Author Thread: Modern churches "transforming" christians
KJVonly

View Profile
History
Modern churches "transforming" christians
Posted : 29 Jan, 2020 04:18 PM

My husband is a church goer and I am not for certain reasons. He wanted me to accompany him so I did..albiet , reluctantly. We sat in the car afterward and discussed the experience and the sermon. Our mutual first impression was that they have an idol mixed in with the church. It was superbowl discussion first off and at the end they mentioned a big screen experience watching it in church! Oh boy!

Here is their facebook page message:

"Join us on February 2 to cheer on the Chiefs on the biggest screen in town! Doors open at 5."

Wonder who paid for that??? No wonder they took double collection plus the opening of the sermon had to do with how to budget your finances!

Of course it tied in the bible and Yahuwah's word which had to do with meeting and setting goals.

When I got home, I said to my husband as I looked at the church pamplet for that week.

"Oh, oh..."

"What ?" he answers.

I proceed to tell him about the "Transformation" series already in progress and part of the sermon we just sat through.

Here is a post from Facebook:

"Want a change of pace? Join us on Sunday mornings as we learn how God transforms us. "

The problem is , it is a study by Rick Warren!

So! it is really this heretics transformation.

He asked who Rich Warren is...

"You don't know who Rich Warren is????"

I continued to educate him on the false teachings of Rich Warren.

He did some homework and got the Pastor's number from the pamplet and told him about it!

Well, the Pastor is responsible now..

We heard back from him but he seemed to not address the part about Rich Warren.

Not surprised.

My husband mentioned later that if that kind of stuff is going to be preached it would be welcome in a Pagan Hall.

Little does he know yet what a "Pagan Hall" most churches are !

Yes, my husband is slowly opening his eyes to how bad it is. Maybe we will just keep on exposing it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6vQfB8YhKMI

View Profile
History
Posted : 29 Jan, 2020 04:25 PM

**WE SHOULD ALWAYS LET GOD'S WORD DO THE JUDGING**!!

I Corinthians 6;9-11: Do not be deceived : Neither the sexually immoral nor idolaters nor adulterers nor men who have sex with men nor thieves nor the greedy nor drunkards nor swindlers will inherit the Kingdom of God. And that is what some of you were. But you were washed, you were sanctified, you were justified in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ and by the Spirit of our God.

Matthew 5:27,28: Jesus says, "You have heard that it was said, "You shall not commit adultery." But I tell you that anyone who looks at a woman lustfully has already **COMMITTED ADULTERY** with her in his heart!"

I Timothy 2:9-14: I also want the women to dress modestly, with decency and propriety, adorning themselves, not with braided hair or gold or pearls or expensive clothes, but with good deeds, appropriate for women who profess to worship God. A women should learn in quietness and full submission. I do not permit a woman to teach or to assume authority over man she must be quiet. For Adam was formed first, then Eve,. And Adam was not the one deceived; it was the woman who was deceived and became a sinner!

I Corinthians 11:14,15: Does not the very nature of things teach you that **IF A MAN HAS **LONG HAIR** IT IS A **DISGRACE** TO HIM**! {On his head or chin}, but that if a woman have long hair, it is her glory!

John 16:12-14: Jesus says, "I have much more to say to you, more than you can now bear. But when he, the spirit of Truth comes, he will guide you into all the Truth. He will not speak on his own; he will speak only what he hears, and he will tell you what is yet to come. He will **GLORIFY ME** because it is **FROM ME** THAT HE WILL RECEIVE WHAT HE WILL MAKE KNOWN TO YOU**!"

And holy spirit inspired the 8 writers of the 27 books of the New Testament to write everything Jesus told him to write!!

Hebrews 12:2 Let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us, fixing our eyes **ON JESUS**, the **AUTHOR** and **PERFECTER** of our faith!!

THE GREAT COMMISSION: Matthew 28:18-20: Jesus says, “All authority in heaven and on ***EARTH*** has been given to Me {Not some RC Pope}. Therefore go and make disciples of *ALL NATIONS*...teaching them to **OBEY EVERYTHING** {The entire New Testament} I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very *END OF THE AGE*!”

Please note that Jesus told his disciples to obey everything I have commanded you which would be the entire New Testament. Jesus did not say to obey everything that I now whisper in your ear. Jesus also said that it was an unpardonable sin to **ADD WORDS** or **TAKE WORDS AWAY** from the words that I gave you in the book of Revelation as per Revelation 22:16-19!

Revelation 22:16,18,19: "I, Jesus. have sent my angel to give you this testimony for the Churches.... I warn everyone who hears the **WORDS OF THE PROPHECY OF THIS BOOK**: If anyone **ADDS** anything to them, God will add to him the plagues described in this Book {Including **ETERNAL HELL**in Rev 14:9-11} And if anyone **TAKES WORDS AWAY** {Like Chuckles and Quiznos} from this book of prophecy, God will take away from him his share in the Tree of Life and in the Holy City {The New Jerusalem}, which are described in this book."

