Author Thread: Do looks matter for Christian men?
Brandyccc

View Profile
History
Do looks matter for Christian men?
Posted : 23 Mar, 2020 05:00 PM

This opposite question was asked to the ladies...so now let's ask the men. And ladies you can chime in if you want to make comments.

(Not being judgemental here, as I know in general, men are known to be more visual,,and it's all a matter of preference also...but thought it was an interesting question, as to how important are looks to the men..?

Brandyccc

View Profile
History
Posted : 23 Mar, 2020 05:59 PM

How about what % do looks matter? 20%,,or 90%,,,,etc. (No judgement,,,,but us ladies want to know?) :)

View Profile
History
Posted : 23 Mar, 2020 07:29 PM

It's pretty important. If I don't find a woman attractive, that might change as we go on dates. But there are women that are totally unattractive, and I said to myself, "I would rather stay single for the rest of my life than marry one of those." lol So, looks do matter. I am sure, women are the same with men. There are some men whom you wouldn't want to marry, not even if you were offered 10 million dollars.

Brandyccc

View Profile
History
Posted : 23 Mar, 2020 09:49 PM

Silver,,Yes, I think looks matter to most women also, but maybe not as important as they are to men..That's what I am curious about. Ha!

View Profile
History
Posted : 23 Mar, 2020 10:13 PM

Yes, I agree. What I want to know is are we going to be attracted to older women as we grow up, or are we going to get stuck with attracted to younger women? I am 38 years old, and I still find younger more attractive than older. Is this ever going to change? I mean what if I will be 50 years old. Will I still be trying to date 30-year-old women? Lol I just don't know how that's going to change.

Brandyccc

View Profile
History
Posted : 23 Mar, 2020 10:33 PM

Yes, Silver, I hope that changes, and I think it will over time,,,but then ..for some men maybe it doesn't.

View Profile
History
Posted : 24 Mar, 2020 01:42 AM

Hey silver. Do you find J. Lo attractive? Or Shakira? Or Jennifer Aniston? They're older than you. I find them attractive and sexy. So whatever is your answer to those questions, that's your answer. It really all depends on how people present themselves if others would find them attractive or not. It's not the age.

View Profile
History
Posted : 24 Mar, 2020 04:43 AM

I am a woman, I can chime in...and I know...looks matter so much to men...that had it not been for God's guidance in their life....they would rarely look at character. They want a trophy...an eye candy...and that's why Proverbs chapter 1_7 is specifically written to men. My view. Thank you.

View Profile
History
Posted : 24 Mar, 2020 07:20 AM

This is one of those tricky questions like asking "Do women want a man who has enough money?"

Well, of course, women want a man with enough money. But then some men accuse them saying, "She is a gold digger." So, I think, there are some things that are facts about dating, yet they are better not discussed, because we could criticize each other endlessly. Lol Everybody has preferences.

Also, consider this: If we knew everything about everybody, nobody would get married, because we would see all the bad and all the good in everyone. And people aren't all good. Even the good ones have things that they are not proud of. So, I think, the less knowledge, the better. I know, that sounds stupid, but hear me out. There is a reason why God designed people to fall in love. That reason is to not be able to see each others faults. When two people fall in love, they start to see each other and the world through a pink eyeglass. It's all wonderful. If we didn't have this, very few people would get married, because many people aren't attractive. They have lots of issues that aren't pretty. Maybe they have a ton of debt or a serious illness (I'm not talking about the coronavirus), maybe they have parents who are bad, maybe they have a child who is unruly, or maybe they have no education, or there could be lots of things. When someone is in love, they can totally ignore all that. But how does one fall in love? I think, for men, it starts with physical attraction. Period.

Alligator

View Profile
History
Posted : 24 Mar, 2020 08:17 PM

Yikes. that is scarey Dude. - on the other hand, if you are a beautiful woman, you can never be certain the guy really likes you or is just using you for eye candy while he continues to look around.

View Profile
History
Posted : 24 Mar, 2020 09:55 PM

"if you are a beautiful woman, you can never be certain the guy really likes you or is just using you for eye candy while he continues to look around."

Yup. That's sadly true. And for this reason, many women do not trust men at all. If we could rate beauty on a scale of 1 to 10, the higher the number, the least trusting the women. They think everybody just wants them for their body, which is somewhat true, I think. And they will eventually settle down with guys who are very good at masking what they want or they absolutely don't care about them at all. It's hard to be a woman. lol I don't even know what I would do if I was a woman! Maybe if I was a very beautiful woman, I would probably do something to cover it up. Maybe I would cut my hair short and wear no makeup, no high-heel shoes, no skirt, just jeans, just something brown, something that causes me to blend into the crowds. I would try to look very thin like almost a man. I'd rather find someone who wants me for who I am rather than my body. But of course, I see women do the exact opposite. (If you're a woman reading this, you don't see women's pictures on here, because all you see is men. But I am a man, and all I see is women here.) I see many women who stand in provocative poses and wear red lipstick or just you know, trying to show themselves...just asking for trouble. Lol (And of course, they are all Christians. We don't even have to mention that.) But then they are disappointed when men act too friendly with them for some reason. Women are a paradox! Lol

Page : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8