Author Thread: Why a LOT of GUYS (& Girls) get passed up on this DATING site
Admin

Why a LOT of GUYS (& Girls) get passed up on this DATING site
Posted : 11 Jan, 2018 08:17 AM

Please LIST reasons why you passed them up...here's some of mine

1. Its a CHRISTIAN dating site...some put nothing about God on their profile..shows He's unimportant to them.

2. Sending WINKS, SMILES, is like going a nite club, handing me a card and walking away. It goes in the trash.

3. Pictures with sunglasses (or no picture) is like going to a nite club and having a bag on your head.

4. Pictures with a FISH you caught...disgusting

5. This is a DATING site....if one is shooting the breeze with 'HEY' and no real thought-out intro, it says they just want a pen pal....that's what FB or social media is for.

PastTheEdges

View Profile
History
Posted : 11 Jan, 2018 08:25 AM

Thanks StillHaveIt...for throwing the guys a lifeline.

View Profile
History
Posted : 11 Jan, 2018 08:26 AM

Forgot to put ...#6 PREACHING in their profile is a MAJOR turnoff!!! I don't even click on them. This is a DATING site...not FB or social media.......YES, we WANT you to mention God...but we want to hear about YOU...if one is too heavenly to be any earthly good, that's a turn off. Even ministers go home and do something else with their day after ministering....

View Profile
History
Posted : 11 Jan, 2018 08:27 AM

You are welcome, champion!

View Profile
History
Posted : 12 Jan, 2018 03:29 PM

Speaking as a man seeking a woman, I will say the following things just make me shake my head...

1. Poor photos.

a. Some are too dark, blurry or your face is covered by gigantic, insect-eye sunglasses.

b. Some have more than one lady in the shot. This has two potential effects: another lady in the photo is nicer looking than you are, and so puts you in a bad light; and it is just plain confusing, since we don't necessarily know which one you're supposed to be.

c. Some shots are clearly ten years old. Dishonesty does not become you and certainly does not help when the man finally meets you face to face. (I understand men sometimes do this as well. Not too bright since you will be met and seen in the unforgiving light of reality at some point.)

d. Not smiling in at least some of your photos (this was brought to my attention recently about my own profile) also makes you look like a brooding person with a chip on your shoulder. Not attractive.

e. And ladies PLEASE stop using those ridiculous AR filters in your pics. We want to see what you look like, now how much a clever app can distort your face or add flowers and other assorted items to your head.

2. When the site asks for interests, it's asking for your hobbies and favorite pastimes. Putting in "love", or "men", or leaving it blank do not help. For me, at least, sharing interests is important. Obviously every interest cannot be shared, but you need a few items that you can both get enthused about.

3. When you are asked to describe yourself, typing "I dont know what to put here just ask what you want to know", it is hard to state what this makes me think about the woman in question. First of all, poor grammar is a turn-off. But, so is a lack of self-awareness and effort to think. Deep, thoughtful woman are sexy.

4. Age range. Many women put in "any", but do not mean that. It is helpful to be clear about the ages you find tolerable. (As for some of the quasi-cougarism I've seen on this site, I've left that to another thread. But, I know some men do the same thing since I've heard women complain about that. Go for the younger hottie -- I speak to both women and men -- but don't limit yourself to ONLY that type.)

Just my 25 cents.

Jayzeee

View Profile
History
Posted : 14 Jan, 2018 04:31 AM

OK well here are mine...

1, Winking, is lazy & pointless send a message this is a free site.

2, Giving your phone number in a first communication, I find this really off putting and it also sends out I'm desperate vibes.

3, Multiple profiles, this makes me think the person is dishonest and up to no good.

4, Lack of communication, I find it irritating when someone contacts me but has nothing to say it's like pulling teeth.

View Profile
History
Posted : 14 Jan, 2018 05:56 AM

Emails that state: "I didn't write much about myself so just ask!" Who has time to ask 100 questions???

Additionally: when there is no relevant substance: i.e. How's your day?

The emails I respond to are when they actually READ my profile and found Common interests to talk about.

View Profile
History
Posted : 14 Jan, 2018 05:59 AM

To the gal who put "preaching" is a turn off. ??

Seriously? If that's a "turn off"?? You're on the wrong site.

PastTheEdges

View Profile
History
Posted : 14 Jan, 2018 12:26 PM

Jayzee and yourbest..., I just wanted to say thanks for your input!

View Profile
History
Posted : 14 Jan, 2018 03:00 PM

responding to the lady 'yourbestlifenow ' regarding guys preaching on this DATING website...what I mean is in their PROFILE...there WHOLE profile is a full page SERMON...seriously???....maybe your age group doesn't do this, but a LOT of guys here in the 50's 60's do this...I am a praise and worship leader and spend a lot of time at church and rehearsal....I need a break from that.....a comedian DOES NOT want to come home and hear comedy all day, and I, as a singer, need a break from music, too....

Jayzeee

View Profile
History
Posted : 14 Jan, 2018 03:53 PM

Your welcome PastTheEdges :-)

Page : 1 2 3 4