Author Thread: I'd rather be alone than to find someone like this
Admin

I'd rather be alone than to find someone like this
Posted : 11 Jan, 2020 04:25 PM

If the only to for me to find the right woman is to go to a bar or something, I'd rather not get married at all.

View Profile
History
Posted : 23 Jan, 2020 01:11 AM

have You read the book of Hosea?

are You better than Him?

View Profile
History
Posted : 23 Jan, 2020 01:00 PM

Are you seriously suggesting that being single is worse than being married to someone who cheats on you?

Being single isn't that bad. It is much better to be single than to be married to the wrong person. If you think that you are lonely now, you would be a lot lonelier if you are married to someone who doesn't care about you.

LittleDavid

View Profile
History
Posted : 28 Feb, 2020 07:11 PM

CountryIvy, you’re exactly right.

I have a friend who was married and remarried 3 times who said the same thing and would agree with you. Sadly she’s not the only one! I could well have been one myself

LittleDavid

View Profile
History
Posted : 29 Feb, 2020 11:17 AM

I had another never married old maid friend who said, “it’s better to be single than to wish you were!”

Loree7

View Profile
History
Posted : 1 Mar, 2020 10:49 AM

The book of Hosea was a God picked object lesson to show Israel their repugnant sin of idolatry, God wasn't condoning neither Gomer nor prostitution. He was calling Israel to repentance.

LittleDavid

View Profile
History
Posted : 2 Mar, 2020 01:13 PM

Exactly, no man in his right mind would want to marry a habitual whoredom.

As Loree briefly stated, Hosea married the adulterous woman because God required a vivid real life object lesson on public display to call adulterous Israel to repentance.

Israel had a long history of repeat idolatries often consisting of an aggregate of false religion/gods with the true God—sorta like certain “Christian” denominations today that mix in a little Freudian psychology with various forms of secular humanism and evolution with a teaspoon of God.

LittleDavid

View Profile
History
Posted : 2 Mar, 2020 01:15 PM

I mean, “marry into habitual whoredom”

LittleDavid

View Profile
History
Posted : 2 Mar, 2020 01:33 PM

I so appreciate the Hosea account because Hosea suffered the same public disgrace God suffers when his people sin against him..

in fact, David was reminded by Nathan that his sin with Bathsheba and the murder of her husband caused the enemies of the Lord to blaspheme!

That’s grievous! I wonder how often I’ve caused the enemies of God to blaspheme by my sinful stupidities.

I do not want this to sound like I’m taking God’s grace for granted when I declare with Lamentations 3:22-23, that “his mercies are new every morning!” How can we sin against such a loving God—-but alas we do

Loree7

View Profile
History
Posted : 3 Mar, 2020 02:55 PM

Thank God that "His mercies are new every morning" and that "if we confess our sins He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness."

View Profile
History
Posted : 10 Mar, 2020 08:20 PM

I don't know what happened to my wording here. I'm trying to say I'd rather not be married than to marry someone who goes out to bars and gets drunk all the time.

Page : 1 2