Author Thread: Holdng Hands
1jon310

View Profile
History
Holdng Hands
Posted : 13 Aug, 2017 05:19 PM

Ok, Sisters in Christ. Many of your profiles speak to the desire to hold hands with your spouse or romantic interest. Please explain what the significance is of holding hands from YOUR (that means a woman's) point of view. How does holding hands affect your emotions, your state of love or feelings of well being?

Thank You r

Obediencetotheword

View Profile
History
Holdng Hands
Posted : 18 Aug, 2017 08:34 AM

It looks like you have not gotten a response to your question. I just found my way to these forums and would like to give a woman's insight. Women like to hold hands because it is a way to show closeness or intimacy to our mate. If I see a man and a woman walking and holding hands, it communicates a display of their affection for each other. But not all women likes it. You may want to read the book, Five Languages of Love. A touch, such as holding hands, is a love language. If touch is the primary or secondary love language of the person (male or female), he/she will fell loved by such gesture. ☺

1jon310

View Profile
History
Holdng Hands
Posted : 18 Aug, 2017 08:08 PM

Thank You for your input. I have read and feel that I understand the Love Languages book as well as some of the others in the series. The language of touch is one thing but after having observed others and talked with other men it just seems that women have a different understanding of holding hands. Even some women who do not have touch as a primary or secondary love language will show and affinity for holding hands when they do not really care for any other type of touch. But they can not explain to me why that is. So I am asking the women of this site. Could you explain with more depth please?

PositiveLiss

View Profile
History
Holdng Hands
Posted : 15 Sep, 2017 06:53 PM

Holdings hands is to feel closeness, that you (as girl) are protected and kind of "showing the world and yourself" that you are not alone, you are fine, you are together as a team and whatever is happening your mate is there for you...

For me is a way to know that your partner is supporting you without words, that he is aware of you and taking care of you without saying it, that you are together even though the running lifestyle that we are into, that he wants to be in touch with you any time that he can...

Holding hands at church or praying together I think might be powerfully rather than doing separated...

If your partner likes to hold hands make the effort to do so and you will notice her with more confidence

Otherwise if she likes to hold hands and suddenly she doesn't want to do so, you need to make time and talk because something is wrong

I like this topic, hope other girls can give their thoughts :thumbsup:

(PS sorry for any grammar mistakes)

Ocean17

View Profile
History
Holdng Hands
Posted : 23 Nov, 2017 05:42 PM

I don't know how a couple survives if they don't touch. Not all the time but have a communication between them in their touch, their look, smile, the non-verbal can say more at times than the verbal.

If I put my hand in a man's hand, I want it to mean something to both of us. It's a public, yet discreet way of showing affection, closeness, security, reassurance, you are there for each other and supportive.

I my parents were married for 28 years, until my father passed away. I never saw them hold hands, hug, kiss or another sweetness of affection. I find that very disturbing and since I was very young, do not want that kind of relationship for myself.

In my opinion, if there's no touching, then it becomes the relationship becomes mechanical.

I go the for the Human Touch all the time.

Ocean17

View Profile
History
Holdng Hands
Posted : 23 Nov, 2017 05:45 PM

You suggested that holding hands is different for a man. Please explain.