Author Thread: Can We Talk
Jayzeee

View Profile
History
Can We Talk
Posted : 13 Sep, 2019 01:38 AM

After been on the site a while & having chatted with quite a few men. I wonder how some men think they are going to have a relationship/get married. When they haven't yet mastered the art of conversation, I'm messaging someone who responded to my last message with a two word response. The mind boggles...

View Profile
History
Can We Talk
Posted : 30 Sep, 2019 01:24 PM

They were thinking about your ability to provide....

JDTRUTHWRITER

View Profile
History
Can We Talk
Posted : 1 Oct, 2019 07:49 AM

Hello Demeray,

To respond to your analyses of fading emails...I don't think it was because of your job or what you do. This is a DATING site...so after a couple of emails, if you are not responding with a phone number and time to MEET, we are not interested. This is NOT Facebook or Twitter. And we will not chat endlessly with someone we've never met. Blessings

Moonlight7

View Profile
History
Can We Talk
Posted : 6 Oct, 2019 12:52 PM

Most men want to see a picture in conversation.

Alligator

View Profile
History
Can We Talk
Posted : 7 Oct, 2019 07:04 PM

I disagree with the necessity of a phone number after 2 or 3 conversations on here. I get plenty of robo calls. if a man cannot carry a conversation on here, make sense, ask questions, give opinions..... why would i WANT to give him my phone number????

KJVonly

View Profile
History
Can We Talk
Posted : 26 Oct, 2019 02:29 PM

Speaking of mind boggling...

How come some people talk for several days in a row and share stories and experiences with you then disappear without a trace and "ghost" on you?

I figured that they found someone else that they connected with better . I used to get a bit discouraged and felt a little rejected (because of the baggage that I had then) but I realize now that if it is meant to be , they won't ghost on you. I have faith in divine appointments and am happy in my current relationship.

Moonlight7

View Profile
History
Can We Talk
Posted : 26 Oct, 2019 07:19 PM

Men like chatting with more than one woman, do if they ghost you. It means they met someone more of interest to them.

I told a man I was talking to more than one man , so he ghosted me!😁

Jayzeee

View Profile
History
Can We Talk
Posted : 27 Oct, 2019 04:34 AM

I've had the same experience, I've also had someone I was talking too reappear months later I'm guessing that it didn't work out.

I was speaking to two people at one time but I didn't feel the need to volunteer that information to them. We were not in a relationship we were talking to each other online.

Jayzeee

View Profile
History
Can We Talk
Posted : 29 Oct, 2019 10:20 AM

I'd been having a very pleasant conversation with a fellow Londoner in their 50s. Logged in today went to my messages & saw that his profile picture has changed, to one of him partially dressed reclining on his bed I deleted all the messages and blocked him. It's so disappointing to keep coming across grown men who profess to be Christians, but act more like a hormonal schoolboy it's so offensive...

View Profile
History
Can We Talk
Posted : 1 Nov, 2019 10:55 AM

I really think it just depends on the person, and also on the timing of whatever is going on in their life right then.

I've met some men who only spoke when they had something to say, and weren't comfortable making small talk or chatting about extraneous fluff, but they had a lot of substance and were godly, intelligent, and thoughtful, and warmed up once we got to know each other a bit more.

I've also met men who seemed outgoing and engaging at first, and then apparently burned through all their personality and extraversion in the first few conversations because once they got comfortable it became obvious that everything I saw was all they had, and they couldn't carry on a conversation beyond those first few "getting to know you" type talks.

For myself, I know there have been times where I have gone on a date and have just felt so awkward I've been practically mute the whole time. Then at other times, with other people, the conversation flows naturally and comfortably.

I've come to accept those awkward and stilted conversations as the Holy Spirit telling me He has someone else for me, and to let go graciously, releasing them to whoever will be better for them, and freeing myself up to whoever will be better for me.

Page : 1 2