Author Thread: THE BIBLE WARNS AGAINST “SCIENCE” SO-CALLED
LittleDavid

View Profile
History
THE BIBLE WARNS AGAINST “SCIENCE” SO-CALLED
Posted : 16 Jan, 2020 05:42 PM

1 Timothy 6:19-21

20 O Timothy, keep that which is committed to thy trust, avoiding profane and vain babblings, and oppositions of **science falsely so called**:

21 Which some professing have erred concerning the faith. Grace be with thee. Amen.

View Profile
History
Posted : 17 Jan, 2020 09:10 AM

@Toth,

I can do it Hebrew if you like. In fact I already did with the word "שָׁחָה" (worship) - but you wouldn't listen.

"And he said, “No; but I am the commander of the army of the LORD. Now I have come.” And Joshua fell on his face to the earth and >>>worshiped<<< and said to him, “What does my lord say to his servant?"

- Y'hoshua 5:14 (Joshua)

וַיֹּאמֶר לֹא, כִּי אֲנִי שַׂר-צְבָא-יְהוָה--עַתָּה בָאתִי; וַיִּפֹּל יְהוֹשֻׁעַ אֶל-פָּנָיו אַרְצָה,>>> וַיִּשְׁתָּחוּ,<<< וַיֹּאמֶר לוֹ, מָה אֲדֹנִי מְדַבֵּר אֶל-עַבְדּוֹ.

"And David said to all the congregation, Now bless the LORD your God. And all the congregation blessed the LORD God of their fathers, and bowed down their heads, and >>>worshipped<<< the LORD, and the king."

Divrei-Hayamim Alef 29:29 in the Masoretic or (I Chron 29:20 in English).

וַיֹּאמֶר דָּוִיד לְכָל-הַקָּהָל, בָּרְכוּ-נָא אֶת-יְהוָה אֱלֹהֵיכֶם; וַיְבָרְכוּ כָל-הַקָּהָל, לַיהוָה אֱלֹהֵי אֲבֹתֵיהֶם, וַיִּקְּדוּ >>>וַיִּשְׁתַּחֲווּ<<< לַיהוָה, וְלַמֶּלֶךְ.

But, Toth, you are merely being contentiously passive

aggressive refusing to learn a thing. Since I'm doing this on a tiny smart phone, I'm going to end here. I don't have time for this. And prophetic will try to bury this post as fast as he can. Ya'll have fun.

View Profile
History
Posted : 17 Jan, 2020 09:14 AM

Ignore CONTEXT and ya'll can create all kinds of crazy doctrines for yourselves to condemn each other to hell for not believing‼️

😞

View Profile
History
Posted : 17 Jan, 2020 10:40 AM

2 Timothy 3:15; 4:1-3: All Scripture is **GOD-BREATHED** and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness, so that the servant of God may be thoroughly equipped for every good work. In the presence of God and of Christ Jesus {The Author of the NT}, who will judge the living and the dead, and in view of His appearing and His Kingdom, I give you this charge: **PREACH THE WORD** {The **ENTIRE NEW TESTAMENT} Be prepared in season and out of season; correct, rebuke and encourage--with great patience and careful instruction. For the time will come when people {Like Chuckles} will not put up with sound doctrine.

Peter 1:23-25: You have been **BORN AGAIN THROUGH THE LIVING AND ENDURING **WORD OF GOD**!! All men {Like Chuckles}are like grass, and all their glory is like the flowers of the field, the grass withers and the flowers fall, but the **WORD OF THE LORD STANDS FOREVER**. And this is the **WORD** that was preached to you.

2 Peter 3:15,16: Bear in mind that our Lord's patience means salvation, just as our **DEAR BROTHER PAUL ALSO WROTE WITH THE WISDOM THAT GOD GAVE HIM**! He writes the same way in all his letters, speaking in them of these matters. His letters contain some things that are hard to understand {For the Lost}. which IGNORANT AND UNSTABLE PEOPLE DISTORT, {Like Chuckles} as they do other Scriptures to **THEIR OWN DESTRUCTION**!{Which would be eternal torment in hell}

John 12:48: Jesus says, "There is a Judge for the one {Like Chuckles} who does not accept My words, the very words I have spoken will condemn them at the Last Day!"

Satan and Chuckles would love for you to join them in hell. Chuckles hates about 95 percent of the New Testament Covenant and is not a true Jew for Jesus!!

Quiznos

View Profile
History
Posted : 17 Jan, 2020 11:02 AM

Chuckk, toooo funny.

I love the sarcasm drenched in humor.

View Profile
History
Posted : 17 Jan, 2020 11:29 AM

@Quiznos

Thanks, it's good to know it is not wasted on everyone!

👍😜

Moonlight7

View Profile
History
Posted : 17 Jan, 2020 11:33 AM

You cannot. Compare science to God ! Scientist are seeking to find answers to things, and they have to do many things!!

God already knows the answer to ALL things because He is God.

T0TH3M4X

View Profile
History
Posted : 17 Jan, 2020 12:00 PM

Chuck,

I do listen to you, but you are inconsistent at times. You want to pick English translations, then complain about the English. That's why I say do word studies.

I can only speak for myself, but when I'm researching something, I'll usually use a minimum of three translations, interlinear, and Strong's. Sometimes heaps more. :)

View Profile
History
Posted : 17 Jan, 2020 12:24 PM

@Toth,

If you are listening, I very much support the use of word studies and multiple translations from literal to to dynamic to paraphrases. Because, in reality translations are in fact the commentaries of the translators. This is an unavoidable shortcoming of translations, as the translator is forced to choose among possible meanings, (sometimes purposely left ambiguous in the original languages) to translate into a specific meaning in another language.

This is why word studies fall short. They can only give you a list of possible meanings. It is Context that gives the intended meaning(s).

T0TH3M4X

View Profile
History
Posted : 17 Jan, 2020 12:46 PM

Chuck,

There's almost always more to the story, but out main source of understanding is the Holy Spirit. If you're reading and listening to God, you're going to know when something is right, and if something feels wrong, then rethink it. Alternatively, if you're trying to convince yourself of something, you can find millions of people on the Internet who will tickle your ears with exactly what you want to hear.

View Profile
History
Posted : 17 Jan, 2020 01:22 PM

@Toth,

IF you are able to hear this:

The Holy Spirit is kinda funny in that He doesn't really do as you say or most people assume. The Spirit may let you believe something untrue because of various reasons like; we are not ready or it is best for us at the time or we can't yet handle it properly or it leads to a greater truth or ???.

Just because we follow the Holy Spirit doesn't automatically make us empirical right about any given thing. It just means we are on the right path leading to the ultimate Truth.

I've been wrong about things in the past that have helped me now. I didn't suddenly get the Holy Spirit between then and now. Therefore it is safe to assume I'm not right about everything now.

However what people confuse for arrogance and heresy is actually the result of already being where they are at now. I thank GOD that HE delivered me from those mindsets that I now view as cultish. I can't even believe sometimes I was there! Oh, but was I ever. "Except by the grace of GOD there go I"

Page : 1 2 3 4 5