John 12:48: Jesus says, "There is a Judge for the one who **DOES NOT ACCEPRT MY WORDS** {The entire New Testament}. The very **WORDS I HAVE SPOKEN** will **CONDEMN THEM** at the Last Day!"

Acts26:15-18: Jesus said to Paul, "I have appeared to you to appoint you as a servant and as a **WITNESS** of what you have seen and will see of Me. I will rescue you from your people and from the Gentiles. I am sending you to them **TO OPEN THEIR EYES AND TURN THEM FROM DARKNESS TO LIGHT**, and from the power of Satan to God, so that they may receive forgiveness of sins and a place among those who are **SANCTIFIED BY FAITH IN ME**!"

Acts 22:14,15: Ananias said to Paul. "The God of our ancestors has **CHOSEN YOU TO KNOW HIS WILL** and to see the Righteous One and **TO HEAR WORDS FROM HIS MOUTH**. You will be **HIS WITNESS** to all people of **WHAT YOU HAVE SEEN AND HEARD**!!

lukem316

View Profile
History
Posted : 29 Jan, 2020 05:10 PM

Sounds like you visited a very "seeker friendly" and "purpose driven" church. Check out Lighthouse Trails Research and Herescope for good apologetic thought about this movement.

I've visited quite a few similar churches myself, and they are a real turn off.

You go there expecting to hear the Word of God preached, and instead you get a marketing campaign about increasing membership and participating in worldly events. The SuperBowl is largely for watching immodestly dressed women during half time, drinking plenty of beer, and idolizing your favorite team. It shouldn't be included in a church service.

And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God. Romans 12:2

I've yet to find a good church, but it doesn't mean you can't have bible study at home. Get in the word and ask the Lord to give you wisdom and understanding.

View Profile
History
Posted : 30 Jan, 2020 02:04 AM

please do not forget the feminizing churches that have the lovely study of Holy Bible on how to be a man,based on a book written by a Woman,lol.

Teddyhug^

View Profile
History
Posted : 30 Jan, 2020 05:54 AM

KJO wrtites,

"My husband is a church goer and I am not for certain reasons. He wanted me to accompany him so I did..albiet , reluctantly." end quote.

Wow! What a testimony of being equally yoked in keeping Sun-day or BAAL day as "a church goer" now! Hey wait a minute, I recall you telling us how you kept the 7th Day Sabbath and posting NUMERIOUS studies and how Paul even taught it, had ALWAYS met with his gentile converts on the Sabbath Day??? My how thoughts and beliefs change quickly by "divine appointment" in a persons life these days!

But then it hit me, your right in attending your hubby's "church" as you are being properly "submissive" to his spiritual leading of the home and by him being the head of your household. I get it now, your right. You did the right thing, although at first "albiet , reluctantly" then ultimately realizing your place in the marriage.

Yeah! I hear ya, those "christian churches" of our modern times (really soon to be end of ages at His 2nd coming!) are really hip and exciting to attend with their once a year "christian inspired" superbowl "church" activities, weekly "christianized" Rock and Roll "assembles" and tons of caffiene, donuts and other surgery treats to get high on EVERY WEEK! PRAISE THE LORD! Lol! Been there, attended and witnessed that YEARS AGO! Yup your right, "Pagan Hall" to the max, gotta make "church" exciting, lets all get a buzz, fill those offering plates! Ha! How much money did you husband put in the plate? He is probably use to it from his regular "church goer" times, before meeting up with you.

KJO goes on to write - "Little does he (her husband) know yet what a "Pagan Hall" most churches are!' end.

Well I would of thought you would of known where he stood on that in the few short weeks before your marriage. That is odd!

KJO finally writes - "Yes, my husband is slowly opening his eyes to how bad it is."

Well that's always a good thing but what if he decides its not that big a deal (like a have heard so many times in my lifetime in relationships BEFORE considering marriage), that its just a minor detail to open eyes or not??? Sounds like a "slow" risky "business" to me, hope that works out for you as a wife and your son??? Yeah, what an "adventure" for the 3 of you I think you said with your "comparable help-meet" new husband!

Thanks for sharing the "church" going nightmare! I wondered if anything has changed in the babylonian "churches" today. Nothing new under the sun as the Bible says!

Teddyhug^

View Profile
History
Posted : 30 Jan, 2020 05:59 AM

lukem316 writes,

"I've yet to find a good church, but it doesn't mean you can't have bible study at home. Get in the word and ask the Lord to give you wisdom and understanding."

AMEN brother! There just is no good "churches" to attend but I'm not really giving up. But that should not stop us from digging deep into the Bible at home! Spot on bubba, thanks for sharing!

Teddyhug^

View Profile
History
Posted : 30 Jan, 2020 06:06 AM

Byys writes,

"feminizing churches that have the lovely study of Holy Bible on how to be a man, based on a book written by a Woman, lol."

YEAH! They just released a new book! Its called "becoming Hen Pecked" authored by chicken little!

LittleDavid

View Profile
History
Posted : 30 Jan, 2020 04:07 PM

I agree, a good church is difficult to find.

