Author Thread: Could i be a false christian?
Melissam871

View Profile
History
Could i be a false christian?
Posted : 28 Jul, 2018 01:48 PM

Hi All,

i am looking for some advice as i am deeply concerned i may be a false christian. I believed that i was converted 9 years ago, but i do not feel that i have grown as much as i should have in my faith. I doubt constantly and i beg the lord to help sace me often. I have no doubt he is still looking out for me as he has shown me his love and guidance in my life.

However it worries me how empty and unfulfilled i feel and how although he has given me everything my heart could desire, i am still left yearing something.

I also don't feel i have the zest or love i should have and that most proper christians seem to possess

This makes me feel incredibly guilty and so its not something i feel i can talk to christians i know about for fear of judgement. I am praying about it and trying to read my bible to understand whats going on, but i dont feel i have received an answer yey and so are trying to be patient. I would love any advice and prayers anyone can offer me with.

Thank you in advance :)

Melissa

LittleDavid

View Profile
History
Posted : 28 Jul, 2018 09:23 PM

Dear Melisa, my heart kinda went out to you because I've often felt the same way. If you believe Jesus died for your sins and lived to provide you with perfect righteousness and have repented to God over your sins, and your desire is to obey him, although you fall short often, you're no doubt saved. What helped me was John MacArthur's book and recorded messages dealing with doubts. I think the series is called "When Christians Doubt" but I can't remember for sure. I'll have to write another post after I double check. One insight he mentioned about true Christians who sometimes doubt as opposed to the rarity of false Christians who doubt. True Christians are ones often concerned about obedience and growth in their lives and being true, false Christians aren't. Romans 7 helped me too and also many of the Psalms. Seems Paul and David fought the strong pull of the flesh and cried out to God often because of it. Hope you find rest and confidence in God

Melissam871

View Profile
History
Posted : 28 Jul, 2018 10:30 PM

Hi David, thank you so much for your insight and help :) i know God is using you as a another tool in my life always, so its always nice to see litrle thinhs like that :) i had heard something like that before, but i guess its hard to look away from the other aspects that are causing my concerns but thank you, its definitely a reassuring thought :)

LittleDavid

View Profile
History
Posted : 29 Jul, 2018 08:15 PM

I'm not sure what those other issues might be in your life that cause you doubt but Romans 8:31-39 lists a comprehensive list of things people have believed could separate them from God but God's love is stronger than all of these. Tell me what you think of all the things listed there. See if any of them might relate to you. I wish you joy and eternal security

LittleDavid

View Profile
History
Posted : 30 Jul, 2018 07:52 PM

Mellisa, I got to thinking about the trouble some of us Christians experience when we can't seem to completely stop sinning. But we misunderstood if we thought all sin would kinda go queitly away after salvation. When we called on the name of the Lord we were immediately "justified" in God's sight. This means God has declared us pure and righteous because Jesus holy righteousness has been deposited to our account and our sin account was taken away and placed on Jesus. It also means salvation from God's wrath that was against us and we now have forgiveness of all sin, past, present and future. But here's when trouble comes. Even though we have been justified and made totally righteous in heaven we still live on earth in our sinful flesh. But regardless of our sinful nature, a new work is being done in us. Yes, God is still at work in our lives, he is making us into what he has declared us to be--totally righteous. Day by day we are being "sanctified" or being made more and more like Jesus. It's a very difficult experience. We still feel the strong pull of our flesh as it continually wants things we wish would go away. This can be very discouraging even if we know what God is doing in our lives but it can be doubly discouraging if we don't understand God's sanctification process and what to expect. Mellisa, l don't know if you've heard of a book by John Bunyan, entitled, Pilgim's Progress, you should read it! Very insightful book about the problems encountered by Christians as they grow in Jesus. I think you'll really like it

LittleDavid

View Profile
History
Posted : 1 Aug, 2018 06:17 AM

Melissa, I just wanted to ad the last 2 theological steps that are ordered before glorification (receiving a resurrection body). All of us who are Christians and alive on earth are at these 2 levels. These are the most difficult stages. While we are alive, God uses the rest of our life to progress our growth in holiness (this is called sanctification). Sanctification requires "perseverance". Perseverance means learning to remain in Christ through thick and thin, even thru assaults of irrational doubts, tests and temptations. Like I said this is the hard part. Obedience is sometimes very hard. But obedience is how we gain confidence in salvation. The Bible says: "This is how we know we are in him when we do what he says". I'm not saying we are saved by good works. Good works do not save us, says Paul in Ephesians. But we are saved **for** good works as Paul explains further

Jayzeee

View Profile
History
Posted : 1 Aug, 2018 11:04 AM

Hi Melissa it's perfectly normal to doubt every Christian if they're honest struggles at times with their prayer life and studying of the bible. I don't think your a false Christian you're just struggling as we all do from time to time keep drawing near to God in prayer & reading of his word and he'll draw near to you, I'm praying for you.

