Author Thread: Are there women who assume there is never a good reason to withhold
God_is_my_Father

View Profile
History
Are there women who assume there is never a good reason to withhold
Posted : 18 Nov, 2015 03:57 PM

a picture or personal information; or that a man outside their predetermined comfort zone is unable to minister any love, grace, or truth to them, if the man does not fit into the box they have given to God?

View Profile
History
Posted : 14 Dec, 2015 06:43 PM

I personally don't think there is a good reason to withhold a profile picture. It's highly suspect when pictures aren't posted. Plus I would like to know how the person I'm talking to looks like. I don't care what anyone says, looks do matter. They don't mean everything but attraction has to be there, at least for me it does.

hubbarddebra99

View Profile
History
Posted : 15 Dec, 2015 03:55 PM

actually, I go on this site for fun, and to talk in the chat forum.

low and behold, a really really nice guy contacted me.

we've been talking for months now and I really like him.

we exchanged addresses, and I hope we soon exchange phone #, and can arrange to meet soon!

But I Came Here With No Expectations!!!!!!!!!!

1mountain

View Profile
History
Posted : 18 Dec, 2015 02:07 AM

@hubbard

Praise be to God may God bless you both!

I do have to agree I too have a higher level of suspicion about profiles with no picture of the person though. Riddle me this: when you meet someone in person, do they see you? Do they get to look in your eyes, which I believe are the windows to the soul? Why then interrupt God's natural process? I know you can find someone without having a pic but how is that better than with one?

I suggest everyone have at least two pictures, one a portrait of their face (not too close up so it gets distorted which includes at least one visible eye) and one full length picture. I may sound superficial or picky here but it's not for those reasons (I am a twig, seeking similar lol). People have a lot of differing ideas about what 'average' 'athletic' and 'curvy' mean, and my concept of those also differs. Hint: if you are in Europe athletic seems to mean muscly and thin-ish, full figured can mean well edowed, and so on. Anyway folks, God bless.

1mountain

View Profile
History
Posted : 18 Dec, 2015 02:21 AM

A relatively wise man once said this to me.

'many people say 'don't judge a person based on looks'. They are missing the point though, that the human intuition has been fine tuned over billions of years to understand the personality and intentions of another human at a moments glance. Picture a cabman that runs into another in a forest; he must determine in an instant, is this human of good or ill intent? Will they kill me or shake my hand and share their marula fruits with me?'

Pictures are less for looks to some of us, and more for a first impression. For you Creationists out there, if God designed man then what I said is still true; God would not design us in general with faulty instruments for detecting false intentions. Granted some seem to have better intuition than others, but as a tribe and as a family we are meant to help each other.

algomaboy

View Profile
History
Posted : 28 Feb, 2016 04:11 PM

I with hold some things as a guy on the internet to get rid of scammers. Some times I use a different name as the one I use on this site. I also sometimes hide my picture. I have in the past list my picture as un seen. I do this for safety as I do this as a guy women are the same.

Page : 1 2