For a long time I couldn’t find a pastor/teacher or a church that actually took their Christian belief seriously but they still had Bible study discussions. I used those as opportunities to politely ask questions and make statements.

There were only 2 bible study groups I attended which erupted nearly out of control when I questioned a strange teaching about modern miracles in one group and questioned a certain prosperity preacher in another.

Yes, in both groups l conducted myself patiently although I was interrupted many times. After being interrupted several times, l asked the group if they could count a single time I had interrupted anyone of them. When they agreed I had not, I pleaded for the same courtesy. Graciously they allowed me to state my case.

One single lady felt so bad for me that she invited me out for ice cream after the Bible study. So it wasn’t all bad.

Later I learned that a married couple who loved the false prosperity preacher had finally stopped listening to him and switched to a better church. Don’t know if l had anything to do with the change

LittleDavid

View Profile
History
Posted : 30 Jan, 2020 04:18 PM

I wanted to add, that it is not necessary to forsake meeting all together with other Christians just because we can’t agree on everything.

Sometimes it’s possible to learn something from others or maybe we can find an opportunity to help others grow spiritually.

BUT WE MUST HEED PAULS ADMONITION TO TIMOTHY

1 Timothy 4:16

16 Watch your life and doctrine closely. Persevere in them, because if you do, you will save both yourself and your hearers

We can’t be careless about what we teach!! What we teach to others must be exactly what the Holy Spirit intended to be taught

View Profile
History
Posted : 30 Jan, 2020 05:07 PM

Church is when 2 or more born from above believers get together to study God's Word and to worship and praise God. A larger church includes elders and deacons and one or more prophets, evangelists, pastors and teachers appointed by our great God and Savior Jesus Christ as per:

Ephesians 4:7,11-16; To each one of us grace has been given as Christ apportioned it.... So **CHRIST HIMSELF** {Not the churches}appoints some to be prophets, some to be evangelists and some to be pastors and teachers, to equip His people for works of service, so that the body of Christ may be built up until we all reach unity in the faith and in the knowledge of the Son of God and become mature , attaining to the whole measure of the **FULLNESS OF CHRIST**!... From Him the whole body , joined and held together by every supporting ligament, grows and builds itself up in love as each part does its work.

The problem in the last days as we get close to the Great Tribulation there will be a great apostacy or great falling away in the churches which we are now experiencing!

In Matthew 24:9-13 shows this great falling away when the 1260-day Great Tribulation begins:

Matthew 24:9-13: Jesus says, ""Then you will be persecuted and put to death, and you will be hated by all nations because of me. At that time many will turn away from the faith and will betray and hate each other, and many false prophets {Like Chuckles and Quiznos} will appear and deceive many people. Because of the increase of wickedness the love of **MOST** will grow cold, but the one who stands firm to the end will be saved.

And just after the 2nd Coming of Jesus and the marriage Feast of the Lamb Jesus and His faithful saints will mount Heavenly White Horses as per Revelation 19:7-20!!:

Revelation 17:14: They will make war against the **LAMB** but the **LAMB** will overcome them because He is **LORD** of lords and **KING** of kings, and with Him will be His **CALLED** **CHOSEN** and **FAITHFUL** followers!!

View Profile
History
Posted : 30 Jan, 2020 05:07 PM

Church is when 2 or more born from above believers get together to study God's Word and to worship and praise God. A larger church includes elders and deacons and one or more prophets, evangelists, pastors and teachers appointed by our great God and Savior Jesus Christ as per:

Ephesians 4:7,11-16; To each one of us grace has been given as Christ apportioned it.... So **CHRIST HIMSELF** {Not the churches}appoints some to be prophets, some to be evangelists and some to be pastors and teachers, to equip His people for works of service, so that the body of Christ may be built up until we all reach unity in the faith and in the knowledge of the Son of God and become mature , attaining to the whole measure of the **FULLNESS OF CHRIST**!... From Him the whole body , joined and held together by every supporting ligament, grows and builds itself up in love as each part does its work.

The problem in the last days as we get close to the Great Tribulation there will be a great apostacy or great falling away in the churches which we are now experiencing!

In Matthew 24:9-13 shows this great falling away when the 1260-day Great Tribulation begins:

Matthew 24:9-13: Jesus says, ""Then you will be persecuted and put to death, and you will be hated by all nations because of me. At that time many will turn away from the faith and will betray and hate each other, and many false prophets {Like Chuckles and Quiznos} will appear and deceive many people. Because of the increase of wickedness the love of **MOST** will grow cold, but the one who stands firm to the end will be saved.

And just after the 2nd Coming of Jesus and the marriage Feast of the Lamb Jesus and His faithful saints will mount Heavenly White Horses as per Revelation 19:7-20!!:

Revelation 17:14: They will make war against the **LAMB** but the **LAMB** will overcome them because He is **LORD** of lords and **KING** of kings, and with Him will be His **CALLED** **CHOSEN** and **FAITHFUL** followers!!

Page : 1 2 3