Melissam871

View Profile
History
Posted : 1 Aug, 2018 02:05 PM

Hi Jayzee thank you for your message and for your prayers :)

View Profile
History
Posted : 4 Aug, 2018 06:05 PM

Dear sister in Christ - we all go back and forth in life in being close and not so close. Advice do a study of something fun. I like to study the Passover meal and how it tells about the events of Christ life. Go to Jews For Jesus web site and buy a couple of books on the Passover. I find this fun and informative.

MeZiMMaH

View Profile
History
Posted : 5 Aug, 2018 02:26 AM

this is a very deep personal topic and situation concerning my life as a child of GOD as well. first off , david, good answers, i perceive from what u stated that you have a true understanding of the TRUTH of the LORDS salvation. "by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of GOD: not of works, lest any man should boast."(eph2:8,9)

i have a lot of trouble when i look and try to understand how the LORD saved me. my salvation by the grace and mercy of GOD ALONE is still very difficult for me to understand. some people cant pinpoint the exact date, time and moment went the LORD stepped in and saved them. i respect the testomoiny of such dear brethren to the fullest. because such is a wonderful joy. donnot misunderstand my words, as i was transported and instatutionalised, as the LORD in HIS infinite mercy, pulled me out of and delievered me from what at that time i called the dead zone. i learned the very hard way by GODS grace i got a crash course in familiar spirits and the other world that don't exist to mortal eyes. anyway that is not important to this topic. i appoligise my dear sister, but i do not remember your name. first before anything, let us examine ourselves. to really kknow if we have truly been saved by the grace and mercy of GOD, or to know if we have just been deceived, by another, or maybe we have been deceived by our own selves. now this is real. first let us know if we are even saved by the grace of GOD in the first place. "EXAMINE YOURSELVES, whether ye be in the faith: PROVE your own selves. KNOW ye not your own selves, how that JESUS CHRIST is in you, except ye be reprobates?"(ii cor13:5)

all of us. LET US EXAMINE OURSELVES!!! LORD GOD PLEASE HELP US. let us look dep inside the core of our souls. cancel out everything and search the depths of your innermost being. does the SPIRIT OF GOD witness against your own wicked sinful spirit, do you possess a regenerated, supernatural living connection with GOD. does GODS SPIRIT dwell inside of all that. is the HOLY SPIRIT OF GOD in there. sorry it is hard to talk about spiritual things. as it is written in the verse, can you tell or not, "....that JESUS CHRIST is in you....", is GOD really in there. or are you just fooling yourself. EXAMINE YOURSELVES. may the LORD help us to know for real. CHRIST NAME. amen. is my salvation based on something that i did, or is my salvation based entirely on what CHRIST JESUS hath done at Calvary. earlier i said how i respect those that can tell me the excat date time month year on the calender, when the LORD stepped into their wicked life and regenerated their lost soul. some people say that is a lie if people try to say the exact time when GOD saved them. the only thing that i can speak against them is paul on the road to damascux. since i have been on this "so called Christian" website, i have learned many things. anyway, lets keep it simple. i began to ask these so called Christian, about the first time when the LORD gave them true GOD given repentance. no one yet has been able to answer me. i do not know the date or time that the LORD saved my worthless soul. but i do remember where i was and where i was at when the LORD gave me true GOD given repentance and GODLY sorrow. i never choose GOD. i was a black magicvk, hoodoo, dopeseller, evil wicked stupid dumb foolish ignorant street hood. the stupidest wickedest most worthless fool ever to exist. i never cared about GOD. i knew there was GOD, as i prayed to the devil. but one day while i was worshippin the devil on the road to Damascus. the LORD stepped in. it wasn't pretty. praise GOD. HE stepped in, and HE slapped me down hard. everything i was got instantly shattered into a billion pieces. i was shattered and slapped deep into a horrible pit. when the LORD stepped in HE shattered every hope dream, thought, HE shattered the entire completion of what i was. and after the GOD HAND smack down it did not get better. the LORD did terrible things to me that are hard to explain. the LORD terroixed my soul in terrible anguish and torment. i dint know about repent to the LORD and be saved. but that is because true repentance from GOD had not yet been given. but anyway. back to what i wanted to talk about. i do remember where i was when the LORD gave me that true GOD given effectual repentance from heaven. real repentance. the LORD had brought me into the prison ward of the state mental institution, and HE had made me willing, because the parts of my story that i will not speak yet , anyway, the LORD had brought me to the state mental instution for my own safety, and HE made me willinly desire to go there. so that's where i wanted to be. the LORD took care of me. after nighttime showers it was my greatest joy to go sneak into my room inside the dark and for the first time ever get to cry out of my heart completely eveloped by the arms of GOD. true repentance. real GOD. not the GOD in everybodys mind that religions talk about. but i got to cry to the real LORD GOD. HE was there. HIS PERSON. its really HIM. oh how the tears would straight flow like a river. real repetantace. and not even neccessisarily crying about one specific thing. but just being able to cry in the arms of the only ONE true GOD. every night after showers that was my joy to go sneak into the darkness of my unlocked room, and cry in the arms of GOD. GOD given repentance is from GOD and not of works lest any man boast. i remember exactly where i was when the LORD gave me true repentance. Just to cry in the arms of the true GOD was the most realest thing that i had ever know. that was my greatest joy until eventually the guards kicked me out of my room. but i remember GOD GIVEN REPETANCE. just to be able to cry in the arms of the TRUE GOD was the greatest joy i had ever experienced. praise GOD. such things are so amazing. that it is hard to even speak. i remember vividly, crying for the first time, in the arms of the TRUE GOD. GODLY SORROW AND GODLY REPETANCE. when i ask these Christians on this website about when the LORD first gave them repentance. none can answer me back. this is getting long. so i was in the state mental asylum when the LORD first gave me true repentance. i am gonna take a breack for a minute because this is getting long. may the LORD help us to learn. i know your topic question my dear sister, i am trying to get there LORDWILLIN as the LORD guides. i never chose GOD. the LORD stepped into my life and shattered everything and terrorized me in ways i cannot express in words, but when the LORD gave me TRUE REPENTANCE, what a wonderful thing, that GOD would love me. let me take a break. remember. let us first examine ourselves. amen

