Author Thread: The first message to a woman
Fixingme

View Profile
History
The first message to a woman
Posted : 21 Apr, 2015 06:29 PM

What do women want to read in the first message they receive from a man?

Hisjoymypeace

View Profile
History
Posted : 21 Apr, 2015 08:52 PM

Well speaking only for this women...I've always enjoyed when a man can convey his wit, sense of humor and assurance of himself, in his initial approach(smile)!! Not necessarily him first speaking of his relationship with The Lord, I'd always for the most part want that first message to reflect him just being himself!!

View Profile
History
Posted : 22 Apr, 2015 05:18 PM

I like to KNOW that he has actually taken the time to read my profile and has an understanding of what I wrote through my profile.

Id suggest you write and comment on something she has written in her profile. Ask her a question pertaining to what you found interesting.

And like joy said: wit and humor are good things too.

People like it when we talk about THEM. It shows selflessness and it also exudes gentlemanly qualities imho.

Gods grace to ya.

Have fun and let God lead:bouncy:

View Profile
History
Posted : 7 May, 2015 04:16 AM

i guess im expecting to read from the first message of a guy would be like he will make it clear about his intentions why he is writing me in the first place...coz if not why bother sending me a message LOL just an honest opinion...:glow::glow::glow:

wee_scotch_egg

View Profile
History
Posted : 11 May, 2015 01:25 PM

For them too just say hello and tell me a bit about themselves. If they start saying as soon as they saw me they knew i was their woman of the their dreams I run. If they also give me their email address or telephone, I ignore as I am not going to contact a complete stranger.

Just be normal.

osol_letse

View Profile
History
Posted : 14 May, 2015 12:01 AM

hi's and hello's do not arouse my interest sometimes..

tho..i sometimes reply to them politely..

i reply to someone who knows how to arouse my mind...something that catch my attention that i can't help but to reply..

View Profile
History
Posted : 15 May, 2015 02:08 PM

***DOs***

Start with a greeting.

Introduce yourself. (It's surprising how many men don't do this.)

Make note of something from her profile that caught your interest and follow it up with a question.

Share something about yourself that you haven't included on your profile, preferable something that's of mutual interest. This information is often best shared through a story about yourself rather than just stated facts, and your style of story-telling will help express your personality.

Close your message & leave your name.

***DON'Ts***

Please skip the negative self-talk, or negativity in general.

I recommend avoiding comments about a person's appearance in a first message. It's pretty much a given that you find the person attractive if you're initiating contact on a dating site.

I also think it's unnecessary to make remarks about wanting to hear back from the person. When I read comments of that nature it comes across as insecure in my opinion, but maybe that's just my experiential perceptions.

CHEERS!

Twitwi96

View Profile
History
Posted : 22 May, 2015 09:50 AM

I agree with @wee_scotch_egg . If you can think of anything besides confessing your love for a lady and hounding her with requests to contact her on other forums you're probably on the right track. I loathe it when someone says they love me and the next thing I know I get their phone number/skype name/facebook profile name etc.

I second just introducing yourself then bringing up a mutual interest, saying something new about yourself, and finishing off with a question that you are interested in finding the answer to (not: I like mangoes. Do you?, I see a lot of this)and also one that will further the conversation/create depth.

View Profile
History
Posted : 27 May, 2015 07:30 PM

Anything is better than hi, hello, and how are you doing.

After a while these messages feel like spam. And well most likely not get a response from ladies... at least from me anyways

Say something that lets us know you looked at a profile. That means you actually took time to read it and are actually interested in more than just our faces.

Bly7the6

View Profile
History
Posted : 2 Jun, 2015 04:05 PM

Well, I want to know what prompted him to send me a message in the first place, e.g. same interests, conviction, etc.

Not a narration though but something light and concise.

View Profile
History
Posted : 2 Jul, 2015 02:26 PM

I personally like it when a man introduces himself, lets me know that he read my profile and what stood out, and I want to know his beliefs. I want to know if he's a true follower of Christ or not. If he doesn't satisfy that, I will grill him for answers. :devil: God states in His Word that His children are not to be unequally yoked with non-believers. This is why I'm so picky on that point.

Some things that turn me off instantly, is self-yammering, instant asking for a photo or what I look like, etc. If a man is egotistical, arrogant, etc. that is also a major turn off.

I do like a man that's approachable. He should let it be known that he's open and willing to answer any questions. :)

Page : 1 2