Author Thread: Being Pursued
1jon310

View Profile
History
Being Pursued
Posted : 11 Feb, 2018 03:03 PM

I went to a marriage conference that last couple of days and it was taught that the husband should never stop pursuing his wife.

Ladies: What does being pursued mean to you and how would you like to be pursued?

Men: What have you done to respectfully pursue a woman or wife?

Sjoyw7

View Profile
History
Being Pursued
Posted : 11 Feb, 2018 11:48 PM

Thanks for the question bro. in Christ.

Being pursued for me is to be the option and not just an option. It is should be considered by any godly man through fervent prayer and seeking the Lord with regards to the direction of where to pursue this girl or not. It has something to do with motives. What is the purpose of pursuing? What are your motives in pursuing the girl?

Just like God created eve for Adam. Adam clearly recognized that it is God's will for her. In this generation, it is through the guidance of the Holy Spirit and according to 1 Cor. 13.

1jon310

View Profile
History
Being Pursued
Posted : 12 Feb, 2018 07:08 PM

Being pursued as THE option not just AN option. I like that. Being recognized as special and unique and treated as such. Personally I think that it would be a waste of time to be with someone under any other circumstances.

Further illumination from you though please.

What are some specific examples of how you would like to be treated as "The Option" so that us guys know what it looks like from a woman's POV to be pursued?

Hikerchic

View Profile
History
Being Pursued
Posted : 18 Feb, 2018 09:01 PM

Being pursued to me would be more a lot of little things. Some men present like it is a competition to win a ladies heart and buy all the flowers and chocolates ect. For me he would have to take the time to get to know me and to reveal his true self to me. Dare to confide and talk without trepidation. Expressing his love of God is huge. Little things like a walk. Instead of planning a date how about a mini adventure...laughter and joy is very attractive as are smiles and humor.

Obediencetotheword

View Profile
History
Being Pursued
Posted : 19 Feb, 2018 03:02 AM

To a woman, being pursued is making her feel that you have chosen her. It erases all her insecurities because she knows by verbal, physical, & spiritual manifestations, she is the one for you. You could be out with friends & yet she will not feel left out or threatened because she knows, after your friends' time, you will be with her. So, if you have properly pursued a woman, she will feel secure. How do you pursue a woman? By verbally expressing how you feel about her, by physically expressing how you feel about her (you can hold her hands & she would know), by spiritually expressing how you honor God & how you want to spend your together to honor Him. To a marriage relationship, the only thing that is expected to change is the level of physical expression. I hope this woman's perspective helped.

1jon310

View Profile
History
Being Pursued
Posted : 19 Feb, 2018 04:54 PM

Ladies, this is great. Would you be willing to add some practical suggestions. Remember that men are stereo typed as being clueless when it comes to doing the little things that make a difference. What are some of the things that have been done for you in the past that you really appreciated? What are some of the things that maybe you thought about but it never materialized?

Thank You in advance. :)

Obediencetotheword

View Profile
History
Being Pursued
Posted : 23 Feb, 2018 05:06 PM

I am sure you read the Five Languages of Love. Great book. So, it has a lot to do with how a woman feel she is loved and that you need to figure out for yourself. I will be more specific with myself being the example. My love language is quality time. I feel loved when a friend or a special someone spends time with me. He could do many other things or be with another person but he chose to be with me. That makes me feel so secured & having more quality time is his way of expressing he is pusuing me. Mind you, it is quality and not quantity time. It could be once a week quality time & yet I will feel secured. If the woman's love language is gifts, shower her with little things... She will feel pursued, chosen, loved. Hope this helps. ☺

View Profile
History
Being Pursued
Posted : 4 Apr, 2018 03:37 AM

Being pursued is something like a guy is interested knowing things about me and at the same time he is doing some act not just to impress me but also to express himself as who he is. I admired men who know what they want and go for it.

View Profile
History
Being Pursued
Posted : 16 Apr, 2018 06:21 AM

being pursued , the guy will not easy to give up and have a long patience pursuing a woman.

how would you like to be pursued?

- draw a woman more closer to God, encourage her by the word of God, be transparent to her, show your love for her by your actions and not only by your words and make a time for her, make her smile everyday.

EmilyH54

View Profile
History
Being Pursued
Posted : 15 May, 2018 10:19 PM

Being pursued to me is when a man asks questions and observes in order to best understand the woman he wants to be with. He is intentional with his time and actions towards her. After getting to know her, it's always smart to let the woman know your intentions for a deeper relationship - letting her know in a way that allows her time to think about a relationship with you. Being patient as well will let the woman know you're serious and are ready for a committed relationship. Pursuit is a long process that happens best with small moments.