we get to talking.

In real life it's the same, at least with me. If a gal doesn't smile at me I usually think she doesn't want my attentions. If she does then I will know she might and risk rejection.

A lot of guys have become rather timid, most of all the more sensitive ones among us. The simple advice I'd give to any gal on here is, if you find a guy interesting indicate it to him. Then he'll know he has half a chance of getting a reply to his messages.

fearnada98

View Profile
History
Who talks first?
Posted : 27 Dec, 2014 04:41 PM

Most definitely. If a guy looks at your profile and does not leave a wink or message you, there is a very good possibility that he is not interested. I don't see a problem with double checking though and sending him a wink or message. What harm can it do? Sometimes guys look at a pic or read a profile and are "on the fence" so to speak. So we may just pass on it. So if you reply back, this could give us a little nudge!

Page : 1 2