MeZiMMaH

View Profile
History
Posted : 5 Aug, 2018 04:23 AM

ok. LORD JESUS please help us guide us and please direct us unto THY glory. CHRIST NAME AMEN. LORD PLEASE MAKE IT THAT NOTHIN CONCERNING THIS AND THEE IS EVER SAID FAKE> CHRIST JESUS be THOU magnified. amen. so LORDWILLING lets get back to the story. true GOD GIVEN REPENTANCE. it wasn't even nessicerrly crying out for forgiveness against a certain thing. it was crying out for mercy in the everlasting loving arms of the only ONE ETERNAL TRUE GOD. my eyes flows like rivers of waters as i pray unto my GOD, not like this evil wicked world would this, my eyes bleed blood because my GOD hears my tears. amen. what a wonderful amazing thing. my brother zelos in the LORD , he confesses that he cant remember the exact place or time when the LORD saved him, or when the LORD gave him true repentance. and the LORD lets me know by stuff like that, because i know my brother is a child of the KING, but for whatever reasons, he cannot remember who what where why when and how, nah i speak as a fool, but he cant remember when he was first given TRUE REPENTANCE. so according to that let us skip some stuff and i reliaze, not everybody can pinpoint there rebirth. but don't get it twisted because the regeneration of a lost soul by the appp;ication of the BLOOD of CHRIST, is for lack of a better word. a life changing unearthly experience. those words just don't seem to cut it. man i wish i had the coldest word, to praise CHRIST JESUS, and let the planet panic as the moon turns in our reality into BLOOD drippin in revalation.. ok so..... let me skip some years. i got shipped into a group house in 2004, but i told the owners i wanted to go back to the asylum. they had never had any other stupid mental patient demand that he wanted to go back to the zip code of insanity. truthfully tho i only wanted to go back because i had my routine set, and i knew the game over there. any way. he LORD miraculously took me out of the group home club house, and brought me back to my home. but things where so much diferent now. peoples, homies, cousins, crews., i joyfully severed myself from all of that. people thought i was crazy, but i didn't even fthink about it, my number one focus was CHRIST ONLY, and lookin back at how the LORD had me back then, i was a brand new creature, but the LORD had me amplified. this is for my sister that started this post. the LORD had me amplified, and nobody new what was my problem. everybody just new that my ugly face was buried in the bible. i had never been to church, i didn't know about hymn songs. in the dead zone the LORD had addicted my ugly face into my dead pawpaws bible. it had 30 years of his notes, and i used the old bible that my grandparents bought me, that was unused until 2003. the LORD addicted me into HIS HOLY WORD. i never had nobody teach me what the bible meant. i learned alone, as it gets lonely on the mountain with GOD. but aint no preacher ever told me what to believe. the LORD addicted me into HIS word. and truthfully my first time thru the bible i knew nothin about messianic prophecy, and most of the time i applied the messianic unto my own person. but i didn't know. but the second time thru the bible, the LORD opened it up in ways that i was completely blind to the first time i went thru. GODs WORD is amazing. so anyway, i never had no preacher telling me what to believe. the gave me my dead paw paws bible, 30 years of notes. and i took my unused bible, and copied all my paw paws notes down. praise the LORD. that is how the LORD gave me grace to learn to study HIS MOST PRECIOUS HOLY WORD. so after i was delivered from the group home by the grace of GOD, i was a brand new creature. i hate myself my wickedness, because i dint know and i took everything for granted. im so amazed how when the LORD had first saved me, my mind was only on CHRIST JESUS continually in so much that i cant even comprehend it now when i look back into that supernatural reality. i was so weak but the LORD was my strength. i defend my girlfriend against a dude bigger than goliath, i was different, separated, the captivater of crowds. i have know idea how i did that stuff. truthfully i didn't do nothing. the LORD magnified HIMSELF. i had no fear for nothing. bible verses and bible curses flowed continually out of my devilish mouth. i was one that's never been before, but it wasn't me it was all the LORD. to walk in the leadership of the HOLY SPIRIT. now. my dear sister. this is where i shed tears over the fact that it is not still like that. what happened. i failed miserably, and wickedly, in so many different ways. my strength and power didn't instantly diminish, but slowly over time, i became weaker and unable to stand fast in the face of the enemies. i so wickedly rebelled and sinned against my GOD, the ONE WHO brought me back from the other side of time and things that i don't feel the need to mention according to what we are discussion. slowly over time my power, the supernatural unearthly power, began to fade. the LORD aint cast me out forever but the LORD hath chastened me sore. when GODS word tells us to flee fornication, LORD please help us to obey,even in the face of all adversity. i was a fool. i thought that since the LORD had saved me, all the amazing gifts and blessings, i thought that they would always be there no matter what. LORD GOD please make use that we never take you for granted, or trifle with THY blessings when we did nothing to deserve them. i wickedly failed my GOD and rebelled and as im learning it wasn't just about fornication. i took my GOD for granted, i was ignorant, i thought these things would always be. i cant remember, and the pay and spray car wash, i never went to no church but by the grace of GOD the LORD made me somehow know like just the chourus of a hymn song. and during the midnight hours while they washin the car, im standinding outside in the parking lot, sings the one chourus part that knew at the top of my lungs, singing hymn songs yelling at the moon. and back then i was so much on fire by the grace of GOD. i didn't even realizie that other people would watch me and wonder as im yelling out hymns. but o LORD please forgive me, i have failed my GOD so wickedly, HE ;hath took away my strength, i be so weak, i have no strength., it is my fault. my dear sister, i have lost my power, i cry and beg my GOD to restore me, but still unto this day,i remain weak, and all my strength strate withers away. i have wickedly rebelled against my GOD. and it aint just fornication. i cry to be restored as it was before. i took my GOD for granted and now i have become as a normal man. i hate this state im in. praise the LORD because of HIS MIGHTY HAND. HE aint never left me like HE promised, and HES so personally involed my little mind lacks understanding. amen. anyway. LORDWILLING now lets talk. you spoke of the zeal and boldness that u said you lack.i cry to my GOD to please bring it back. but HE hasn't. i know its my punishment. "my son; despise not thou the chastening of the LORD, nor faint when thou art rebuked of HIM: for whom the LORD loveth HE chasteneth, and scourgeth every son whom HE recieveth.(heb12:5,6). my LORD has never left me, i cry to my GOD in the embrace of HIS arms. i cry to be restored again. i cry in HIS arms but this is my punishment. i hope LORDWILLING the LORD blesses me to be restored one hundredfold more than before...i hate how i have become so weak. i hate myself, i hate my flesh. ima stop typing for now. at least to my understanding, tha is why i have been punished. i hope LW it don't stay like this forever. may the LORD give us great grace to never take HIM for granted. nowadays my strength is so feeble, my weakness is a sin, and ive fallen so short, LORDWILLING i will never ever do what i did again. unles u taste it you wont never know. all the power the LORD bestows when HE regenerates a lost soul. LW the LORD restores me. i cannot do a good job, in the weakness of my present state. praise GOD that HE will never cast HIS PEOPLE out. my GOD has never left me. i miss unto insanity the exceeding joy of HIS PRESENSE. LORD WILLIMG i want it all back a hundred fold if LW, to the GLORY OF CHRIST. amen

Page : 1 2 3